HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 5:33 AM

Not to totally bring this thread from the dead but has 44 moroe opened. I have heard rumors that most of the units that were supposed to be sold are not anymore. I saw on some condo website that something like under 10 in the entire place have been officially sold. I tried looking it up on their website but that seems to be down as well. Any info?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 5:38 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ KID View Post
Not to totally bring this thread from the dead but has 44 moroe opened. I have heard rumors that most of the units that were supposed to be sold are not anymore. I saw on some condo website that something like under 10 in the entire place have been officially sold. I tried looking it up on their website but that seems to be down as well. Any info?
Its open, Ive heard that 12 units are sold. However a lot of those are 2nd homes for the uber rich who just stay there after drinking all night at a Suns game or whatever.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 2:58 PM

I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MANY UNITS ARE SOLD....I count how many lights I see from the park at night......Any way to find out a #?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 3:16 PM

I count three on the north side. I see their lights on at night as they watch TV and in the morning as they get ready for work. No idea on the south side but ya, it is open. Too bad it isn't busier...considering those facilities on the street level would probably fill out quicker if there were 200+ people living above it. Then again, it took forever for places to go into Orpheum Lofts and now we have the best sub shop in the city there.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 3:21 PM

Whats the best sub shop in the city?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 3:23 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
I see their lights on at night as they watch TV and in the morning as they get ready for work.
Glynnjamin= Jimmy Stweart in REAR WINDOW?

VVV Never saw that one, didn't it have Shia LaBoof (I cant be bothered to look up the correct spelling) in it?

Last edited by HooverDam; Apr 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 3:34 PM

HX Guy - Hero Factory

HoverDam - I use a video camera with 200x zoom...a la crappy rear window remake "Suburbia"

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 6:09 PM

and can we see what you saw on Youtube? LOL

Old Posted May 2, 2009, 4:11 AM

There are about 10 occupied
90 in escrow?
and I will keep my shirt on when watching TV

Old Posted May 2, 2009, 6:02 AM

Don B. --> Are you going to be working in real-estate law?

Old Posted May 3, 2009, 1:18 AM

Thanks Seymore :-) I don't have cable..so I'm just watching your TV.

Old Posted May 3, 2009, 1:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
Thanks Seymore :-) I don't have cable..so I'm just watching your TV.
that's not creepy.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2009, 11:50 PM
Ascension

This building really needs to be lit at night. It's tiny little crown would look so much better with some sort of light.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2009, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigirdbers View Post
Don B. --> Are you going to be working in real-estate law?
Yes. My specialty is personal injury, primarily because I have 18 years of experience in PI law and know it like the back of my hand. However, real estate and criminal defense are two areas that definitely have some sizzle for me, and those may be sub-areas I specialize in once I get out there and starting practicing. A lot depends on where I land, though (e.g. what firm I end up at).

I'll see if Alex can find out how many units are for sale at 44 Monroe.

--don

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 2:04 AM

Anyone have any updates on how many units are being lived in now????

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Anyone have any updates on how many units are being lived in now????
Well, according to this article...they have sold only 10 units. I hate to agree with someone who comments on AZCentral...but they are considering that "doing well"?

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ummit0715.html

On a good note...apparently you can get into a unit for $175,000. That doesnt seem bad at all for such a nice building, thought the HOA fees still kill you.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 7:05 PM

The HOA better cover replacing the dead tree on the 8th floor pool level. It has been dead and brown for months. It drives me crazy to see it on the SE corner. Replace it or at least yank it out!!!!!!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 11:40 PM

I had Alex check MLS on 44 Monroe. 9 units remain for sale, ranging from about $300k on the low end to $2.5 million on the high end.

One unit has sold in the first 7 months of this year. It was originally listed at $480k and sold for less than $230k. We don't know how much less because it just went into pending, and until it records, you won't know what the amount was that was agreed upon. It was a 962 square foot one bedroom unit.

Most of the units have come way down in price, like -45% in the last year. Many have been relisted and the price has been slashed.

The property taxes aren't up to date in MLS for 2008, but it will be in the thousands and thousands of dollars, probably $2,000 per year and up from there.

The monthly HOA fees start at $600 per month for the smaller units and go way up from there.

Alex's official real estate opinion: Don't buy in any newer high rise in central Phoenix. He would steer a prospective buyer to one of the older buildings, like Regency on Central. Once the foreclosures start on Summit, it will be a bloodbath in downtown Phoenix. Also, Century is in foreclosure as well. 44 Monroe's not out of the woods, either, although at least there the developer only has to carry 9 units instead of 50 or whatever Summit still had for sale.

--don

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 12:06 AM

9 units only remain??? Could it be that low because for some reason the owner isn't listing the 44 monroe units???

I don't think there is any outdoor patio furniture visible or any lights on at night. I think those are two dead give aways to the occupancy of a high rise...

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 7:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
9 units only remain??? Could it be that low because for some reason the owner isn't listing the 44 monroe units???

I don't think there is any outdoor patio furniture visible or any lights on at night. I think those are two dead give aways to the occupancy of a high rise...
Something to also take into account is the builder converting a lot of the units into apartments. There are currently 12 for lease units available ranging from 1350 to 1960 a month (do not know if that covers the HOA or not).

And I am actually only seeing 11 units sold through MLS's deed tracker, with another pending equaling 12 total sales. One of those units that sold for 1.5 million is trying to re-sale it for 784k, talk about eating up a lot of money. Only one closed this year on the 1st of this month, unit#2016 for 400k 1394 SF.

And Monroe is not listing all of its available units on MLS.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest