HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliguy View Post
I found that quite strange as well.
Yeah. I mean I get why they need to bump temporary parking during construction. Passing by the hospital it seems pretty clear this area (the old CBC building) needs to be used as a staging ground for construction as they dismantle the Robie parade and complete site preparation for the hospital extension.

I'm surprised however that they seem to have a large surface lot (or maybe two level garage?- there seems to be something under the lot in the rendering) in the design. Maybe they are reserving this area for a phase 2 expansion in future... they don't mention the Cancer Care Centre in PR anymore. Surely that won't stay at the Dickson forever?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrynorthend View Post
Yeah. I mean I get why they need to bump temporary parking during construction. Passing by the hospital it seems pretty clear this area (the old CBC building) needs to be used as a staging ground for construction as they dismantle the Robie parade and complete site preparation for the hospital extension.

I'm surprised however that they seem to have a large surface lot (or maybe two level garage?- there seems to be something under the lot in the rendering) in the design. Maybe they are reserving this area for a phase 2 expansion in future... they don't mention the Cancer Care Centre in PR anymore. Surely that won't stay at the Dickson forever?
Good point on the Cancer center. There is a second Cancer center that is well underway in Sydney at the Regional Hospital there. That is relevant as the highest demographic of Cancer in N.S. is in Cape Breton.
I would venture that the old CBC lands are going to be a designated land reserve for future QE 2 growth.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth