HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 6:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
That neighborhood has been going crazy for the past year or so, I have a building near 36th and Earll and have been watching Earll be completely re-developed. All of the white women who don't have enough money to live in Arcadia need something affordable they can call Arcadia. Maybe it will be SoDA (south of da arcadia).
All the white women. Hmm.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 9:52 PM

Yeah, leased three series bmw, yoga matt in the back seat, only eats free-range non-gmo organic whole foods products, must live in Arcadia but makes $35,000 as a waitress at one of the local Sam Fox restaurants. They'll do anything they can to tell everyone they meet at Under Tow they live in Arcadia just a few blocks away and go into any amount of debt... these women need a way to buy the Arcadia life.

Obviously lots of hyperbole but I think you follow what I'm saying.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 10:12 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 5:37 AM

Quote:
That neighborhood has been going crazy for the past year or so, I have a building near 36th and Earll and have been watching Earll be completely re-developed. All of the white women who don't have enough money to live in Arcadia need something affordable they can call Arcadia. Maybe it will be SoDA (south of da arcadia).
Interesting. I would love to see these folks interact with my neighbors who, without implicating myself, are not the most legally abiding folks. but they do watch out for us and we watch out for them.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 10:59 PM

A few weeks ago there was a fire at the Think! print shop building on 5th St. just south of Roosevelt. Looks like they're not wasting any time redeveloping.

Quote:
921 N 5TH ST PHOENIX AZ 85004
Quote:
REDEVELOPMENT OF EXISTING NON-HISTORIC BUILDINGS. NEW 3 STORY GREY SHELL MIXED USE BUILDING FOR FUTURE RETAIL, ART STUDIO, OFFICE, AND RESTAURANT USES. TENANT IMPROVEMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ON SEPARATE PERMITS.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
A few weeks ago there was a fire at the Think! print shop building on 5th St. just south of Roosevelt. Looks like they're not wasting any time redeveloping.
Interesting, those are all blocks of single homes cool that it will be a 3 story mixed use.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 9:45 AM

The team who renovated The Gold Spot have purchased several properties on 5th and 6th Streets so expect some really cool additions to the heart of Roosevelt Row. Think! was one of them, and I am glad to see plans already in the works for a great infill project -- those are the type needed on empty lots like those by Songbird, Bliss, along Portland, etc. The retail building with the Flowers mural has also sold but not sure what is going there. An artist-focused loft project with small spaces for galleries, boutiques, etc. would be great. Another single-use 4 story box will not be.

Also in that area were planned: The Oscar on Portland/2nd St, another 3-story live/work Container project by RHA between 4th and 5th Streets on Roosevelt, and Eric Brown's 3-story mixed use project for the corner of Artisan. Hoping to also see something interesting on 1st Street between Sutra and the 2-story historic looking apartment eventually. Some mixed media schools and such would be a nice addition.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 9:51 AM

PS. Thanks for the pics, but you're using 'urban' a bit too loosely to describe many of those designs. Simply building to the lot line and turning the suburban model of parking inside out is not urban. Union and Proxy333 are the best examples of midrise urban and of course Portland on the Park killed it. But, the simple things like ground floor live/work, hidden service entries, integrated parking, etc. make Proxy a better project than any Alta, Broadstone, or Linear/iLuminate will ever be. It's great that doors open to the street, but who the hell is going to use that when parking has been made so easy and none of those projects have added the type of amenities that create a walkable neighborhood?

Interested to see where the Proxy developers are thinking near McDowell - I feel like it's the lot adjacent to Artisan Lofts or the Blue Fin lot(s).

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 11:45 PM

I mentioned this one earlier https://m.facebook.com/Fillmorecoffeeco/

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 7:02 PM

Alta Camelback

I don't know if this is old news, but Alta Camelback was issued building permits.

Quote:
NEW 5 LEVEL PRECAST CONCRETE PARKING GARAGE OF S-2 OCCUPANCY IN TYPE 1-B CONSTRUCTION (AREA=116,009 SF) SURROUNDED BY NEW 4-STORY WOOD FRAMED BUILDING OF R-2, S-2, and A-3 MIXED OCCUPANCY IN TYPE V-A CONSTRUCTION (R-2=288,954 SF, S-2=9,736 SF, and A-3=13,722 SF). 2-HOUR CONCRETE FIRE WALL SEPARATING GARAGE FROM
RESIDENTIAL ON ALL SIDES and DIVIDES THE STRUCTURE INTO 6 AREAS PER CMOD 160047. 6 TYPE A UNITS PLUS 231 TYPE B UNITS=237 UNITS
TOTAL. TOTAL OCCUPANT LOAD = 2,888
https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Documents/Z-39-15n.pdf

I think it's actually one of the better Wood Partners buildings--more dense, and I like that the vehicle entrance to the garage is off 8th Pl. and not 7th St.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 4:17 PM

2nd St. & Willetta

"City Center on the Park"

https://brewaz.com/hot-news/transwes...on-hance-park/

Quote:
Transwestern...plans to develop a mixed-use apartment project in downtown Phoenix at the southwest corner of Willetta and 2nd Street. The two-phase project, which would initially include 319 apartments in a five-story building, is targeted for a 5-acre site along Margaret Hance Park. Transwestern is working on site plan approval to develop a five-story apartment building that would be connected via a pedestrian bridge to a four-story structure in the second phase. The $100 + million project, being called City Center on The Park, is planned for a portion of the 32.5-acre Margaret Hance Park that stretches across the top of Interstate 10 deck park tunnel through downtown Phoenix from 3rd Street to 3rd Avenue.

Transwestern is under contract to buy 5 acres located along the south side of Willetta Street in between 2nd and 3rd streets. The property is owned by Cable One Inc. in Phoenix (NYSE:CABO). Sources say Transwestern will pay roughly $16 million to acquire the property in two acquisitions...The first purchase could be final in November, which would allow for a start of construction by year-end. Transwestern, a global real estate investment, development and management firm, is believed to have an insurance company equity partner for phase one.

Plans for the initial phase show 243, one-bedroom apartments and 76, two-bedroom units, 4,500 sq. ft. of commercial space and 475 parking stalls. Amenities include: a resort style swimming pool, “zen courtyard with dining and gaming,” resident lounge, business center, fitness facility and a parking garage. The second phase is proposed for a four-story, 138,000-square-foot office building. Short of demand for the office space, Transwestern could develop another 200 + apartments in phase two.

...Transwestern has other multi-family projects planned in the Valley, including The Derby in downtown Phoenix. That 19-story tower, at the northwest corner of 2nd and McKinley streets, is planned for 211 furnished, micro-unit apartments.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:04 PM

Quote:
I don't know if this is old news, but Alta Camelback was issued building permits.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Documents/Z-39-15n.pdf

I think it's actually one of the better Wood Partners buildings--more dense, and I like that the vehicle entrance to the garage is off 8th Pl. and not 7th St.
I prefer the muted color scheme actually.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:05 PM

Quote:
So the derby is still in the pipe! Also what's the significance of the insurance partner? Will they occupy the office or is it simply more stable financing?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, leased three series bmw, yoga matt in the back seat, only eats free-range non-gmo organic whole foods products, must live in Arcadia but makes $35,000 as a waitress at one of the local Sam Fox restaurants. They'll do anything they can to tell everyone they meet at Under Tow they live in Arcadia just a few blocks away and go into any amount of debt... these women need a way to buy the Arcadia life.

Obviously lots of hyperbole but I think you follow what I'm saying.
You're perceptions say as much about you as such hyperbole does about any characters out there who fit your stereotype.

Either way, people are gentrifying what was a pretty shitty part of East Phoenix overall like you said so it's mostly a good thing. I say this as a homeowner in the Phoenix Homestead neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:20 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
So the derby is still in the pipe! Also what's the significance of the insurance partner? Will they occupy the office or is it simply more stable financing?
If you are referring to Derby @Roosevelt, this is unrelated to that project. This will be going up in the lot just N/E of Burton Barr on the old school lot they just demo'd.

Edit* N/M. Just read the last paragraph referencing the Derby in the article above. Yea, hopefully that is still happening. Too good of a project to get shelved!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I was thinking more the latter.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINphx View Post
You're perceptions say as much about you as such hyperbole does about any characters out there who fit your stereotype.

Either way, people are gentrifying what was a pretty shitty part of East Phoenix overall like you said so it's mostly a good thing. I say this as a homeowner in the Phoenix Homestead neighborhood.
Oh relax, I'm just making jokes.

Happy to see the area getting nicer...

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Oh relax, I'm just making jokes.

Happy to see the area getting nicer...
I do get your point - but shit lol

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 1:58 AM

The insurance company is an equity partner, i.e. they are helping to finance it. Large institutions such as insurance companies and pensions often invest in real estate. Having an insurance company as an equity partner is a sign that this project will go through.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 6:13 PM

I think we all knew about enHance Park condos but this is the first I've read of additional phases, increased heights and density.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/20...e-park-condos/
Quote:
En Hance Park is located at 1130 N. 2nd Street, in the Evans Churchill neighborhood. The first phase (currently under construction) is a five-story building with floorpans ranging from studios to three bedrooms and priced from 150k-575k. The second and third phases will be built adjacent to phase one and will be subsequently taller structures.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest