HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 3:27 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
RONNIE - what is the CPE height again?
I don't think it was specified. I'm estimating around 255' for 21 floors of residential though. Give or take.

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 3:32 PM

With a nice view too!

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Not sure if you seen my post a couple weekends ago, but Central Park East should be starting soon according to the workers on-site I spoke with. I don't know what stage AC is at. Originally it was anticipated to start in March. Of course, all these projects seem to take much longer to start than they are announced to start. Still waiting on more info on Barrister too.
Great news on CPE!

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 6:42 PM

For those looking for a good conspiracy theory: following the fire last month, the owner of the building at 5th Ave./Van Buren is moving forward with site plan review meetings with the City. Last I saw I believe the proposal was 6 story multifamily.

https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../180507004.pdf

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 9:53 PM
Skyriser

I don't know why there would be an actual conspiracy: (theories are fun tho...)

The building wasn't historic, it was just old, and even if it were historic that hasn't stopped anyone from razing anything here.

It has the zoning to have much greater intensity than the original structure.

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 11:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I don't know why there would be an actual conspiracy: (theories are fun tho...)

The building wasn't historic, it was just old, and even if it were historic that hasn't stopped anyone from razing anything here.

It has the zoning to have much greater intensity than the original structure.
He mentioned there was a fire there last month.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 1:49 AM
Skyriser

Yes, i know, but burning down a building intentionally to get the demolition permit that they would have handed you anyways doesn't actually make any sense.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:15 PM

Park Central

Quote:
The city of Phoenix could build a parking garage right next to a Metro light rail stop in midtown, reports KJZZ-FM.

As part of a proposed renovation to Park Central Mall — Phoenix's oldest shopping mall — city officials and the mall's owners are proposing a garage in place of the center's sprawling parking lot. Park Central's parking lot spans 2,400 spaces across a sprawling black top.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...town-mall.html

Not huge news but if they are going to model Park Central off of Skysong, this is the first step in redeveloping lots of parking lots into offices and retail.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 4:23 PM

Im confused...is this a park and ride lot for the light rail where the garage will be open to the public free at cost? Why can't Plaza Co. develop the garage themselves if its to service Park Central? Then again Plaza Co's success as seen in Scottsdale is built off the backs of the taxpayer. I hope the Goldwater Institute steps and in stops this debacle. Let Plaza build their own (expletive) garage.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 4:41 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Im confused...is this a park and ride lot for the light rail where the garage will be open to the public free at cost? Why can't Plaza Co. develop the garage themselves if its to service Park Central? Then again Plaza Co's success as seen in Scottsdale is built off the backs of the taxpayer. I hope the Goldwater Institute steps and in stops this debacle. Let Plaza build their own (expletive) garage.
Why do we even need a garage at the location? They can't even fill the surface lot and the current garage. If they want to litigate the heat island effect, build a damn residential complex on top of a 2 level podium, knock down the current garage and build a spec office tower. There are going to make a bad situation worse.

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; May 8, 2018 at 5:03 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 4:59 PM

The City of Phoenix is looking for a developer/buyer of the Ellis Building. I bet it is not physically possible or even there anymore, but it would be great if someone had the ability to rehab the facade.

https://www.phoenix.gov/econdevsite/...ing-1pager.pdf

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Why do we even need a garage at the location?? The can't even fill the surface lot and the current garage. If they want to litigate the heat island effect, build a damn residential complex on top of a 2 level podium, knock down the current garage and build a spec office tower. There are going to make a bad situation worse.
I assumed because they intend to tear down that parking garage and use up most of the existing lots as future expansion. Easier to build a new one than try to expand the existing garage, also they can probably get the city to give them funds for it to double as a park and ride.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 5:07 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
The City of Phoenix is looking for a developer/buyer of the Ellis Building. I bet it is not physically possible or even there anymore, but it would be great if someone had the ability to rehab the facade.

https://www.phoenix.gov/econdevsite/...ing-1pager.pdf
I'm pretty sure most of the time, old facades are just covered up with the new panels. It's possible the old façade is still under there although I don't know for sure since I don't know the history of this building. I know back in my hometown, quite a few buildings were rehabbed with the old façade still underneath. Let's hope this is the case. Phoenix could use a little more classic architecture.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 7:55 PM
Skyriser

I literally had no idea that was under that.

Would make an excellent condo product.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 8:23 PM

With no parking, condos could be a problem.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:49 AM

Anyone attend the Phoenix DNA meeting this evening @ Majerle’s? The Developer was supposed to give an update on 201 W Van Buren

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
Anyone attend the Phoenix DNA meeting this evening @ Majerle’s? The Developer was supposed to give an update on 201 W Van Buren
Yup, swung by and listened in. Not much new info than we already have (now called Phoenix X or PhoeniX, not sure how it was meant to be called instead of 200 W Monroe.) Still around 600 units, 2 phases. New renderings of the tower exists, though they didn’t show them. 40,000 sq ft of retail, addressing both Van Buren and Monroe and the only driveway for trucks into back of house (which is internal) is on 3rd Ave facing the church. A smaller one exists on Monroe but closer to 3rd Ave than mid-block. Every corner has some retail space.

Best part was the end, where they quickly ran over details on the mixed use tower to be built on the SWC of Adams and Central where the parking lot is. Looks cool, will post photos of renderings later.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 2:24 PM

any height info?

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Yup, swung by and listened in. Not much new info than we already have (now called Phoenix X or PhoeniX, not sure how it was meant to be called instead of 200 W Monroe.) Still around 600 units, 2 phases. New renderings of the tower exists, though they didn’t show them. 40,000 sq ft of retail, addressing both Van Buren and Monroe and the only driveway for trucks into back of house (which is internal) is on 3rd Ave facing the church. A smaller one exists on Monroe but closer to 3rd Ave than mid-block. Every corner has some retail space.

Best part was the end, where they quickly ran over details on the mixed use tower to be built on the SWC of Adams and Central where the parking lot is. Looks cool, will post photos of renderings later.
Awesome can't wait to see the renderings for the Adams RFP!!

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:58 PM

I may, or may not, have seen the RFP renderings several weeks ago but I may, or may not have, been sworn to secrecy and it may, or may not, look very cool and I hope it gets built.

It also may or may not be about 22 stories.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest