HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 2:42 AM

27 Story Mixed-Use Tower Planned for Broadway & 12th

The Tennessean reported that a 27 story mixed use building has been proposed for the old Mazda dealership site at Broadway and 12th.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...site/83839314/

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 11:11 AM
Nashville born and raised

It keeps getting ridiculous!!

An apparently unintentional posting of the proposed 'Lifeway Campus' development was discovered by a UP poster yesterday.

This property was bought from the formerly named Southern Baptist Organization (now 'Lifeway') over a year ago and has been enlarged with the purchase of adjoining properties. An older diagram showing the campus and context of the area impacted (does not include extra properties mentioned above).........

I am still waiting for the official announcement, whenever that will be, but this certainly gives an idea of the scope of the project that the developers may be thinking about.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 11:31 AM

WOWZERS!!!
Here are renderings, some unintentionally released, of single and multi-tower developments just revealed in the last month or so....

The Endeavor Project

The Lifeway Campus!!

The Crescent Apartments!!

The NCI/First Avenue project.

The Preston Family Project.

The MDHA request for proposals to develop City owned property. (Rendering is of rejected proposal).

I don't know how many will actually be built. I suspect most will. But it demonstrates how bullish investors are in Nashville's potential for growth.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 5:10 PM

This is really ambitious and would definitely shift the skyline westward. One of the buildings appear to be on the north side of the Church Street viaduct. I didn't know Life Way property extended past Church Street going towards the TSU downtown campus. I guest the plan also includes demolition of the current Life Way Tower since it's not represented in the rendering. I wonder how tall the buildings are? This would be an ideal location to finally hit or go over 50 stories.

Two of the buildings look like office buildings while the other two towers look like hotel and residential. Talking about changing the dynamics of an area. If this happens, that area will go from nothing to a live, work, play area really quick.

If this development comes to fruition that poor Holiday Inn Express will lose all of its views to the west and will no longer be the structure that has been somewhat iconic to the area since its days as a Sheraton. Don't get me wrong, I will not miss seeing that building standout as much as it does. It served its purpose of the years of giving some height to that portion of Broadway. It's just always been relatively blah.

All I can say is, I hope this development happens and does so aggressively.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 8:28 PM

Nashville please stop this is way to much.
p.s I'm kidding

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 10:51 PM

According to a poster on Urban Planet, the former Life Way Campus rendering that was posted is an original rendering by the initial purchasers of the property not the current owners of the property. If true, then there currently are no renderings for the former campus area.

Well, hopefully whatever is being planned will be equally as nice if not bigger and better than the posted rendering. It's time for someone to go BIG. And, by that I mean more than 30, 40 stories. It's time for somebody to hit the 50+ level. At this point I want the Mayor to intervene with developers and launch a competition to build the first 50+ story building in Nashville... LOL Hmmm... actually that might not be a bad idea....

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 2:56 AM
Future God

Another day, another high rise proposal for Nashville. This time, a 225 unit, fourteen story residential tower on Division St. in extreme southwest SoBro.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ulch/83929242/

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Another day, another high rise proposal for Nashville. This time, a 225 unit, fourteen story residential tower on Division St. in extreme southwest SoBro.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ulch/83929242/

Not much in terms of design. But should be a nice addition to that area. It should be a catalyst in jumping starting development there. If the multi-tower development that is proposed for the southern edge of SoBro is actually built, then this building will serve as a good infill to bring a bit of height between the southern portion of SoBro and the Gulch.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?! THIS JUST IN...yet *ANOTHER* new multi tower project announced just this evening. Repeat, this is a *SEPARATE* project from the one announced earlier this afternoon, set to be in Sobro as well but closer to the Gulch side, next to the future Division St. Connector. Truly unbelievable. Whether or not these see the light of day is yet to be seen, but they are both clearly very serious proposals...nothing half-baked about these at all.

The new project highlights: Four tower 1.6 million square foot mixed use development/One office tower of 600 feet/One 300 unit apartment tower (maybe 400 feet)/One 200 unit Condo tower (maybe 200 feet)/one 90 unit midrise for workforce housing (LOVE the inclusion of this)/65K square feet of street level retail space

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...line/82431864/

Unfortunately this project has fallen apart. According to the Tennessean, the developer decided to pull out.

Disappointing.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 3:45 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Unfortunately this project has fallen apart. According to the Tennessean, the developer decided to pull out.

Disappointing.
It seemed to be a stretch to begin with. Surprised at the sudden end.

That's the thing about all this development, though. Many will not come to fruition. But, many will!!

See page 114 for the under-construction and recently completed projects. Also, the Tri-Brand Marriott, the 18th and Broadway Hotel and 22 story Apartments and the Lifeway HQ are starting soon.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
It seemed to be a stretch to begin with. Surprised at the sudden end.

That's the thing about all this development, though. Many will not come to fruition. But, many will!!

See page 114 for the under-construction and recently completed projects. Also, the Tri-Brand Marriott, the 18th and Broadway Hotel and 22 story Apartments and the Lifeway HQ are starting soon.
It did seem to be a stretch but not implausible. I think the shocker was how quickly it was pulled. Why even make such an announcement and then within a few weeks pull the plug? There has to be more to this than what the Tennessean reported given the short time span involved from announcement to killing it. Especially since the Tennessean just last week or the week before did a full blown article on the project and spoke with the developers. What happened in less than a week or two that caused them to pull the plug?

I wonder if the announcement regarding the other major project between 1st & 2nd Avenues near the Ascend Theater impacted this project. Two major announcements like that at the same time seemed a bit much. But you had to wonder if the scale of one project would simply impact the scale of the other depending on construction timelines. Although I like both projects, I actually preferred the one that is being pulled because I liked that it shifted the skyline towards the southern edge of downtown and probably would have driven more development between it and the MCC. I still think over time that will come. But it would have been nice to see it happen sooner rather than later.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
It did seem to be a stretch but not implausible. I think the shocker was how quickly it was pulled. Why even make such an announcement and then within a few weeks pull the plug? There has to be more to this than what the Tennessean reported given the short time span involved from announcement to killing it. Especially since the Tennessean just last week or the week before did a full blown article on the project and spoke with the developers. What happened in less than a week or two that caused them to pull the plug?

I wonder if the announcement regarding the other major project between 1st & 2nd Avenues near the Ascend Theater impacted this project. Two major announcements like that at the same time seemed a bit much. But you had to wonder if the scale of one project would simply impact the scale of the other depending on construction timelines. Although I like both projects, I actually preferred the one that is being pulled because I liked that it shifted the skyline towards the southern edge of downtown and probably would have driven more development between it and the MCC. I still think over time that will come. But it would have been nice to see it happen sooner rather than later.
My wild guess is that the Prestons prematurely announced the project when they saw the NCI/First Avenue project revealed. They wanted to steal some of the spotlight and muscle to the front of the line of huge projects. Then the Chicago partners may have said 'not so fast', then backed out.

But that's just my speculation.

And there are some big multi-tower projects in the works with NCI, Lifeway Campus, The 5th + Broadway, and the MDHA proposals. But none with a 600 footer proposed.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 1:56 PM

A few shots of the 25 story Skyhouse Apartments in Midtown. It will really change the skyline in that part of town....

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 2:03 PM

Pictures of the Aertson Apartments/Kimpton Hotel in Midtown from yesterday, across from Vanderbilt....

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 2:07 PM

The 19 story M-RESIDENCES in Midtown/Music Row.....

Last edited by MidTenn1; May 16, 2016 at 2:08 PM. Reason: :thrasher:

Old Posted May 17, 2016, 1:07 PM

Ok I'll admit I'm confused. There seems to be three nearly identical multi tower projects. I can't distinguish what is what. Can someone please list each of the three, tell which one is likely, which are dead, etc.

Also the diagram page needs heavy updating.

Old Posted May 17, 2016, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Ok I'll admit I'm confused. There seems to be three nearly identical multi tower projects. I can't distinguish what is what. Can someone please list each of the three, tell which one is likely, which are dead, etc.

Also the diagram page needs heavy updating.
As far as I know these are the multi-tower projects remaining:

1. Old Nashville Convention Center Site also known as the 5th & Broadway Project is supposed to include two towers. A 34 story office tower and a 32 story residential tower. I believe there is will also be a low/mid rise building for entertainment, restaurants, African-American Music Museum, and retail shops.

2. Old Lifeway Campus located bound by Broadway and the Church Street viaduct between Rosa Parks Blvd. and the Gulch railroad tracks. Only a concept rendering was presented by the previous owners of the property. The new owners have not presented their plans for the property but speculation is high that it will be a multi-tower development of at at least 2-3 towers between 30 and 45 stories. There's also speculation there will be upwards of 3 buildings ranging in height of 10-20 stories. This speculation is based on the previous plans. However, we really have no idea what the new plans will entail.

3. The NCI/1st Ave Project is a two tower project planned for 1st Ave right where the Shelby Street pedestrian bridge crosses over 1st. The project is supposed to be an apartment/condo/luxury hotel property in a pair of twin towers that could rise as much as 40 stories. initial plans have been submitted to MDHA for review.

4. MDHA (Rolling Mill Hills area) - Taking bids for a multi tower project. No specifics right now but speculation is that the towers can range from 20 - 30 stories, maybe higher if a developer request an exemption from any height restrictions.

5. Midtown at 19th/Broadway a multi-tower building will be built. One tower will be 22 stories the other will be 14. One will be residential the other a hotel.

The multi-tower project that has been pulled was the one that caused the most excitement because of it's location and it included 3 towers with the tallest projected to be 40-45 stories. The location was in the southern portion of SoBro which would have stretched the skyline to the perimeter of the inner loop and drastically change that area of the CBD.

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 4:35 AM

Several new apartment buildings have been announced this week.

Charlotte developer Terwilliger Pappas will be starting a 271-unit apartment building in the North Gulch by the Capitol View mixed-use development.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ents/84437884/

Dallas developer Provident Realty Advisors to build 360 apartment units by the new Nashville Sounds baseball park.
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...partments.html

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 9:30 PM

Skyhouse Project: Checking In With the Nearly Topped-Off Skyhouse Nashville

Quote:
Set to bring 352 residential units to the corner of 17th Avenue South and Broadway, at the heart of quickly evolving Midtown, the tower will be divided into studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom units catering to young professionals and families. The ground level will be given over to 930 square metres of retail space, which will add to the site's urban character while filling a gap created by the demolition of a local sub shop.

Old Posted May 23, 2016, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Several new apartment buildings have been announced this week.

Charlotte developer Terwilliger Pappas will be starting a 271-unit apartment building in the North Gulch by the Capitol View mixed-use development.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ents/84437884/

Dallas developer Provident Realty Advisors to build 360 apartment units by the new Nashville Sounds baseball park.
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...partments.html

A few years ago we would go all gaga over announcements like this and discuss ad nauseam. Now it's like 'yawn'! Where's the next 30 story building announcement.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations