HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 11:05 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Hidden in the site plan from the SAEN article:

It says "Encore Multifamily" north of Carson. Is anyone familiar with what the plan is with that? I assume they're the ones who took the other SAISD parcels that were sold. Looking at their website, they kinda do it all from bland low rise apartments to sexy Miami condos.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
It says "Encore Multifamily" north of Carson. Is anyone familiar with what the plan is with that? I assume they're the ones who took the other SAISD parcels that were sold. Looking at their website, they kinda do it all from bland low rise apartments to sexy Miami condos.
This map shows Graystreet owning almost all the land between Carson and Grayson. They must consider it a separate development to Broadway East. I've never heard it mentioned.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 1:48 PM
TEXAS BORN AND RAISED

It all looks fantastic in the renderings and concept. I hope it happens and is successful but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
That’s an odd reaction directed at a group that haven’t done anything to question their validity.
Well, this group owns a lot of great property and their ability to not develop almost any of it is second to none. Yes, they kind of did Grant/Kress but what ever happened to that building? Is there still going to be a food hall? Is WeWork still planning on leasing space?

The Light building is going amazingly slow. I'm almost positive the Thompson project started after that one and is now pretty much complete while the Light is maybe 50% there?

The group talks a great game, puts out fancy renderings...but that's all I really see. I'll gladly eat crow when their vision becomes reality. I think they have some great looking ideas but I haven't seen anything of note come together.

Maybe partnering with this other developer will help push along their plans.

Maybe I'm blind and know nothing, I dunno.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Well, this group owns a lot of great property and their ability to not develop almost any of it is second to none. Yes, they kind of did Grant/Kress but what ever happened to that building? Is there still going to be a food hall? Is WeWork still planning on leasing space?

The Light building is going amazingly slow. I'm almost positive the Thompson project started after that one and is now pretty much complete while the Light is maybe 50% there?

The group talks a great game, puts out fancy renderings...but that's all I really see. I'll gladly eat crow when their vision becomes reality. I think they have some great looking ideas but I haven't seen anything of note come together.

Maybe partnering with this other developer will help push along their plans.

Maybe I'm blind and know nothing, I dunno.
I feel you. They do take a long time and I can see how uncertain it all is based on the evidence. But I'm a positive person, so I just hope for the best with this one. It will probably look good when I'm 40.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:45 AM

From yesterday. I really hope 1603 Broadway gets built. Would look so good from here.

dtsa 01 by alexdskates210, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 2:18 PM
Paradise

Looks like this might be the Encore multi family?

https://encore.bz/encore-lower-broadway-san-antonio-tx/

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 12:22 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTrance View Post
Looks like this might be the Encore multi family?

https://encore.bz/encore-lower-broadway-san-antonio-tx/
Yeah that's it for sure. Pretty dull compared to what's going in next door.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 4:36 AM
Voice of the Modern World

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOGalexd View Post
From yesterday. I really hope 1603 Broadway gets built. Would look so good from here.

dtsa 01 by alexdskates210, on Flickr
Gorgeous picture

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio