HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 6:38 PM

It will look much better with the new phase.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 7:03 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Boom!

What's next? First McKinley?
Demo permit was issued on 6/21. Notes in the demo permit state "to make way for new development". Also, hydrant use permit was issued on 6/27. It's getting close!

Edit: Also just checked on X Roosevelt. Many new permits and plan reviews have been issued over the past week. So this one is moving as well.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
We can keep this thread. I did change the height to 320' in the thread title to reflect phase 2's height.
Do you want to change the name to X Phoenix instead of Society (temp name), and the floor count is 25.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 7:22 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
Do you want to change the name to X Phoenix instead of Society (temp name), and the floor count is 25.
Done.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Done.
Awesome, thanks!

Also, I have been told X Roosevelt is shooting for late Oct/Early Nov Groundbreaking. Hopefully they make it!

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 9:22 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Awesome, thanks!

Also, I have been told X Roosevelt is shooting for late Oct/Early Nov Groundbreaking. Hopefully they make it!
Great! That explains why the new permitting activity. Do you know if they are going with JE Dunn or Clayco on X Roosevelt?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2022, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Great! That explains why the new permitting activity. Do you know if they are going with JE Dunn or Clayco on X Roosevelt?
Clayco is building X PHX II, Brinkmann Constructors out of St. Louis will be the contractor on X Roosevelt.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 9:51 PM
Modulator

Looks like construction is about to ramp up. A few guys walking around today and some equipment moved on site. Looks like Indy was right on the money

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 2:24 PM

https://theljc.com/projects/x-phoenix-phase-ii

Not a great looking building, but rendering has very little detail showing, so hopeful it turns out better than it appears in this rendering.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 3:00 PM
Modulator

Quote:
https://theljc.com/projects/x-phoenix-phase-ii

Not a great looking building, but rendering has very little detail showing, so hopeful it turns out better than it appears in this rendering.
The first phase in the rendering on the link above shows detail, so I think what we see on the site is what we are actually getting. The first phase was bad enough and now this? They at least could have matched the roofline to make it look cohesive with the first phase. Amazing that Phoenix has allowed this slop to get built. This isn't something that's could be torn down in 20 years. It will be here 100 years from now and will be forever an eyesore.

The worst part of this is that phase 1 will actually be the better looking half and the uglier half will be fronting the busiest street in downtown. This whole development disgusts me.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 3:37 PM
Modulator

Posting the rendering Indy shared the link to on here...and why is there a trend for reversing the perspective on renderings lately? It makes the renderings like even worse

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 4:06 PM

There are some aspects that I don't hate... the large window banks on the amenities (?) floor above the garage are OK and have a vague mid-century look to them. Those "V" columns on the ground floor are kind of cool. The rest is just very plain and boring.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 4:20 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
There are some aspects that I don't hate... the large window banks on the amenities (?) floor above the garage are OK and have a vague mid-century look to them. Those "V" columns on the ground floor are kind of cool. The rest is just very plain and boring.
I thought the whole idea with phase 1 was to create that "floating building look" over the garage. The phase 2 design kind of negates that. I would rather they had stuck with that floating idea.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 7:38 PM

Phoenix develops a lot of un-sexy buildings. This thing is gross. Fat, stubby, and a boring box design. It looks like a giant jail complex. Disappointing IMO.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
Phoenix develops a lot of un-sexy buildings. This thing is gross. Fat, stubby, and a boring box design. It looks like a giant jail complex. Disappointing IMO.
Yeah, really all you can say, hey, more buildings with decent mass/size that will light up nicely at night! Nothing else to say. It's a big beige box. We desperately need someone to break the mold and have a roof that isn't effing flat.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 9:54 PM

I’m not going to lie y’all, I’m tired of seeing these beige block looking projects. I’m not the biggest fan of how this project look nor The Stewart, Derby, and Aspire Fillmore (I do at least like that it has some color). And it feels like the LG Development project is going to do the same with their project.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDelon View Post
I’m not going to lie y’all, I’m tired of seeing these beige block looking projects. I’m not the biggest fan of how this project look nor The Stewart, Derby, and Aspire Fillmore (I do at least like that it has some color). And it feels like the LG Development project is going to do the same with their project.
The way to view this - we tolerate boring, boxy buildings as they promote density and density leads to breakthrough projects eventually. Most healthy downtowns needs a critical mass of permanent people before the really interesting office and residential projects come down the pike. It takes 10 of these boring boxes to get an Astra or Chase Tower redevelopment (crossing fingers)

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
The way to view this - we tolerate boring, boxy buildings as they promote density and density leads to breakthrough projects eventually. Most healthy downtowns needs a critical mass of permanent people before the really interesting office and residential projects come down the pike. It takes 10 of these boring boxes to get an Astra or Chase Tower redevelopment (crossing fingers)
If attracting a steady increasing flow of people downtown is the goal, then maybe an observation tower would be good? I know the "Pin" was proposed almost 10 years ago and that thing was ugly as sin but I liked the forward thinking.. We need something unique like this. An observation tower at the Phoenix Art Museum would be cool. Height limits there could got up to 700' I think. For God's sake even San Antonio has an observation tower.. You could make the tower an exhibit at the Phoenix Art museum and call it the desert tower exhibit or something... Or build an observation tower at the AZ Science Center but height limits there suck.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
Speaking of Chase Tower, does any one have an update on the renovation plans?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2022, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
If attracting a steady increasing flow of people downtown is the goal, then maybe an observation tower would be good? I know the "Pin" was proposed almost 10 years ago and that thing was ugly as sin but I liked the forward thinking.. We need something unique like this. An observation tower at the Phoenix Art Museum would be cool. Height limits there could got up to 700' I think. For God's sake even San Antonio has an observation tower.. You could make the tower an exhibit at the Phoenix Art museum and call it the desert tower exhibit or something... Or build an observation tower at the AZ Science Center but height limits there suck.
I do wish Phoenix had something iconic, like the St. Louis Gateway Arch or the Seattle Space Needle. Even Toronto has their "space needle".

Phoenix has got nothing and its a shame.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest