HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 8, 2013, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I don't think this building design is worthy of the most lucrative site in the world. It looks like a horrible pastiche of the ESB in a modern style done in a lazy manner. Rather disappointing I feel. I think they should not impinge upon the legacy of the ESB and move in a more modern direction. Creating a new ESB for the 21st century with a style that reflects the current cutting edge in architecture would be the better way to go. Instead they are merely rehashing old ideas that pale in comparison to what was built in he 30s. I'd like to see a stunning organic or futurist tower here that would mark the vanguard of the next generation of NYC skyscraper innovation.
It doesn't look bad at all. It's an office building in New York City, I don't know what people expected. Like the World Trade Center somehow looks better? This is at least on par with Hudson Yards, which is good looking already. I'll be waiting for that "better design for the spot."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive