HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 11:21 AM

What are they planning to use that space for?

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
What are they planning to use that space for?
not 100% sure but, someone mentioned to me parking

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxRetales View Post
Maritime Centre pushing all the tenants from the basement floor,
Nick's closed in the fall, Fancy Nails moved to South Park, Dustjacket is moving over to the Brewery Market. The rest will be leaving too

part of the Maritime Centre renovation will have a new food court a level up and I have heard (rumour) they have already signed McDs
Any word on Niche?

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanc View Post
Any word on Niche?
Last I asked they thought they would be moving within the complex

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Last I asked they thought they would be moving within the complex
A friend of mine does work for them and he says the are moving to the back beyond the elevators on the main level. There use to be a restuarent in there years ago.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliguy View Post
A friend of mine does work for them and he says the are moving to the back beyond the elevators on the main level. There use to be a restuarent in there years ago.
Suisha Gardens! Maybe Halifax's first Japanese restaurant? It actually was a decent place. Fun to go there with a group.

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 7:04 AM

Quote:
not 100% sure but, someone mentioned to me parking
Yes. Parking. And the Salter St entrance will be converted to a garage entrance for cars. It’s a good thing. That was always one of the most depressing retails spaces. Especially the food court.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 6:06 AM

Miniso Expands into Atlantic Canada: According to Halifax ReTales, value-priced Chinese variety retailer Miniso, which positions itself as a ‘Japanese lifestyle brand,’ is opening stores in Canada at a faster rate than was originally anticipated as it expands into new markets.

Next month, Miniso will expand into Atlantic Canada for the first time when on September 8, it opens at Spring Garden Place in Halifax. The first three customers will receive a "special gift" and the first 100 customers will receive a free gift, according to Miniso.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...-august-9-2018

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 2:13 PM
life in the present

Structube opening in Halifax. We have one here in Vancouver, I'm sure it will be well received there.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...lifax-location

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2source View Post
Structube opening in Halifax. We have one here in Vancouver, I'm sure it will be well received there.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...lifax-location
already been one in Dartmouth for a few years and the Halifax is already open (grand opening this weekend)

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Miniso Expands into Atlantic Canada: According to Halifax ReTales, value-priced Chinese variety retailer Miniso, which positions itself as a ‘Japanese lifestyle brand,’ is opening stores in Canada at a faster rate than was originally anticipated as it expands into new markets.

Next month, Miniso will expand into Atlantic Canada for the first time when on September 8, it opens at Spring Garden Place in Halifax. The first three customers will receive a "special gift" and the first 100 customers will receive a free gift, according to Miniso.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...-august-9-2018
Hey I know that guy

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 5:24 AM

yah

I love miniso, go there more than I should admit.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 28, 2018

Bass Pro Shops invites community to join grand opening celebration of new Halifax, Nova Scotia location on Wednesday, September 26

Evening for Conservation includes ribbon cutting, celebrity appearances, giveaways and doors opening to public with proceeds supporting conservation

WHAT: Evening for Conservation celebration and ribbon-cutting ceremony at the new Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Halifax, Nova Scotia

WHO: Officials scheduled to attend include:

§ Local city and county officials

§ Special celebrity guests

WHERE: Bass Pro Shops Outpost

50 Cabela Road

Dartmouth, NS

WHEN: Wednesday, September 26, 6 p.m.

HALIFAX, N. S. – Bass Pro is inviting outdoor enthusiasts, community members and local leaders to join a special grand opening celebration of its new Outpost in Halifax, Nova Scotia on Wednesday, September 26, at 6 p.m. The gathering will feature an all-star cast of celebrities from the worlds of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors joining together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate an Evening for Conservation.

Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs September 26 from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. include:

· Wendel Clark, former captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and on the Top 50 All-time Leafs list

· Jimmy Houston, America’s favorite fisherman, host of Jimmy Houston Outdoors television show

TJ Ott, as seen on Wicked Tuna television show
Eva Shockey, co-host of Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures on Outdoor Channel
Taylor Wright, host of The Canadian Tradition hunting television show
For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to Canadian Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited Canada, Nova Scotia Federation of Anglers and Hunters and Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium.

Grand opening festivities continue through Sunday, September 30 with vendor exhibits, giveaways, an outdoor kids zone and storewide savings on an assortment of products. All events are free and open to the public. Bass Pro outdoor experts and representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on-hand to answer customer questions. Grand opening giveaways include:

Thursday, September 27 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin
Friday, September 28 – First 200 customers will receive a Columbia cap
Saturday, September 29 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops or Cabela’s duck call
Sunday, September 30 – First 200 customers will receive a logo cup
The new Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Halifax offers the area’s largest assortment of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping and boating, including popular brands from Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s and TRACKER Boats. Shoppers will also find equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more as well as outdoor apparel and footwear for men, women and children. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.

On a mission to inspire everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors, Bass Pro Shops offers free outdoor skills workshops throughout the year with hands-on learning opportunities covering outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and much more.

The Halifax location joins 15 other Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s locations across Canada including those in Alberta (Calgary, two locations in Edmonton, Rocky View); British Columbia (Abbotsford, Nanaimo, Tsawwassen); Manitoba (Winnipeg); New Brunswick (Moncton); Ontario (Barrie, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ottawa and Vaughan); and Saskatchewan (Regina, Saskatoon).

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 9:19 PM

U.K. Brand Oasis Fashion Expands into Canada with 1st Store

September 09, 2018

By Megan Harman

British women’s fashion brand Oasis Fashion is breaking into the Canadian market, with the first location set to open in Halifax this month.

Launched in 1991 in the U.K., Oasis specializes in trendy, colourful clothing geared towards women between the ages of 18 and 50, with a focus on consumers in their late 20s.

“Oasis Fashion always has colourful, bright and happy clothing. It stands out for its prints and colours,” says Matthildur Baldursdottir, owner of the Oasis Fashion franchise in Canada. “The store will have everything you need, if you are going out dancing, going to a business meeting, just casual or if you want some accessories, shoes, bags or jewellery, we will have everything.”

Oasis Fashion operates nearly 400 locations around the world, including both standalone stores and concessions within department stores. After having developed a strong presence in regions such as Europe, the Middle East and South America, the brand is now turning its attention to North America.

With international fashion brands such as H&M, Zara and Massimo Dutti having had success in Canada, Baldursdottir says Oasis Fashion saw an opportunity to expand into the Canadian market, in particular.

Halifax was a perfect location for the chain’s first Canadian store, he said, given the city’s young population—thanks to five major universities in close proximity—and the rapid growth and development currently underway in the city.

The Halifax store's grand opening is on September 15.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...ds-into-canada

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:12 PM

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:25 PM
life in the present

Wow the Doyle retail looks fantastic! Let's hope shoppers continue to support SGR retailers! Very surprised Oasis chose Halifax and SGR as their entry to Canada, wish them well.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:34 PM

I'd be happy to trade back the ornate art-deco stylings and decorative Italian marble of the Maritime Life building's lobby for the Doyle's suburban-mall aesthetic, but hey, that's just me.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:37 PM

I really have no problem with the Doyle. Brings a nice clean look to Spring Garden road, and nice to see the tennants already filling in on ground floor when it's not even finished construction.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanc View Post
I really have no problem with the Doyle. Brings a nice clean look to Spring Garden road, and nice to see the tennants already filling in on ground floor when it's not even finished construction.
I agree, I like it

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 4:46 PM
Halifax Promoter!

It looks amazing, truly nice to see so much ground floor retail!!! Now, I wonder, if the old Mills property will get a new development???

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General