HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceZ View Post
Does a bidet actually thoroughly clean up around your anus hole though? I mean, depending on the dump one takes, sometimes you need to get up in there with tp and apply some friction and pressure to clean up the soft, sticky crap that won't come off with a rinse of water.

Yes, I'm being graphic, but it's an honest and fair question.
There's nothing that a strong stream of water can't clean. In fact, it is precisely when you have a messy bowel movement that the hose comes in most handy.

And as far as TP is concerned, all you really accomplish is the smearing of your business all around your bum area. Am I wrong? It's just not hygienic for your bum or your hand...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 7:13 PM

In Tokyo, all the toilets have water streams etc. Yes they do really clean up everything, you don' need to use TP, maybe a bit to dry up a bit, but the water does a better job. Hoping to get a bidet add on thing like a tushy soon

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 7:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
There's nothing that a strong stream of water can't clean. In fact, it is precisely when you have a messy bowel movement that the hose comes in most handy.

And as far as TP is concerned, all you really accomplish is the smearing of your business all around your bum area. Am I wrong? It's just not hygienic for your bum or your hand...
I had my doubts as well but apparently they do a good job and are popular in many nations.

Now I just got to bring myself to try a bidet.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Hoping to get a bidet add on thing like a tushy soon
One with a camera and remote control aiming using a phone app lol. I can see going on Shark Tank pitching that idea lol

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misher View Post
I had my doubts as well but apparently they do a good job and are popular in many nations.

Now I just got to bring myself to try a bidet.
It's a dream. Once you've experienced that warm jet of water washing clean all that foul unpleasantness, you'll never go back. Give in to temptation and splash out on a nice Japanese toilet.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
It's a dream. Once you've experienced that warm jet of water washing clean all that foul unpleasantness, you'll never go back. Give in to temptation and splash out on a nice Japanese toilet.
How does it warm the water? Also just checking homdepot.ca, seems toilet paper isn’t the only thing having a run on it! Lol

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 6:02 AM
Back from the dead

Why are we talking ab... forget it.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerstud98 View Post
How does it warm the water? Also just checking homdepot.ca, seems toilet paper isn’t the only thing having a run on it! Lol
If you want warm water, you have to have a warm water hookup near your toilet.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
If you want warm water, you have to have a warm water hookup near your toilet.
I’m out, I have tankless hot water and it takes way too long haha. There must be a system with built in heaters.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerstud98 View Post
I’m out, I have tankless hot water and it takes way too long haha. There must be a system with built in heaters.
You can get that with a nearby GFCI plug, which most bathrooms don't typically have.

I did read a review that said cold water is not nearly as unpleasant as it seems for a bidet.

Almost convinced my wife pre-virus, now they are hard to find.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
You can get that with a nearby GFCI plug, which most bathrooms don't typically have.

I did read a review that said cold water is not nearly as unpleasant as it seems for a bidet.

Seems to me it could perk you right up in the morning!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post

Darn, I didn't find one of those when I was looking! I got stuck with the cold water!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:39 PM
Closed account

Well, if Newfoundland is the canary in the coal mine, we'll likely see serious belt-tightening by the provinces soon enough.

Or national governments - Italy may feel the brunt of a second debt crisis once this is all said and done.

Debt markets are getting twitchy about loaning money, which means that interest rates will climb on shaky debt issues.

The binge of cheap debt may be coming to an end for some places.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
Well, if Newfoundland is the canary in the coal mine, we'll likely see serious belt-tightening by the provinces soon enough.

Or national governments - Italy may feel the brunt of a second debt crisis once this is all said and done.

Debt markets are getting twitchy about loaning money, which means that interest rates will climb on shaky debt issues.

The binge of cheap debt may be coming to an end for some places.
Tightening across the board - governments and citizenry both. Our future will be poorer.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:48 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Tightening across the board - governments and citizenry both. Our future will be poorer.
In a sense, debt makes a place appear more wealthy than it actually is for a short period.

We all know the people who appear to have it all, but are about one mortgage payment away from losing it all.

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked" goes the quote by Warren Buffett.

I don't think the exciting times end when COVID-19 is contained. The hurricane is bad, but cleaning up the mess isn't going to be fun either.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 8:03 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
In a sense, debt makes a place appear more wealthy than it actually is for a short period.

We all know the people who appear to have it all, but are about one mortgage payment away from losing it all.

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked" goes the quote by Warren Buffett.

I don't think the exciting times end when COVID-19 is contained. The hurricane is bad, but cleaning up the mess isn't going to be fun either.
I think we are going to see a real hit on taxes once this is all said and done. Alberta is no longer the land of milk and honey and someone is going to have to pay for the staggering EI claims and bailouts that both federal and provincial governments are going to have to give to both individuals and businesses.

I can't imagine how this is going to play out in Manitoba- but I just think of the recent job losses- Nygard and Palliser furniture shutting their doors and the sheer number of people out of work just from those two companies alone. And the biggest problem is that every province has been hit hard, so it's not like you can pull up and move somewhere else to find work.

I think there is a massive battle brewing between the provinces and feds when this is all done surrounding federal transfers and I think it will make or break leadership at both provincial and federal levels.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 9:22 PM

The cruise industry may never bounce back:

The coronavirus may sink the cruise-ship business
The industry has few friends and its main customers, the elderly, may shun it for good
Mar 31st 2020

...Richard Clarke of Bernstein, a research firm, points out that the industry’s reputation has always had a problem with norovirus, a less serious disease which causes vomiting and diarrhoea, often reported by the press on cruise ships. The covid-19 outbreaks cement perceptions that if holidaymakers “go on a cruise they could get ill and trapped at sea”. It does not help that so many cruisers are elderly, the group most vulnerable to covid-19. According to the Cruise Lines International Association, a trade body, a third of cruisers globally are aged over 60...

....A more fundamental worry is that the numbers holidaying at sea may simply never bounce back when the industry weighs anchor again. Airlines and hotels will always be needed by business travellers; holidaymakers have options other than cruising. Worse, cruising seems not to appeal to the young. Surveys suggest millennials want more adventurous holidays, and are more concerned about sustainability, overtourism and workers’ rights. These are all areas in which cruise lines have been very publicly criticised in recent years. The immediate problem, however, will be how to lure old folk back on board, now that the spread of the disease is indelibly linked in the public mind to cruise ships. For next year’s holidays, expect many silver cruisers to rediscover their land legs.

https://www.economist.com/business/2...-ship-business

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 9:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammon View Post
I think we are going to see a real hit on taxes once this is all said and done. Alberta is no longer the land of milk and honey and someone is going to have to pay for the staggering EI claims and bailouts that both federal and provincial governments are going to have to give to both individuals and businesses.

I can't imagine how this is going to play out in Manitoba- but I just think of the recent job losses- Nygard and Palliser furniture shutting their doors and the sheer number of people out of work just from those two companies alone. And the biggest problem is that every province has been hit hard, so it's not like you can pull up and move somewhere else to find work.

I think there is a massive battle brewing between the provinces and feds when this is all done surrounding federal transfers and I think it will make or break leadership at both provincial and federal levels.
Provinces that used to pay the bills now need help. Provinces that historically have needed help are now doing the best and have to pay the bills.

Quebec independence is now going to get a lot more traction as Quebec is only ok when things go the other way.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post

[I]The coronavirus may sink the cruise-ship business
The industry has few friends and its main customers, the elderly, may shun it for good
Possibly, but I doubt it. Some of the major lines may have troubles, but cruisers seem to be a really dedicated group.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post

The coronavirus may sink the cruise-ship business
Mar 31st 2020

...Richard Clarke of Bernstein, a research firm, points out that the industry’s reputation has always had a problem with norovirus, a less serious disease which causes vomiting and diarrhoea, often reported by the press on cruise ships. The covid-19 outbreaks cement perceptions that if holidaymakers “go on a cruise they could get ill and trapped at sea”. It does not help that so many cruisers are elderly, the group most vulnerable to covid-19. According to the Cruise Lines International Association, a trade body, a third of cruisers globally are aged over 60...

....A more fundamental worry is that the numbers holidaying at sea may simply never bounce back when the industry weighs anchor again. Airlines and hotels will always be needed by business travellers; holidaymakers have options other than cruising. Worse, cruising seems not to appeal to the young. Surveys suggest millennials want more adventurous holidays, and are more concerned about sustainability, overtourism and workers’ rights. These are all areas in which cruise lines have been very publicly criticised in recent years. The immediate problem, however, will be how to lure old folk back on board, now that the spread of the disease is indelibly linked in the public mind to cruise ships. For next year’s holidays, expect many silver cruisers to rediscover their land legs.

https://www.economist.com/business/2...-ship-business
Sorry for being insensitive but I won't shed a tear if it doesn't...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada