HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 2:44 AM
Endless Moments...

The Outpatient Care Center is super kewl. I really like the top.

The last pic of downtown looks super sharp. It will look different in another year or so. Very Nice...

Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 3:37 AM
Ex Houstonian

Some pictures from yesterday of random projects I found whilst driving around town.

The Mosaic at Hermann Park. The tower on the left is done I believe and the other is almost completed.

The newly opened House of Blues at the Pavilions. It is pretty awesome.

Houston Pavilions is going to be pretty nice if they get it filled out with stores and such. Right now there is hardly anything there but there a few new stores opening soon. I hope this project is really successful. It will be like a mini Galleria downtown.

H town is super sexy these days and it will only get better in the coming months and years if all goes to plan.

Highland Tower near the Galleria is just starting, Ive never even heard of it, just saw the cranes while driving near it so I thought Id check it out.

Another development I know nothing about, its right near the Museum district and along the metro rail. Anyone know anything about this?

2727 Kirby is almost done me thinks.

Main Place at night when the weird hobos come out to play. To my right while taking this picture a hobo was taking a leak on one of the metro rail benches. It was nice.

Another photo of The Mosaic.

There were so many cranes everywhere that I just didnt have the time to go take pics of all of them. There must be a good 30 new towers going in around Houston, if not more. In the Medical District there looked to be about 10 new ones going in alone. WOW!!!!!

Ill be back in 2 weeks for a month and hopefully I will score that job at the Museum of Natural Science so I be down there almost everyday for a month! Man, Houston has gotten a hell of a lot better since I left 2 years ago.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 3:42 AM

Very nice photos

Old Posted Dec 2, 2008, 4:53 PM
FYHA

Sick Shots, photolitherland. You do the city well!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2008, 4:09 AM
Dryer lint inspector

wow, those are great shots.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 2:20 AM
Endless Moments...

I took this photo today, all foggy and what not. I loved it. Disco Tower on level 6. Rise Houston Rise...

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 3:23 AM

umm I can't see the pic

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 4:32 AM
Endless Moments...

I see it. Can anyone else...

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 5:12 AM
$$Money on my Mind$$

yes I see it and I like......Where's the rest of Chase? lol

Old Posted Dec 23, 2008, 5:22 PM
Ex Houstonian

Pictures from The Woodlands, which to anyone who doesnt know is located about 25?? miles north north west of downtown Houston. The area is booming and its where The Woodlands Mall and Waterway is located. These are pics from yesterday.

Just a few years ago there was nothing but urban sprawl BS out in this area but now it starting to look like an actual city!

Heres an on site proposal for the Waterway. The tallest building is already under construction and looks to be about 20 stories tall. A few of those buildings are already completed. The whole site a guy that was working on site told me it was supposed to be mostly done by 2010.

A low rise under construction in The Woodlands Market Square. If you havent been there, go, its fascinating the amount of detail that have put into that area.

Some more development along the waterway. The white building on the left is the new Marriott Hotel.

I will be going downtown tomorrow, so some more photos will be on the way.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2008, 8:36 PM
Squint Like Clint

Great pics. The Woodlands is looking good! I really like the designs on some of those new buildings.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2008, 9:27 PM
$$Money on my Mind$$

very nice pics of The Woodlands....looks good!!!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2008, 6:45 PM
Endless Moments...

Woodlands is very nice...

Merry Christmas Houston...

Old Posted Dec 29, 2008, 7:06 PM

Trademark puts High Street development on ice

Trademark Property Co. has put a hold on the High Street mixed-use development that is already under construction on the old Central Ford dealership site on Westheimer, just inside the 610 Loop.

The Fort Worth-based developer released a statement saying the project will be in limbo for the foreseeable future due to the unstable economy and capital markets.

“Trademark and our equity partner Coventry Advisors remain fully committed to High Street but believe that in this fragile climate, opening any project in 2009 or early 2010 — particularly one with a significant retail component — is not smart business,” Trademark Founder Terry Montesi said in the statement. “Delaying by one or two seasons makes complete sense to me.”

High Street was originally scheduled to open in late fall 2009. Trademark has decided to pre-lease more of the office and retail space before construction continues on the $105 million development.

The project is slated to have 100,000 square feet of retail space, 80,000 square feet of office space and 233 apartments. The residential component will be built in partnership with Indianapolis-based Kosene & Kosene Residential.

Trademark, which also developed Market Street in The Woodlands, has been working on High Street since summer of 2005. The company has developed or acquired more than $1.3 billion worth of retail and mixed-use space since it was formed in 1991.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/s...l?ana=from_rss

Old Posted Jan 1, 2009, 5:50 AM
Ex Houstonian

Happy New Year!!!!!! May 2009 bring us many more skyscrapers!

Old Posted Jan 1, 2009, 5:12 PM

The last news for 2008 was not good - the Titan is not getting off the ground. Randall Davis can't get a loan. In just the last three months I've seen a half dozen projects put on ice, however I suspect that the demand/capacity ratio is probably better in Houston than in Dallas. Will we be hearing more stories of shortages in leasable office space in 2010?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 8:32 AM
Ex Houstonian

The Titan? Never heard of it. What is it?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2009, 12:53 AM

The "hypodermic needle". The 26-story residential tower that was supposed to be in the northern part of Uptown. Gone.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2009, 1:18 AM

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 4:44 AM
Ex Houstonian

Photo showing some of the development around Discovery Green. Im not sure about the well being of these projects but whatever, maybe someone knows the fate of these parking lots for sure.

The darker blue is going to be the Embassy Suites Hotel, the purple will be another Convention Center Hotel, the brown will be the La Quinta Inn, the green arrows are pointing to the future Houston Dynamo stadium, and the other two are Discovery Tower, and OPP.

photo from yesterday

Last edited by photoLith; Jan 6, 2009 at 5:08 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations