HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Am I forgetting something? I don't recall seeing this building before: https://schuylkillyards.com/lease-sp...-market-street
That is news to me. Also, floors 2-9 in the Cira Centre are being converted to life sciences/lab space (assuming that was where Dechert had their offices).

3025 JFK - expected delivery date is 1Q2023 according to Brandywine Realty's Life Sciences webpage.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Am I forgetting something? I don't recall seeing this building before: https://schuylkillyards.com/lease-sp...-market-street
Isn't that the corner where the bank is located, and that's where I thought the 1K ft. tower was penciled in to be built. If so a change to a 14 story build would be quite the downward change. This is a type of building that seems a better fit for the Science Center then a prime Market St. location, so close to Drexel.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Isn't that the corner where the bank is located, and that's where I thought the 1K ft. tower was penciled in to be built. If so a change to a 14 story build would be quite the downward change. This is a type of building that seems a better fit for the Science Center then a prime Market St. location, so close to Drexel.
I think 3151 Market is a totally new site/building. See the original map here - https://schuylkillyards.com/developm...huylkill-yards.

Nevermind, back on page 1 - "375 FT - 31 FLOORS - 3151 Market Street" -- so I guess this will be a smaller tower, 12-14 floors.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 4:18 PM

Yeah 3151 has always been in the plans.

The supertall is on a different, adjacent site.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
I think 3151 Market is a totally new site/building. See the original map here - https://schuylkillyards.com/developm...huylkill-yards.

Nevermind, back on page 1 - "375 FT - 31 FLOORS - 3151 Market Street" -- so I guess this will be a smaller tower, 12-14 floors.
Page 1 of what?
It looks like they are planning on a new n/s street between 31st and 32th, and just to the west of this new street is most likely the site for this proposal. 375' with 31 floors almost sounds like an apartment building, so maybe this is a change in use as well as size. But that first master plan was never locked in stone, they were bound to be many changes, and usually the changes in master plans turn out to be for smaller and with not so much high design in them.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 6:04 PM

If they’re marketing a new office site I imagine that bodes well for the first office tower.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Page 1 of what?
It looks like they are planning on a new n/s street between 31st and 32th, and just to the west of this new street is most likely the site for this proposal. 375' with 31 floors almost sounds like an apartment building, so maybe this is a change in use as well as size. But that first master plan was never locked in stone, they were bound to be many changes, and usually the changes in master plans turn out to be for smaller and with not so much high design in them.
Page 1 of this thread, Summers lists out all of the buildings:

Estimated heights for each future tower

1,095 FT - 70 FLOORS - 3101 Market Street
725 FT - 48 FLOORS - 3125 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
515 FT - 42 FLOORS - 3001 Chestnut Street
435 FT - 36 FLOORS - 3151 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
425 FT - 30 FLOORS - 3000 Market Street
385 FT - 28 FLOORS - 3020 Market Street
375 FT - 31 FLOORS - 3151 Market Street

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Page 1 of this thread, Summers lists out all of the buildings: [/B]

Thanks. From page 1, "We expect to deliver phase 1 several years from now," said Sweeney. I guess 3+ years still falls under the concept of 'several years'. Its alittle disappointing that in one of Philly's best building cycles SY's hasn't broken ground for any of their new planned buildings.
I've never quite understood how some of the vision for SY fits into what UC Science Center has and continues to try to do. And certainly Drexel is a big part of the science center

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 3:39 PM

Just so you guys know, I created those addresses for the thread as a general idea when the Schuylkill Yards plans were just released.

It seems like Brandywine is using the initial plans and renderings as guidelines to what they're doing, but it seems like they're tweaking things here and there as demand dictates.

With that said, it looks like that actually ADDED a few floors to a planned building, not decreased floor count.

If you look at initial renderings, there was this photo:

This shows a ~10 story building fronting Market Street where the current bank pad is, and where the address of this proposed building 3151 Market would sit. You can see the future potential "supertall" to the right of this, and the Drexel Paul Peck Center building in the foreground in the bottom right of this image.

Then, there's a highrise directly behind this that sits on JFK Blvd, where a portion of the current drexel lowrise building sits. I labeled this whole site as "3151 Market," but it's possible Brandywine is treating these as two separate sites and buildings with two different addresses? I could be wrong, but I hope that makes sense and I'm not rambling too much.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 3:41 PM

Either way, McGrath, do you want to create a new thread for 3151 Market, at 14 floors and 180ish ft tall, and I'll update the OP of this thread after you do?

Here's the Schuylkill Yards site showing this building with two renderings for now:
https://schuylkillyards.com/lease-sp...-market-street

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 4:07 AM
Philly Pholly

3151 Market Street

3151 Market Street by

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 11:26 PM

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 11:37 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Nice...so the red firetruck exoskeleton on the bulletin bldg will be the same color on the JFK bldgs designed by PAU that Brandywine is working on?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 12:14 AM
Midrise

I happened to be waiting for a bus a the SW corner of 30th & Market today and I noticed that the SCHUYLKILL YARDS signage is partially obscured from that vantage point, due to it being set back somewhat from the plane of the building front.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Nice...so the red firetruck exoskeleton on the bulletin bldg will be the same color on the JFK bldgs designed by PAU that Brandywine is working on?
Certainly appears that way from the renderings and the CDR pamphlet for the larger tower-3001 JFK; and just logically, it makes sense. If they mismatched that would look pretty barf.

Last edited by Jawnadelphia; Jul 17, 2020 at 3:17 PM.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 2:07 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Certainly appears that way from the renderings and the CDR pamphlet for the larger tower-3001 JFK; and just logically, it makes sense. If they mismatched that would look pretty barf.
Yep, I also looked at the IG accounts of both SY and Brandywine Realty. W/R/T to the JFK towers, Brandywine replied to a post that updates to the first of the two towers will be forthcoming soon. That post was from 4 days ago. BIG Hope that they will announce construction/tenant has been secured for it.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 3:26 PM

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 11:15 PM

Last edited by TK2001; Jul 19, 2020 at 12:33 AM.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 11:54 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Nice TK on the visualization. New projects will help to fill in the gaps in our skyline from various angles.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
I love the video strip at the bottom of the old Bulletin building.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals