HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 9:32 AM

It's difficult to tell how tall the new tower is (how tall the floors are), because from some angles it looks nearly as tall as the other buildings, and other angles it looks a few stories shorter. You can see this in Native Camel's pictures earlier in the thread, and it's even more noticeable in-person, if you are at the corner of Miller and Cloverdale, vs. at the top of Cloverdale by the newer apartments. I'm not sure what to attribute it to.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 6:18 PM

Quote:
The developers of the Lofts at Whitaker Park recognize they've entered a competitive Winston-Salem apartment marketplace mushrooming with thousands of new and historic units, particularly downtown.

Yet, Frye Properties of Norfolk, Virginia, is confident in the attraction of its mixture of 163 flats, lofts and penthouses — some set to debut on June 1 and the rest in August — on the 951 Reynolda Blvd. campus.
https://journalnow.com/news/local/bu...home-top-story

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 4:29 PM

Quote:
The on-again, off-again economic development project at Forsyth County’s undeveloped Tanglewood Business Park is back.

During the county commission’s Thursday meeting, commissioners unanimously approved a resolution seeking $1.5 million in grant funds from the Golden LEAF Foundation that would be used to design, engineer, clear and grade the business park, which is located in southwestern Forsyth County, south of Tanglewood Recreational Park, 2 miles from I-40.

The county owns the property, which is just outside the municipal limits of the Village of Clemmons. Greater Winston-Salem Inc., the county’s chamber of commerce, is marketing the site.
https://journalnow.com/news/local/bu...home-top-story

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 4:09 AM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen. I don't make any money from this and these updates are to share, with both locals and out-of-towners, what is happening in the city they love. Many people reading this are far-away and this allows them to see the projects. If you can, please support any local businesses or follow social pages sharing photographs and thank them.

Better late than never! And wow, this is one of the best updates we've had in a while. My search for updates on projects we haven't seen in a while led to many construction photographs! Thank you, again, to the photographers in this week's update!

Lauren said she would provide a song, but never did... so I picked this week's song:
Video Link

4th and Green Apartments & Retail:
The Fourth Street retail space for this building is 5,313-square-feet.

A few weeks old, but new-to-us, since photographs of this project are so difficult to find:

Credit: 4th & Green

East Tower:
This $450 million project topped-out on March 5, 2024. It is still two years away from completion, but the emergency department will open before the building is fully completed, around June 2025. Though this is the tallest building under construction in the Triad, at around 9-10 floors to the top of the helipad with high floor-to-ceiling heights, it is rare to find any photographs of it. Since this was a party, we do have a few photographs from the event for this week's update.

Credit: AtriumHealthWakeForestBaptist

Credit: Jacob Delargy

Credit: Jacob Delargy

Whitaker Park Mixed-use Project:
In conflicting news articles, the hotel returns... maybe? Now the developer is saying they may consider a hotel, but they don't build hotels and would prefer to build more apartments. They will make a decision on the hotel when they finish the neighboring adaptive-reuse project.

Liberty Plaza Renovation:
Interior work is starting on this project to renovate an outdated office building into a more contemporary office building.

Renovating the lobby:

Credit: omniverus

Kernersville Medical Center Expansion:
It appears as if this project will be officially completed on March 18, 2024?

Video Link

Lofts @ Whitaker Park:
If you're interested... Pre-leasing starts March 15, 2024. From what I've read, the first tenants move-in around June 1, 2024. Two of the seven penthouses will be available in June. Interestingly, they haven't started pre-leasing and they already have 60 people on the wait list!

Video Link

Hoots Live Music Venue:
Hoots Beer Co., will soon start on a major renovation of their space that will create a new 200-person capacity live music venue and a bar that will serve cocktails, wine, and beer from other breweries. This renovation is so big, it will completely change their business model. Completion is set for September 2024.

Metropolitan Mixed-use:
Phase II should be completed this month. Phase III will be completed later this Summer.

Credit: libertyatlanticgroup

New Tenants/Leases:
Top Tier Fitness will construct a new 5,000-square-foot building at 990 South Broad Street. Is this the end of their Liberty Street location?

Chatham Building Apartments, Hotel, & Retail:
This project was scheduled for "completion" in December 2023 and, from the outside, doesn't appear to have changed in a long time? If you have an update on this project, please contact me and let me know the latest. You can be anonymous through the forum's messenger. You can also contact me through social media.

Credit: geminivisualphotography

WoodSpring Suites Extended Stay Hotel:
Our first photograph of this project since maybe last spring? It's nearing completion.

3/7/2024:

Credit: Vannoy Construction

Brouwerij DuBois:
Craft beer brewery Brouwerij DuBois is preparing to start on the second phase of their project. I'm not sure if we will follow the construction on this phase, since the brewery's taproom is already open and we couldn't find many photographs of that phase.

Novant Health Critical Care Center:

Another rare find for this week's update: (3/7/2024)

Deacon Boulevard Redevelopment Site:
Work on this project could start as-early-as December 2024.

Cloverdale Surgery Center:
Steel is now rising at this site.

Credit: Dave Atkins

Credit: Alexander Irvin

Truist Stadium Upgrades:

Alternative Transportation:

AeroX Innovation Hub:
Drone Express has already opened their Winston-Salem office and said "Our team was feeling inspired in Winston-Salem, NC. As we launch operations in this vibrant city."

Credit: flydroneexpress1

Off-Subject:

Video Link

Your City

Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 3:52 PM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen. I don't make any money from this and these updates are to share, with both locals and out-of-towners, what is happening in the city they love. Many people reading this are far-away and this allows them to see the projects. If you can, please support any local businesses or follow social pages sharing photographs and thank them.

Another big update for this week and I found an update on the airport and Loewy Building!

Video Link

East Tower:

Credit: flblum

In this photograph, you can see the first three floors of the ten-storey structure:

This is an older view of the lobby:

Credit: ManganaroBuildingGroup

Horizons Park Renovations:
Trails for pedestrians and horses will be constructed at Horizons Park. An area for horse trailers will also be constructed as part of this project.

4th and Green Apartments & Retail:

Construction project with tower crane, on the right:

Credit: thegotowinstonsalem

Credit: Jeff Bull

Brendle Recital Hall: Built!
This project is now completed. The architect said, "Meticulously fine-tuned acoustics deliver an immersive auditory experience for all attendees, complemented by a cutting-edge dimming control system allowing personalized illumination tailored to each event's unique ambiance."

Credit: lambert_architecture

Credit: lambert_architecture

Crystal Towers Renovation:
winstonwatchman said, "One of Crystal Towers’ two elevators is scheduled to be inspected on March 19. HAWS anticipates the new elevator will be in service the next day (March 20th). Then 10-12 weeks to replace the other elevator car."

Credit: winstonwatchman

Loewy Building Apartments & Retail:
The effort to sell the Art Deco building to developer High Tide Capital is delayed, due to negotiating the complex deal. High Tide Capital completed their due diligence and found a potential brownfield issue that will lead to the price being reduced by $150,000 to $3.1 million. The closing is expected to happen July 31, 2024, but could be delayed until September 29, 2024. It's possible HAWS could be in the property until the end of the summer and they could request the later closing?

Kernersville Medical Center Expansion: Built!
This project is now completed. We sadly didn't have many photographs of the work, but we do have completion photographs!

Credit: Novant Health

NASCAR All-Star Race:
It would be great to see an update on the renovations made before this year's All-Star race. Of course the biggest change is repaving the track for the first time since 1981.

Video Link

Vacant Buildings in the City of Thomasville:

Video Link

The Byrum Apartments:
ejdesigns said: "The Byrum is equal parts Yorkshire-inspired heritage and tasteful modern amenities. The name itself has habitational roots set in the English county of York, but The Byrum’s decorative charm and timeless elegance ensure a warm and inviting environment in any era. Influences of the brand is based off of historical plaques and European influence of typographic treatments in the past. But the main brand elements and lettering is a callback to a speakeasy noire style that was present in the early 1900’s giving the identity a relaxing and approachable aesthetic."

Sadly, the source for these images also didn't have any information on when it could start:

Credit: ejdesigns

Credit: ejdesigns

The Balladeer Hotel:
The 70-key Marriott Tribute Portfolio hotel, planned for the former Spencer's Mill, now has a name. It's now called The Balladeer. This adaptive-reuse project is named for the region's history in bluegrass and Americana music. A fun addition to this hotel is a music studio, allowing guests to record their own music! Rowhouse Architects is the architect and Christman Construction is the new General Contractor for this project.

Credit: TBJ

Salem Bottling Works:

Credit: Joe Mills

Philo-Hill Expansion:

This is a significant renovation and expansion:

Credit: Homes

Liberty Plaza Renovation:

Interior Demolition:

Credit: Combat Junk

Ziehl-Abegg North American Headquarters:
The exterior is completed. Each wall panel weighs over 145,000 lbs.,. Workers are now constructing the interior and are currently working on the second-floor office space. Completion of this 522,500-square-foot building is scheduled for Summer 2024.

Credit: frontstreetcapital

Smith Reynolds Airport Restoration:
When work is completed, people will be able to visit and watch the airplanes take-off and land, with food trucks on site for those visitors. Watching airplanes at the airport was very popular when this airport first opened. It was popular nationally, during those early days of passenger airplane travel. It's great to see this return! This airport was originally built to become the hub for Eastern Airlines' service in North Carolina and South Carolina, but World War II changed things. It was, by far, the largest and nicest airport in the Carolinas back then. Today, it's known more for the old Winston-Salem-based Piedmont Airlines. Piedmont Airlines made this the busiest airport in the Carolinas until the 1970s.

Restoring the original 1941 brick appearance:

Credit: Forsyth County

Credit: piedmont-disposal

Workers are also demolishing several expansions from the 1960s and 1970s:

Credit: Forsyth County

Off-Subject:

2023 Census Estimates:
Did you know: The Winston-Salem MSA is the nation's 54th fastest growing metro area by 2023 annual numeric growth. Winston-Salem's MSA also moved-up three places to 86th largest. Around half of the MSA's growth was in Forsyth County (small county Winston-Salem is located in).

Prescribed burns to prevent mountain forest fires, with Winston-Salem's LJVM Sports Complex and Whitaker Park in the foreground:

Credit: Samantha Nichols

Your City

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 8:34 AM

I have an update on two Ardmore-adjacent projects. Heavy equipment has been placed and some fencing has been removed at the future tax credit apartment project on the corner of Peters Creek and Academy (the former motel site). Construction appears to be imminent. Additionally, construction has started on the first townhouses at Silas Creek and Ebert. Framing appears to be complete on 3-4 units, and the roof is shingled.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSBornNBred View Post
I have an update on two Ardmore-adjacent projects. Heavy equipment has been placed and some fencing has been removed at the future tax credit apartment project on the corner of Peters Creek and Academy (the former motel site). Construction appears to be imminent. Additionally, construction has started on the first townhouses at Silas Creek and Ebert. Framing appears to be complete on 3-4 units, and the roof is shingled.
I’m so glad the Academy Street project is finally
underway. The City really needs to do something to address the bleak corridor that is Peters Creek Parkway from Silas Creek to the Salem Parkway.

Last edited by DCMetroRaleigh; Mar 20, 2024 at 3:27 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMetroRaleigh View Post
I’m so glad the Academy Street project is finally
underway. The City really needs to do something to address the bleak corridor that is Peters Creek Parkway from Silas Creek to the Salem Parkway.
Yeah, I wonder what can be done. I was working in Greensboro when they did that to Gate City (Lee St) from 40 to the coliseum. No matter how nice the trees, medians, and sidewalks are it's still the same tired businesses.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Winston-Salem will use a $35 million state grant to build streets, greenways and other improvements in an area centered on Deacon Boulevard, with the goal of creating what’s being called Midtown, described as a “vibrant, mixed-use development” near Joel Coliseum, the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds and Allegacy Stadium.

The city is partnering on the proposed construction with Wake Forest University, which has engaged a team composed of developers Carter of Atlanta and Front Street Capital of Winston-Salem to carry out the planning and development of Midtown.
https://journalnow.com/news/local/mi...ce=mp-homepage

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 10:41 PM

Just a reminder that when the eastern beltway (I 74) is completed, the southern end will join existing I 74 near Union Cross at Ridgewood Road or route clearing indicates just to the east of Ridgewood Road. It is very important not to lose Interstate designation and signage for the orphan segment between where the beltway will join existing I 74 and I 40. It is already signed I 74 so when I 74 joins with existing I 74 about 4 miles east all that is required is to erect a new 3-digit even Interstate sign. I recommend I 874 though it could be I 674 or I 474 as well. Most people realize how vitally important it is to retain Interstate highway designation AND SIGNAGE. Numerous precedents exist nationwide.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadkin View Post
Just a reminder that when the eastern beltway (I 74) is completed, the southern end will join existing I 74 near Union Cross at Ridgewood Road or route clearing indicates just to the east of Ridgewood Road. It is very important not to lose Interstate designation and signage for the orphan segment between where the beltway will join existing I 74 and I 40. It is already signed I 74 so when I 74 joins with existing I 74 about 4 miles east all that is required is to erect a new 3-digit even Interstate sign. I recommend I 874 though it could be I 674 or I 474 as well. Most people realize how vitally important it is to retain Interstate highway designation AND SIGNAGE. Numerous precedents exist nationwide.
I think that short section of I-74 will become NC 74. It looks like Ridgewood Road will be its only exit between I-74 and I-40.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 3:32 PM

That is unfortunate. One wonders why NC is anti-Interstate designation in W-S. Hopefully, this will be reconsidered because it is very important!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 4:26 PM

Quote:
That is unfortunate. One wonders why NC is anti-Interstate designation in W-S. Hopefully, this will be reconsidered because it is very important!
That stretch of road can't be no more than two miles.

Last edited by LynnAikens; Mar 22, 2024 at 4:45 PM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 5:19 PM

Quote:
If they did give that short stretch of road an interstate name, wouldn't the first number have to be an odd number since it does not connect back to I-74? Even first numbers on three digit badges, in the interstate system, have to connect back to the two digit original highways. Its kind of like a bypass. This is why I don't understand how they named I-285 that ends in Winston-Salem at I-40. They should have either added I-285 badges on I-40 East until it intersects to I-85, or named I-285, I-185 instead.

Last edited by LynnAikens; Mar 22, 2024 at 5:29 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 4:38 AM
Fourth and Main

That stretch of I-74 isn't up to Interstate Standards. The shoulders aren't ten feet/three metres in width. It was signed as Interstate 74 with an agreement that NCDOT would upgrade the shoulders at some point in the future. It will likely revert to US 311. If it did become a three-digit Interstate, it would start with an even number, since it starts at I-74 and would end at I-40. Most likely I-474 or I-674 (if an airport connector is built to I-73 and uses I-74 as the start point instead of I-73)? If it didn't end at another Interstate, it would have an odd first number. If both ends are at Interstates (doesn't have to be the same Interstate on both ends), it would have an even number. I-285 is between I-40 and I-85. When it's extended, it will end at I-74 on the northern end of the city, so it will remain I-285.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 6:53 PM

As Matthew indicates, 3-digit beginning odd are spurs into cities and are normally quite short though there are numerous exceptions (NCDOT seems to follow generally this AASHTO scheme except in Winston Salem most notably with I 74 as a partial beltway and I 285 eventually through the city’s downtown as well as I 277 in Charlotte). So, 3-digit beginning even are beltways around cities or are connectors that connect two Interstate highways where the two numbers following the first even digit can be from either of the two Interstates being connected.

The length of the orphaned bit of I 74 is roughly 3 miles but could be slightly more. Length in designating a 3-digit is not a factor and there are numerous precedents nationwide. There are 109 3-digit Interstate Highways under 10 miles in length but 67 of these 109 are 3-digit beginning odd or spurs into cities and so we can discount these. That leaves 42 3-digit Interstate Highways under 10 miles with beginning digit even ostensibly beltway, by passes, or connecting two Interstate Highways.

Since this orphaned segment of I 74 will be about 3-4 miles, we note that 21 of the 42 3-digit first number even Interstate Highways are five miles or less, which I believe is significant and indicates the nationwide “official” perception of the importance of Interstate designation and signage. So, it seems to me that my suggestion remains valid and warranted as well as necessary for Winston-Salem’s image nationwide. I do hope local officials with authority do not discount this importance. Never mind that the shoulders were/still are slightly off – a deal is a deal and so the I 74 signs for the orphaned bit can be switched to I 874, I 674, or I 474 as part of the deal until NCDOT ponies-up the equivalent of coffee-money to fix this “egregious” situation.

These 21 3-digit first number even Interstate Highways of five miles or less are below listed.

I 405 – 3.5 miles – Portland, Oregon
I 210 – 5 miles – Mobile, Alabama
I 610 – 4.5 miles – Metairie/New Orleans
I 420 – 5.5 miles – College Park, Maryland
I 425 – 5.5 miles – Welby, Colorado
I 235 – 5.5 miles - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I 444 – 2.5 miles – Tulsa, Oklahoma
I 464 – 5 miles – Chesapeake, Virginia
I 865 – 5 miles – Indianapolis, Indiana
I 270 – 5.5 miles – Welby, Colorado
I 670 – 3 miles – Kansas City, Kansas
I 876 – 2 miles – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
*** I 277 – 4.5 miles – Charlotte, North Carolina (should not be first digit even; does not connect two Interstate Highways)
1 277 – 4 miles – Akron, Ohio
I 479 – 1.5 miles – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
*** I 238 (infamous) – 2 miles – Hayward, California (listed here for information only because it is the most mysterious of designations. The designation was “mistakenly” assigned in the early days of Interstate Highways and California refuses to relinquish the designation (importance of Interstate signage). It is really California 238 and there is actually no Interstate 38 in the area or anywhere.
I 480 – 5 miles – Omaha, Nebraska
I 283 – 3 miles – Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I 490 – 2.5 miles – Cleveland, Ohio
I 894 – 5 miles – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I 495 – 4 miles – Portland, Maine
I 695 – 2 miles - Bronx, New York

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 4:42 AM

Huh? 277 connects 77 to 77. Like 269 in Fort Wayne or 295 in Fayetteville when complete. 229 in St. Joseph....etc. It doesn't have to be two DIFFERENT interstates. Literally a ton of examples. 420 in College Park GA doesn't exist, as much as I would like it to. 210, 425

Last edited by Supernaut; Mar 24, 2024 at 10:28 AM.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 4:29 PM

“ It doesn't have to be two DIFFERENT interstates” Of course, you are correct - a momentary lapse on my part, which I reckon was because of my eagerness to highlight the importance of signing this to be orphaned section of I 74 (will be I 74 to I 40).

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 5:58 PM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:

Musical instruments in a downtown park, a possible major-league-level sports event considering returning to Winston-Salem for the first time in decades, a look inside at the Smith Reynolds Airport restoration project, and several other great construction updates... Get excited about this week's update! Yes, late again.

I didn't ask Lauren for a song this week, so I get to pick... how about something new from 2024?
Video Link

Bailey Power Plant Tenants:
We have new renderings from architect Design with Friend of The Dutch Light, showing planned exterior work on the second floor of Bailey South. NexGen Builders will be the general contractor for this project.

Credit: designwithfriend

Hanes Park Sports Facilities:

An update on the football stadium:

790 East 21st Street Residences:
What do you do with an outdated industrial building? Convert it to residential, of course! This 75,378-square-foot warehouse was purchased by a Las Vegas-based developer for $1.8 million and, according to the City, will be converted to residential. Not many details at this time. This is a surprise, since the developer previously told news outlets the building would be updated and remain industrial.

1782 George Stockburger House Restoration:
We have an update on the restoration of this 242 year old house!

Restored windows:

Credit: stockburgerfarmhouse

Bathroom work:

Bathroom work:

Liberty Park: Built!
Yes, this project is completed and had a completion post several weeks ago, but we never had good photographs of the completed downtown Winston-Salem park. The park has musical instruments, we have never seen before, which is interesting.

These sculptures are musical instruments:

The people in the neighboring apartments/condominiums and hotels may not like me telling everyone they can "rock-out" in this park next to their buildings?

These sculptures are musical instruments:

1913 Lord & Burnham Conservatory Restoration:

Credit: Anna B. Gallimore

Winston Lake Park Renovations:
Winston Lake Golf Course is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This 1956 golf course was built for African-American golfers in Winston-Salem and is the oldest golf course built for African-American golfers in the state. It was expanded in 1964. It is currently under renovation/restoration.

NASCAR Buys Bowman Gray Series Event:
NASCAR has purchased the Bowman Gray Racing Series at Winston-Salem's Bowman Gray Stadium. This has Dale Jr., asking if the NASCAR All-Star Race or another big Cup Series event may return to Winston-Salem at this legendary track. The Mayor has confirmed NASCAR discussed with him bringing a major national event to Winston-Salem's Bowman Gray Stadium, with possibly another round of renovations. It's known as The Mad House and has appeared in two TV shows, over-the-years, as one of the most loved tracks. It has international visitors each year and competitors from across the nation. This is the track where Richard Petty became the first NASCAR driver to win 100 races in 1969, when this track was a part of NASCAR's top-level racing series for several decades. Only two drivers have 100 or more wins.

Video Link

Interstate 74:

I think this is an older image, but it's new-to-us:

Credit: chloe-kildea

Brown School Lofts at Legacy Heights:
Phase II of this development is now in permitting. Frank L. Blum Construction will be the General Contractor for the 72 units of townhouses and apartments.

J. J. Jones Adaptive-reuse:
I think we've talked about this project before? It will become a history museum and space for start-ups in Mount Airy.

Video Link

Novant Health Critical Care Center:
We are taking a rare trip inside this building, as it passes the half-way point in construction! Sadly, the photographs are a little blurry, but I'm very thankful for them. We can see the rooms, hallways, front desk, and even the switchgear! How often do we see or talk about switchgear, even on a site like this!

A rare look inside the building:

Netceed Building:
Work on this building is nearing completion.

Cloverdale Surgery Center:
Alexander Irvin said, "We will be looking to start roofing in the coming weeks, which will complete our “race to get the roof on”! As general contractors, we are well aware that trade partners are the key to our success and I want to recognize D.S. Duggins Welding (DSD Welding), Guy M Turner, Engineered Steel Products and S&ME for maintaining our sense of urgency during this stretch of the project."

Credit: Alexander Irvin

Ziehl-Abegg North American Headquarters:
Workers from Signage Industries have started installation of the wall signs at the Ziehl-Abegg North American Headquarters.

Lofts @ Whitaker Park:
Hayco said, "Progress being made at our Winston-Salem construction site with the addition of exterior signage!"

Credit: Hayco Construction

Smith Reynolds Airport Restoration:
This was the first airport with an upscale club for flyers (Sky Club). Sky Club had a fireplace, outdoor dining terrace (with a view of the planes taking-off and landing), and a wood mosaic of the airport and runways, with weather instruments in the mosaic showing current flying conditions. We are now seeing the wood paneling and remains of the marble fireplace for the first time in decades!

Pre-World War II private/upscale Sky Club with private terrace dining area on the left:

Credit: cdi03

Workers are removing the stained-glass art and preparing to demolish the 1961 waiting room expansion to restore the original wall of glass in the 1939 architectural drawings. I think the grand chandelier in the lobby's former domed ceiling is lost? This airport was filled with luxuries and artwork no other airport had at that time.

Lobby & Restaurant Demolition:

Credit: cdi03

Off-Subject:

These are some of the mountains you see around the Winston-Salem Metro Area:
Video Link

Your City

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 5:50 AM

Quote:
“ It doesn't have to be two DIFFERENT interstates” Of course, you are correct - a momentary lapse on my part, which I reckon was because of my eagerness to highlight the importance of signing this to be orphaned section of I 74 (will be I 74 to I 40).
Agreed. There is precedent and NCDOT has become way to comfortable using state shields instead of interstate shields. NC 140 in Wilmington for example should have the same treatment as 526 in Charleston or 516 in Savannah. The state shields were not part of the original plans. Not sure what changed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations