HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted May 15, 2011, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
This is an interesting picture. Where is this area? Is it being developed or will it remain as parkland?
It's hard to say. It's just off of Starboard where the road currently ends so there are no survey sticks in the ground but according to the layout map it will be between a condo building and a private road (for more condos). I just hope they keep the barren area as it is and put in a short path to the ledge overlooking the pond.

Old Posted May 15, 2011, 2:56 PM

If its the east side of Starboard it is a future massive retirement home complex owned by Shannex, the plans show at least 4 buildings spread across this rather large plot of land.

Old Posted May 15, 2011, 3:10 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
If its the east side of Starboard it is a future massive retirement home complex owned by Shannex, the plans show at least 4 buildings spread across this rather large plot of land.
Thanks for the information. Do you have a rendering of the Shannex retirement complex?

Is the lake shown in Dmajackson's picture this one - Bing Map link or is it closer to the 102 highway - here. I am not sure how far Starboard extends since the Bing Maps were updated. This is a scenic area - great for development. It is good to have interesting neighbourhoods. It is a great world that we live in

Last edited by fenwick16; May 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 11:33 PM

Update for Hemlock Square.

http://www.crombiereit.ca/en/lease_f...n.aspx?PID=131

Sobeys 50,700 Sq. Ft. OPEN

Dollarama 10,000 Sq. Ft.

TD Bank 5,122 Sq. Ft. OPEN

Goodlife Fitness 24,020 Sq. Ft.

Fast Fuels/Needs 2,500 Sq. Ft.

Royal Bank 4,550 Sq. Ft.

Lawtons Drugs 21,700 Sq. Ft.

Magicuts 1,200 Sq. Ft.

Dr. N. Brothers Dentistry 3,500 Sq. Ft.

Plus Shopper's Drug Mart Across the Boulevard

Old Posted May 18, 2011, 11:08 AM

they finally got the paving done on the mapleview yesterday with the letup in rain. The unknown street has a name i found it on the realtors website i just cant remember what it is off the top of my head or find it again the houses on that street start at 499,999. So half a million starting price. Other than that i heard theres going to be a tim hortons put in in front of the pharmasave across from the school on larry uteck but who knows when that will happen. Still waiting for metro transit to get up here .

Old Posted May 18, 2011, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcox1232 View Post
Other than that i heard theres going to be a tim hortons put in in front of the pharmasave across from the school on larry uteck but who knows when that will happen.
Site work has started on this site and the services will be put in probably next week.

Old Posted May 18, 2011, 2:49 PM

Quote:
t...i heard theres going to be a tim hortons put in in front of the pharmasave across from the school on larry uteck...
Damn. Was hoping for a McDonald's. Much better (and cheaper) coffee...

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 4:03 AM

Well didn't find anything out about a Timmy's or the new street off of Nine Mile BUT I did find these (bolded titles are links);

Southgate Village:

(to be located on vacant lot at Southgate Drive @ Larry Uteck)

Nine Mile Circle:

Sorry no rendering but its is a three-storey retail/office building for the Larry Uteck/Nine Mile/Starboard roundabout (north-east corner).

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 2:01 PM

ya what i heard about tim hortons is literally in the parking lot and about mcdonalds ive been told by management and owners ( i used to work at mcdonalds lacewood) that there is a plan to build a mcdonalds in the area around where shoppers is being built on the other side of larry uteck across from sobeys as they are asking managers if they were interested in tranferring there. Im still trying to find that real estate page again for the road off peakview ill take a walk down there tonight maybe and look again.

Old Posted May 19, 2011, 6:58 PM

i dont think this is the same building exactly but it is the same design and company not sure where that street is so price will be about the same

http://www.questrealty.ca/index.php?...&listingID=451

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 4:22 AM

Some photos and updates:

- The newest extension of Nine Mile Drive is almost ready for use along with adjacent side streets.
- Framing is up for an unidentified building between Sobeys and Starboard Dr
- The concrete base is in for Lawton's
- Framing is almost done for Shopper's Drug Mart (parking lot is being paved)
- The base is in for Southgate Village
- Height continues to be added onto 420 LUB (its already the tallest around)
- Parking level work is underway at Gardens Luxury III
- The foundation is in for 405 LUB
- The Mapleview is essentially complete

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 3:34 AM

I took these photos from the Harbour Isle site;

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 3:37 AM
Honored Member

Nice pictures. It looks like a lot of development is taking place on that side of the Bedford Basin.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 1:44 PM
Fizzix geek

Driving up the bottom part of Larry Uteck (which you can see in the lower left of that last picture) epitomizes everything that I hate about those sub-urban developments though. As far as you can see climbing the hill are a long line of beige vinyl sided identical homes. Old Bedford has such an nice "small town" feel to it for a sub-urban neighbourhood, but it is like driving into the depths of sub-urban hell when you go up Uteck.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 10:14 AM

you people really need to get over the same house side by side thing. It saves on building costs it doesn't waste time and frankly me and all my friends (the target audience to buy these houses) frankly don't care what the outside of the house looks like for color or anything. Is it comfy inside? yes, that is the only thing that matters to me as that is where i will be living. Im not gonna sit out front and stare at my house. I absolutely love living along larry uteck. The place is clean the people that live here to area amazing, the buildings are fantastic theres easy access to everything within walking distance and after 8 o'clock at night its so quiet youd think you were living hours away from civilization. I really hope i can stay living here for the duration of my life because with the new school everything you will need is right here and it will be a wonderful little neighbourhood to set up in.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 11:24 AM
Honored Member

Does Larry Uteck Boul. look like Starboard? I actually like those homes and apartment buildings.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 1:15 PM
Fizzix geek

Quote:
you people really need to get over the same house side by side thing. It saves on building costs it doesn't waste time and frankly me and all my friends (the target audience to buy these houses) frankly don't care what the outside of the house looks like for color or anything. Is it comfy inside? yes, that is the only thing that matters to me as that is where i will be living. Im not gonna sit out front and stare at my house. I absolutely love living along larry uteck. The place is clean the people that live here to area amazing, the buildings are fantastic theres easy access to everything within walking distance and after 8 o'clock at night its so quiet youd think you were living hours away from civilization. I really hope i can stay living here for the duration of my life because with the new school everything you will need is right here and it will be a wonderful little neighbourhood to set up in.
I have no problem at all with row-homes. They can look beautiful when done right, and are often a more appropriate use of land for homes of that size. I have no issue with the neighbourhood... as suburban ones go it is better layed out than most.

What I disliked was uniform beige vinyl siding with no variation as far as the eye can see. Bleh. It is just a way for the builder to cheap out.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...8,0.01914&z=16

Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 7:55 PM

Metro Transit will be unveiling a brand new route to be called Route 90 Larry Uteck which will start running on November 21st, 2011!

New ALF route created to service the developing area of Larry Uteck Boulevard to the Halifax Ferry Terminal in Downtown Halifax. (See route map in Appendix B)
This service will run every 30 minutes from 6:00am to 6:00pm, and every 60 minutes from
6:00pm to 11:00pm on weekdays and Saturdays; and every 60 minutes from 6:00am to 11:00pm on Sundays.
This service is proposed to be implemented November 21, 2011.
17,070 additional annual service hours.

The routing is: Larry Uteck @ Starboard (starting point) downhill, right on Bedford Highway, right on Windsor, left on Quinpool, right on Robie, left on University, straight onto Morris, left onto Lower Water, left onto Duke, left onto Hollis to Hollis@Morris (end point)

2011 Annual Service Plan

Old Posted Jun 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
Fizzix geek

I see they are taking the typical Metro Transit Special Direct Route to downtown.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2011, 7:58 PM

I agree, that sounds like a ridiculous routing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs