HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 4:28 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
Anyone know the current status or heard any news on this one? It's been a while since I drove by.
There is a recent shot up on Developments HFX for this one but it's hard to tell how it's different from the shot posted months ago in here.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
There is a recent shot up on Developments HFX for this one but it's hard to tell how it's different from the shot posted months ago in here.
I’ve been by a few times recently. It looks like it’s almost at ground level in the front. Once is above ground it should start picking up speed. I may have mentioned this before, but it seems like the approach is the same as West 22 on Mumford, also along the transmission power lines. They built up the back of the podium closest to the lines first, this was done with a mobile crane, I suspect it could work closer than the tower crane to the lines.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 2:22 AM

In an article posted on ANS today about Wadih Fares you can see a rendering of this building in the background. It does indeed look pretty similar to studio gang's Aqua Tower in Chicago. I'm hesitant to share the picture on this forum

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Economist View Post
In an article posted on ANS today about Wadih Fares you can see a rendering of this building in the background. It does indeed look pretty similar to studio gang's Aqua Tower in Chicago. I'm hesitant to share the picture on this forum
Please!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
In an article posted on ANS today about Wadih Fares you can see a rendering of this building in the background. It does indeed look pretty similar to studio gang's Aqua Tower in Chicago.
Yes, it's quite a tantalizing little tease which only shows a chunk of the building. Interestingly, the pic is titled "Quinpool Tower", which is unfortunate, coincident as it is with the somewhat scuzzy existing building of the same name.

It would be nice if the developer weren't being so stingy with information about this project. If what is actually under construction now is what is shown in that rendering, it will definitely be a departure and a landmark for Halifax.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Unless it is an original rendering that AllNS has commissioned they have no rights to it. Go ahead and post it.

It is an interesting point that this raises. That stretch of Quinpool is ripe for a string of high-rise apartment/condo blocks facing the Arm just like what one might see in Chicago. They would be some of the more desirable addresses in the city with that view.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 12:27 PM

https://ibb.co/nBWLwpT

"Quinpool Tower" rendering as seen framed in Mr. Fares' office.

Delete if not allowed

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 12:35 PM

Not exactly Marina Towers, but still quite nice. Thank you!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
It is an interesting point that this raises. That stretch of Quinpool is ripe for a string of high-rise apartment/condo blocks facing the Arm just like what one might see in Chicago. They would be some of the more desirable addresses in the city with that view.
I couldn't agree more and add another example of, dare I say it, downtown Toronto and the development along Queen's Quay West.

However accessing those existing and future buildings along lower Quinpool always looks like a pain in heavy traffic. If I were a planner or developer I would want a small access road running behind them along the train tracks.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 8:40 AM

While it is an exciting rendering I have a hard time believing that this is the same tower. Given the small unit count, the high floor count and the small lot that (only about 1/3 of construction site) that actually allows anything above 5 floors. What is shown here looks much bigger and wider then what is allowed on site.

I hope I am wrong. But I am also not getting my hopes up.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
I hope I am wrong. But I am also not getting my hopes up.
Probably a wise attitude to take.

Hell, I'll be happy enough if it doesn't turn out like the infamous execrable hotel in Bayers Lake.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 4:34 PM

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 9:00 PM

Finally! Like a zombie emerging from the grave. Still a long way to 32, though.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 1:57 AM

Looks like the podium is topping out at 3 floors. It's going to be a skinny tower. Very different from Richmond Yards which is the same height. There is also a solid external wall placed interestingly on the third floor facing the street.

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Looks like the podium is topping out at 3 floors. It's going to be a skinny tower. Very different from Richmond Yards which is the same height. There is also a solid external wall placed interestingly on the third floor facing the street.

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)
I’ve noticed the columns also look big, totally just a hunch, but looks bigger than if it was topping out at 17 floors.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2022, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
There is also a solid external wall placed interestingly on the third floor facing the street.
I was looking at this closer and wondering if that is a pool on the podium upper level.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2022, 5:40 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Looks like some decent progress happening on this one. From Developments HFX:

Source

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 2:32 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
I was looking at this closer and wondering if that is a pool on the podium upper level.
I think it is. It would be an incredible view of the arm from the pool... a huge selling point.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 4:38 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Developments HFX posted this shot of the balconies:

Source

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Developments HFX posted this shot of the balconies:

Source
Interesting. Lends credence to the rendering upthread from Fares. I'm pretty excited to see this one rise now.

I was driving in bound on Herring Cove Road (something I do quite infrequently) Friday evening and was impressed with the emerging cityscape from this angle. The 22 from Mumford looks really interesting here, and this development will be stunning if it pans out!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth