HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 18, 2020, 12:44 PM

Looks like we may again have two cranes on the skyline.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2020, 1:19 PM

Also noticed there is some activity currently at the Centennial Building (prep work maybe).

Old Posted Sep 18, 2020, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Also noticed there is some activity currently at the Centennial Building (prep work maybe).
They were there last week too. Prep work likely and ensuring building is tight for winter. Expect firm plans this winter with construction next spring

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 2:51 PM

Small crane working this AM at the Legion site on Queen. Also excavation work taking place for the new build next to Chesspiece on Queen

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:58 PM

NBEX land development survey can now be accessed at the link at the bottom.

https://engagefredericton.ca/nbex?to..._tool#tool_tab

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Small crane working this AM at the Legion site on Queen. Also excavation work taking place for the new build next to Chesspiece on Queen
Saw that as well, also noticed the tower crane base there (at former legion site), suspect one will be going up once they get a bit further along with pouring footings.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 6:22 PM

The West Hills clubhouse expansion will move into high gear in October. They are building a 10K sq ft, 2-storey addition that will house the pro shop, bar/lounge, an event room, a St James Gate restaurant and locker rooms. The elevator shaft has already been completed. The restaurant will have seating for 100 and events of up to 200 can be accommodated. Completion will be May 2021.

Last edited by Freddypop; Sep 24, 2020 at 8:38 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 1:38 AM

5G is here! This will help the IT industry here in Freddy and NB stay competitive

https://about.rogers.com/news-ideas/...lantic-canada/

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 1:08 AM

No Pics but the Legion site has a lot of rebar set up at the bottom; looks like it's about 3/4 set up for the concrete. I can't quite tell where the crane will be; but it might be on the back right corner (closer to Westgate) maybe.

Also there's a big pit dug next to ChessPiece for that new building as well. Lots of new activity starting up at both locations.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 2:38 AM

Work has also started on the building on beaverbrook near the end of windsor street.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post

Also there's a big pit dug next to ChessPiece for that new building as well. Lots of new activity starting up at both locations.
Was by there this morning and forms are in place for pouring the footings. Crane should be up there soon as well.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 12:25 PM

I swung by the Legion pit last night. Looks like most of the rebar is in place now except for the north east corner where the ramp into the pit is. They have the stubs for support pillars rebarred up as well.

I still can't tell where the crane base will go; I'm thinking it might be that North east corner, but it seems to me that will interfere with site access. Though once they start filling in the pit that may be less of an issue.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I swung by the Legion pit last night. Looks like most of the rebar is in place now except for the north east corner where the ramp into the pit is. They have the stubs for support pillars rebarred up as well.

I still can't tell where the crane base will go; I'm thinking it might be that North east corner, but it seems to me that will interfere with site access. Though once they start filling in the pit that may be less of an issue.
They typically use the elevator shaft, which is that part of the foundation they're building towards the eastern side, roughly in the middle of the building front to back.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 1:18 PM

Quote:

Was by there as well recently, the crane base is on the north side (river side) of the foundation (almost at the edge/form) near the middle (slightly to the NW).

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 10:53 PM

The houses on Forest Hill Road have been torn down to make way for the new apartment building there, and it looks like they are starting site prep.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
The houses on Forest Hill Road have been torn down to make way for the new apartment building there, and it looks like they are starting site prep.
Is that the Micro apartment site? I thought there was another proposal in that area as well.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Is that the Micro apartment site? I thought there was another proposal in that area as well.
Not the micro apartments, I think those are technically on Waterloo Row. This is adjacent to that site.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 4:18 PM

Local governments and local service districts will receive more than $75.9 million in community funding and equalization grants from the provincial government in 2021 to support their service needs and priorities.

It appears Fredericton leads the way in terms of growth 2020-2021. Sorry, not sorry, Moncton.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/...1-SFPC2021.pdf

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestedObserver View Post
Local governments and local service districts will receive more than $75.9 million in community funding and equalization grants from the provincial government in 2021 to support their service needs and priorities.

It appears Fredericton leads the way in terms of growth 2020-2021. Sorry, not sorry, Moncton.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/...1-SFPC2021.pdf
Thanks for sharing - interesting to see those numbers.

Lots of fairly significant assessment increases for residences in Fredericton this year, particularly in the eastern end of downtown.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 7:15 PM

Item's of note from this month's PAC agenda:

- 16 new lots in the sixth phase of the High Point Ridge neighbourhood. Two of these back onto the future park that is planned for this area.
- Proposed 40 unit apartment building at 360-364 Union Street, currently two single family homes that have been for sale as a package for a few months now. Seems to be a lacklustre design that doesn't interface with the street well. I'm surprised that this building doesn't seem to have an elevator. The units are also quite small so hopefully they will be relatively affordable.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces