HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 19, 2008, 9:27 PM

[Dartmouth] Dartmouth Crossing

I can't find a thread specifically about Dartmouth Crossing so I thought I'd create one as it continues to grow.

I have not been out there since before Christmas and new buildings continue to pop up. Perhaps the most impressive is a new Hampton Inn of 150 rooms and perhaps 6 floors, located on the 118 near the Wright Avenue interchange. It is a fairly massive-looking building.

Driving through the development there are a number of low-rise retail building complexes being erected, nothing notable except the sheer numbers and size of the place.

Just off Commodore Dr in Burnside near the Jacques Whitford building (technically outside DC I suppose, but built to serve it undoubtedly) a new Best Western hotel is also going up, looming above the street from it's location on top of a bluff.

I don't particularly like the place in general for some reason -- probably the massive stores containing absolutely the same things as every other store of the same brand elsewhere in town, and the absolute soullessness of the place, no better than Bayers Lake. There isn't much there that's unique so far.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs