HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 12:20 AM

Almost done!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 8:24 PM

This is complete now. I went by recently and noticed the signage for the "Food Cart Alley" but didn't have time to check it out. Does anyone know if there are carts in there yet?

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
This is complete now. I went by recently and noticed the signage for the "Food Cart Alley" but didn't have time to check it out. Does anyone know if there are carts in there yet?
No food carts yet. My understanding is that they are waiting until this summer.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 6:26 AM
BANNED

I like this wish it was taller

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 4:24 PM

That part of town has become so much more dense and energetic with this and other nearby projects, like 11th/ Washington and The Ritz Carlton. Those aren't finished of course, but the infill on these 3 former surface lots is pretty great. Miss the food carts though...

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
That part of town has become so much more dense and energetic with this and other nearby projects, like 11th/ Washington and The Ritz Carlton. Those aren't finished of course, but the infill on these 3 former surface lots is pretty great. Miss the food carts though...
There is an obvious spot for the food carts. A paved over O'Bryant Square. Inaction by the city has basically killed food carts downtown.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 9:28 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs View Post
There is an obvious spot for the food carts. A paved over O'Bryant Square. Inaction by the city has basically killed food carts downtown.
I wouldn't say that, just because the city lost one food cart location downtown doesn't mean they all are gone. As for O'Bryant Square, it isn't as easy as paving over it because it is actually a building. It's a structurally failing parking garage that needs to be ripped out and filled in, then redeveloped as a new square. I would like to see a food cart park replace it, but the funds to do this just don't exist right now.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2021, 9:36 PM

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/moxy-portland-hotel/

Quote:
Great for Instagram but not for spending the night: Review of the Moxy Portland Downtown
Stella Shon
thepointsguy.com

Stemming from a desperate need to get some fresh air and escape the concrete jungle of New York City for a few days, my friends and I flew cross-country to spend an outdoorsy weekend in Portland, Oregon, full of hiking, apple-picking and brewery-hopping. It was just what the doctor ordered — and I even got to check Oregon off my list as the last state I had yet to visit on the West Coast.

With virtually no prior familiarity with Portland, we wanted to find a hotel downtown with easily accessible public transport options that we could take advantage of to explore the city.

A colleague suggested I try the Moxy Portland Downtown, which opened its doors earlier this year. If you’re unfamiliar with Moxy hotels, this millennial-focused brand with locations in bustling urban centers aims to offer a “lifestyle hotel” that pares down the standard amenities you’d find in a full-service property, but attempts to compensate with highly styled public areas, not to mention a dose of street-inspired room decor.

I was curious to see if the Moxy brand appealed to my (fellow Gen Z) friends and me since the label is among the most quickly expanding within the Marriott portfolio. There are currently 90-plus Moxys out there — with 119 coming down the pipeline — now spanning major U.S. cities as well as European markets since the brand’s initial launch in 2014. Would Moxy become my new go-to Marriott chain?
...(continues)

Old Posted Nov 3, 2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Stay in a Millennial themed hotel just to complain about a Millennial themed hotel... got it. Gen Z'ers for ya.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 6:30 AM

I'm a 57 year old Portland native, and I'd definitely stay there. I love Downtown Portland anyways. The article seemed pretty positive for the most part. And the prices seemed down right thrifty for the area. I look forward to coming back for a Blazer game and seeing family. I hope to move back in the future, but that's seeming more & more like a pipedream with lack of affordable housing. Same here in Denver. Definitely a pipedream. But the Moxy looks pretty darn good to me.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2022, 9:43 PM

The little food alley in the Moxy is coming alive!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2022, 8:19 PM

Quote:
The little food alley in the Moxy is coming alive!

That is possibly the best wet floor sign I've ever seen.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
That is possibly the best wet floor sign I've ever seen.
Yeah, I chuckled when I saw that.

HEY, if anyone is in the area, support Big E in the Moxy alley if you can. Chef Justin Sutherland suffered a horrific boating accident earlier this month and could sure use a busy window to ease any worry about his startup here.

https://people.com/food/chef-justin-...n-liquid-form/

Old Posted Jul 20, 2022, 5:42 AM
A before E

Quote:
Yeah, I chuckled when I saw that.

HEY, if anyone is in the area, support Big E in the Moxy alley if you can. Chef Justin Sutherland suffered a horrific boating accident earlier this month and could sure use a busy window to ease any worry about his startup here.

https://people.com/food/chef-justin-...n-liquid-form/
That is awful, though it could have definitely been worse. Also, I had no idea Justin Sutherland was in Portland and had a restaurant here. I am a huge fan of the show Fast Foodies he is on. All of those chefs are artists in the kitchen.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2022, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
That is awful, though it could have definitely been worse. Also, I had no idea Justin Sutherland was in Portland and had a restaurant here. I am a huge fan of the show Fast Foodies he is on. All of those chefs are artists in the kitchen.
Ditto! Loved him in Top Chef and Fast Foodies is just plain fun to watch.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland