HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
This building is beautifully-designed. I hope that this will set the standard for new buildings that will eventually pop up along N. American Street. Once this street undergoes its scheduled redesign, I can imagine that buildings like this will start to rise from Master to Lehigh.
To each his own.

I think it's terrible.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 3:42 PM

Spring Garden School reopens as affordable housing for veterans in West Poplar

Read more here:
https://philly.curbed.com/2017/11/10...center-opening

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 6:58 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 3:01 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
To each his own.

I think it's terrible.
Put your money where your mouth is then.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Just drove past Lincoln Square, the cladding is...I guess what I expected.

Is that Miami Vice-esque teal part of the finished cladding? I hope not. I passed by the other day and saw this, but assumed the teal was an insulation layer underneath metal panels.

On another note, does anyone know what is going in at the old Vare school on Moyamensing? I spoke to a construction worker who told me it'll be condos, but I am wondering if there is another structure (or maybe townhomes) going up in the back or if it is just parking. They are doing a lot of digging there. Vare is a beautiful old school, so I think this will be a big boon for Pennsport.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 4:50 PM

Blatstein pulled permits to demo and build 1148 n 2nd St 208 w girard down to 1102 n 2nd. looks like two buidings 100+ units if i'm reading this right.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
Is that Miami Vice-esque teal part of the finished cladding? I hope not. I passed by the other day and saw this, but assumed the teal was an insulation layer underneath metal panels.
I'm fairly confident the teal is going away. I think there was more of it before and it's been covered as they've continued to add more of the facade.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
On another note, does anyone know what is going in at the old Vare school on Moyamensing? I spoke to a construction worker who told me it'll be condos, but I am wondering if there is another structure (or maybe townhomes) going up in the back or if it is just parking. They are doing a lot of digging there. Vare is a beautiful old school, so I think this will be a big boon for Pennsport.
Five townhomes on the parking lot: http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...g-forward-last

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 3:51 PM

Mixed-use project to bring 113 units to vacant Northern Liberties lot

https://philly.curbed.com/2017/11/13...hern-liberties

Quote:
Here’s how the buildings will break down, via the permit: One building will house 38 residential units from the first through fourth floors. The second, bigger building will be home to 75 dwellings, plus two commercial spaces on the first floor. There will also be an attached garage for 30 cars and 43 bike spaces.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 4:59 PM

^^Finally

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Mixed-use project to bring 113 units to vacant Northern Liberties lot

https://philly.curbed.com/2017/11/13...hern-liberties
Any thoughts on the height?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeguy View Post
Any thoughts on the height?
Article says 4 floors.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 12:00 PM

Hale building from a few days ago:
20171105_072244 by shad obat, on Flickr

20171105_072116 by shad obat, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 1:07 PM
BANNED

that building looks so much better its not even funny. Hopefully this spurs improvements to the very dead 1300 block of chestnut. I cant believe the olive garden space is STILL vacant.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
that building looks so much better its not even funny. Hopefully this spurs improvements to the very dead 1300 block of chestnut. I cant believe the olive garden space is STILL vacant.
There is little on that block that can be developed that isn’t already in the works. Macy’s occupies one side. The two buildings next to Bru, and across Juniper from Hale, are already being developed into new restaurants. SweatbFitness is about to open in the building Walgreens occupies. I believe a large Wawa is moving into the store I. Goldberg vacated. Scientology has been sitting in the PMC Group building forever. Maybe they will do something with it finally. Really, the only spot looking for a new tenant or owner is the storefront where Scratch Biscuits was. Actually, that frstelli’s place in a nice building next to Macy’s on the other side just closed for tax evasion. So a new tenant can go there too. Would be nice to see the Olive Garden space fill too. That is the final one. The facade on those first floors is hideous and crumbling. The owner (a different one than the residential owner of the Griffin apartments above) should redo it.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 2:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
There is little on that block that can be developed that isn’t already in the works. Macy’s occupies one side. The two buildings next to Bru, and across Juniper from Hale, are already being developed into new restaurants. SweatbFitness is about to open in the building Walgreens occupies. I believe a large Wawa is moving into the store I. Goldberg vacated. Scientology has been sitting in the PMC Group building forever. Maybe they will do something with it finally. Really, the only spot looking for a new tenant or owner is the storefront where Scratch Biscuits was. Actually, that frstelli’s place in a nice building next to Macy’s on the other side just closed for tax evasion. So a new tenant can go there too. Would be nice to see the Olive Garden space fill too. That is the final one. The facade on those first floors is hideous and crumbling. The owner (a different one than the residential owner of the Griffin apartments above) should redo it.
something replaced scratch biscuits already. The scientology building is vacant as you said and there is another vacant storefront with a roll down metal gate on chestnut, but it might be 1200 block. I thought there was another vacancy near I goldberg

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 2:43 PM

The healthy Bodega type store (Sweet Fresh or something like that) is gone but it looks like they are already working of fitting out the space for a new tenant.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
something replaced scratch biscuits already. The scientology building is vacant as you said and there is another vacant storefront with a roll down metal gate on chestnut, but it might be 1200 block. I thought there was another vacancy near I goldberg
There are some additional vacancies on the 1200 block. Some of those are being filled. There are two restaurants replacing those furniture stores. Both blocks are starting to turn over, which is good to see.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 5:27 PM

Developers Present Initial Plan to Redevelop Chocolate Factory

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...colate-factory

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Developers Present Initial Plan to Redevelop Chocolate Factory

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...colate-factory
If they pull this off and do so using good materials, it will be a coup for Washington Avenue.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development