HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable to believe AMC may open one of their full dining locations at the very least - they're known to open urban/downtown locations, and they've just spent a ton of money reconfiguring a lot of their theaters to include full menus, full bars, and assigned seating.
Is there room for a theatre in what is left of the old New Orleans Centre? I’ve always thought a movie theatre could help activate Champions Square on non-event days. Wherever it goes, a movie theatre is a needed amenity for Warehouse District/CBD.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 2:58 PM
-

Phase 1 at Restaurant Avo is now complete! It had a fast-track, 2 month turnaround. Phase 2 is starting soon… A big shout out to Chef Nick Lama, Studio West Design & Architecture, and our PEC Team for their hard work thus far! #PEC #Construction

We’ve made a lot of progress out at the Elmwood Shopping Center. The exterior facade looks fresh for the new Boulevard American Bistro location. Shout out to Dwell Design Studio and L+A Retail for being great clients! #Construction #PEC

618 N Rampart St·VCC General Work · Ref Code:B2ZPFY
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
VCC General Work
Applicant:
Javier Barrera
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/25/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior Buildout of a sushi restaurant in an existing mix use building. no structural.

201 N Rampart St·Interior Demolition · Ref Code:RFN187
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Walter Antin
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/23/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
The property has been vacant for decades. Last recorded use was a furniture store. Demo Scope: remove all of the old furniture and household items, remove all temporary (plywood) walls from ground level and level 3 (see red walls in plan). Remove old duct work on ground level. We intend to hire a haul & trash company and will not require a site dumpster for this job. No demolition to exterior shell, framing, slabs, floors, or roof.

3503 N Rampart St, 3523 N Rampart St, 1013 Gallier St, 1035 Gallier St·Conditional Use · Project #19-1883 · Ref Code:VC58SK
Download (13) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Conditional Use
Applicant:
Cp Dlbf LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/23/2019
Closed:
No
Description:

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 26, 2019 at 3:18 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 4:13 PM
-

Punch Bowl Social

Construction of the building is to start in November

601 Poydras St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:Y4YJWJ
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Sandi Thomas
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/17/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
INTERIOR FINISH RENOVATION OF EXISTING FIRST FLOOR LOBBY SPACE AND RESTROOMS

djsnola
701 Poydras St Ste 106·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:4UUTV0
Type:
Applicant:
John Dalton
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/19/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
New interior buildout within an existing tenant space. Existing walls shall remain, and new walls will be added to create the spaces of the buildout. All as per submitted plans.

Virgin Hotel Crane going up Mid October:

550 Baronne St·Dumpster/Construction Zone · Permit #19-29881-RCZD · Ref Code:L8N0W7
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Dumpster/Construction Zone
Applicant:
Broadmoor LLC
Permit Approved
Date Filed:
9/20/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
construction zone for a crane for 4 day per sketch.

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 4:47 PM
-

The Odeon:

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 5:41 PM

Prominent New Orleans developer again clashes with Convention Center over riverfront development plans

Apparently the Convention Center wants to close some of the public streets in their development, and they haven't contacted Jaeger or Mardi Gras World about it even though they own 10 acres adjacent to the site. Gotta say, the idea of closing those streets sounds absolutely awful. I'm all for the Convention Center privatizing them if they want, because that'll keep them up better I'm sure, but it should probably come with an agreement that they stay open as part of the city's street grid. Is the article conflating "privatizing" with "closing" though? Because I never saw something saying the streets would actually be closed, so now I'm a little confused.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 6:20 PM
-

Quote:
Prominent New Orleans developer again clashes with Convention Center over riverfront development plans

Apparently the Convention Center wants to close some of the public streets in their development, and they haven't contacted Jaeger or Mardi Gras World about it even though they own 10 acres adjacent to the site. Gotta say, the idea of closing those streets sounds absolutely awful. I'm all for the Convention Center privatizing them if they want, because that'll keep them up better I'm sure, but it should probably come with an agreement that they stay open as part of the city's street grid. Is the article conflating "privatizing" with "closing" though? Because I never saw something saying the streets would actually be closed, so now I'm a little confused.
As far as i know its just privatizing... of course the paper completely conflates the two... the plans i posted say nothing of getting rid of those streets that dont currently exists but just the rights of way .. but this seems overblown

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 26, 2019 at 6:45 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 4:33 PM

Is there any more news about the Plaza Tower? Haven't seen anything in a while. Did they discover a foundation problem?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 4:39 PM
-

425 Harrison Ave Ste 1200B·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:VBLRE1
Type:
Applicant:
Ron Martinez
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/25/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior build out of Suite 1200 B of the Fifth District Lakeview Center per plans.

djsnola

425 Harrison Ave Ste 2100·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:JJT2T3
Type:
Applicant:
Ron Martinez
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/25/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior build out of Suite 2100 of the Fifth District Lakeview Center

3100 Toledano St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:GF1DEM
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Monet Williams
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Convert vacant restaurant to a standard restaurant per plans and ZD105-18.

djsnola
1450 Poydras St, Floor 22·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:81D3JT
Type:
Applicant:
Justi Jill
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
interior renovations, non structural

5600 Franklin Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:1T35KA
Type:
Applicant:
Terri Dreyer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
SCOPE OF WORK FOR FIRE STATION NO. 12, CONSISTS OF A MINOR INTERIOR RENOVATION TO AN EXISTING BUILDING LOCATED IN NEW ORLEANS, LA. THE PROJECT SCOPE IS DEFINED AS “REPAIRS” AS STATED IN THE IEBC AND NFPA. THE “REPAIRS” INCLUDE SUCH ITEMS AS WINDOW REPLACEMENT, INTERIOR REPAINTING, MINOR ROOF REPAIRS, AND INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR LIGHTING REPLACEMENT.

djsnola
987 Robert E Lee Blvd·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:A14SUX
Type:
Applicant:
Terri Dreyer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
SCOPE OF WORK FOR FIRE STATION NO. 13, CONSISTS OF A MINOR INTERIOR RENOVATION TO AN EXISTING BUILDING LOCATED IN NEW ORLEANS, LA. THE PROJECT SCOPE IS DEFINED AS “REPAIRS” AS STATED IN THE IEBC AND NFPA. THE “REPAIRS” INCLUDE SUCH ITEMS AS WINDOW REPLACEMENT, INTERIOR REPAINTING, MINOR ROOF REPAIRS, AND INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR LIGHTING REPLACEMENT.

2118 Elysian Fields Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:SEHLF2
Type:
Applicant:
Terri Dreyer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
SCOPE OF WORK FOR FIRE STATION NO. 27, CONSISTS OF A MINOR INTERIOR RENOVATION TO AN EXISTING BUILDING LOCATED IN NEW ORLEANS, LA. THE PROJECT SCOPE IS DEFINED AS “REPAIRS” AS STATED IN THE IEBC AND NFPA. THE “REPAIRS” INCLUDE SUCH ITEMS AS WINDOW REPLACEMENT, INTERIOR REPAINTING, MINOR ROOF REPAIRS, AND INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR LIGHTING REPLACEMENT.

706 Bourbon St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:F3YHEX
Type:
Applicant:
Erika Gates
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Finish interior for bar build out. Plans attached. Bathroom addition under separate permit.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 4:41 PM
-

Old VA Hospital Master Plan:

Duncan Plaza Master Plan:

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 4:49 PM

Can you share the link for those DDD slides? (I promised I googled before!) I would like to see them larger.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 5:05 PM

Pretty excited about the redevelopments of Duncan Plaza and the old VA. Both could be amazing urban park spaces, and Duncan Plaza for sure has a ton of untapped potential. Also glad to see we're being much more proactive with water management in our new developments. We've got to tackle that from more angles than just making sure sewers and pumps work.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 5:43 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
Can you share the link for those DDD slides? (I promised I googled before!) I would like to see them larger.
NOOO! lol

Ill search for the link and post.. its a pretty good update presentation they gave .. and you def wouldnt have found this through Google!

Here you go!

https://cityofno.granicus.com/MetaVi...meta_id=460360

Also here are two great presentations on the issue of exempt properties in NOLA and how much of a problem it is.. its insane that the city estimates that almost 40 percent of the real estate in this city is tax exempt.. thats simply unfair to the rest of us that shoulder the burden... state needs to amend constitution to rectify this.. local communities across the state are getting shafted and the burden falls on the rest of us..absolutely affects cost of living and competitiveness

Heres a link to presentation from BGR:

https://cityofno.granicus.com/MetaVi...meta_id=461734

And Another Summary from the CAO about the citys options to deal with this

https://cityofno.granicus.com/MetaVi...meta_id=461743

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 5:55 PM
-

Quote:
Pretty excited about the redevelopments of Duncan Plaza and the old VA. Both could be amazing urban park spaces, and Duncan Plaza for sure has a ton of untapped potential. Also glad to see we're being much more proactive with water management in our new developments. We've got to tackle that from more angles than just making sure sewers and pumps work.
Theres quite a few things in the works as well that will help reduce the strain on pumps and sewers too:

13800 Old Gentilly Rd·Design Review · Project #DR174-19 · Ref Code:N6FQ04
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Depcom Power
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Solar panel field

2123 Poydras St·Demolition · Ref Code:13WV64
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
CORE Construction
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/26/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
We are removing an existing 50,000 SF concrete/asphalt parking lot and a single story light industrial building approximately 1,472 SF…then we are building a 10-Story Multi-family Housing Unit for LSU Medical Students.

djsnola
1555 Poydras St, Demo 20th & 21st Flrs·Interior Demolition · Permit #19-29981-DEMI · Ref Code:57QQSQ
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Michelle Fristoe
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
9/27/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior demolition of 20th & 21st floors of office building

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 27, 2019 at 8:15 PM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 5:05 AM

Both of the plans for the VA site and Duncan Plaza look fantastic. I know there is a long way to go between a plan on paper and reality, but it would be great to see this happen.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 12:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Both of the plans for the VA site and Duncan Plaza look fantastic. I know there is a long way to go between a plan on paper and reality, but it would be great to see this happen.
The good news is the city owns all the land already and the main cost is demo so the plan is cheaper than it looks i guess a could be phased of course.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 12:56 PM

Cast for beauty and function, Canal Street building finds a new life as a boutique hotel

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...23ab5f6cd.html

Canal Street usually isn’t a place to stop and savor the sights. But if you take a moment, some architectural gems stand out.
One of those brilliant examples is at 622 Canal St. Sandwiched between the post-modern ‘80s-style JW Marriott hotel and a 19th-century building, 622 Canal St. catches the eye with its sinuous columns and bull’s-eye windows. It soon will be repurposed as a new boutique hotel.

The building is also notable as one of the city’s best surviving examples of a cast-iron façade on a commercial building. (The other is on the north side of Exchange Alley, between Canal and Iberville streets.)

Cast-iron architecture was a popular type of building design in the mid-1800s because it was an inexpensive way to reproduce ornate facades inspired by other buildings, elements in nature or commerce. Cast-iron molds could be reused and as such could be reproduced easily, then shipped and assembled quickly on a construction site.

The Merchants' Mutual Insurance Co., founded in 1832, purchased the location at 622 Canal St. in 1853. The company kept the existing building, which previously housed the Merchants and Traders Bank of New Orleans, but added the cast-iron façade in 1859.
According to New Orleans Architecture Vol. II, the American Sector, The Picayune in 1859 wrote that “the cast-iron front of the three and one-half story Merchants' Mutual Insurance Building was made by Bennett & Lurges local foundry. The builder was C. Crozier Esq. and the architect young W.A. Freret.”

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 2:46 PM
-

Project Number 40,986
Project Holiday Inn Highrise East
6324 Chef Menteur Highway
New Orleans, LA 70126
Part 1:
Received:

Part 2:
Received:
Fee(1) Received:
Fee(2) Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee(1) Received:
Fee(2) Received:

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 28, 2019 at 3:11 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:26 PM
-

1200 Poydras St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:F7DARA
Type:
Applicant:
Lanco Construction Inc.
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/24/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Interior build out of an indoor amusement facility - hatchet throwing

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Agree on Duncan Plaza. The VA site, some things make some sense (making a defined entry area to the Charity Hospital redevelopment--although I'm not sure if a great lawn is the way to go) but other stuff needs to be fleshed out a bit more ("shopping village"--but not fronting a major street?) or doesn't really seem to make much sense (does this involve tearing down one of the Delgado Nursing buildings? Does the VA Hospital building make sense as a residential redo?). Overall, I'd caution against creating a bunch of unprogrammed green space in downtown (which is what the Duncan Plaza redo seeks to address).

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polemic View Post
Agree on Duncan Plaza. The VA site, some things make some sense (making a defined entry area to the Charity Hospital redevelopment--although I'm not sure if a great lawn is the way to go) but other stuff needs to be fleshed out a bit more ("shopping village"--but not fronting a major street?) or doesn't really seem to make much sense (does this involve tearing down one of the Delgado Nursing buildings? Does the VA Hospital building make sense as a residential redo?). Overall, I'd caution against creating a bunch of unprogrammed green space in downtown (which is what the Duncan Plaza redo seeks to address).
Agreed. Why don’t any of these City/State redevelopments ever involve carving up the parcels and auctioning them to developers? It might not become the development the agency wants, but it’ll become the development the market wants. And it spreads the risk so that some things are bound to come to commerce more quickly than the endless RFP’s.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations