HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Comcast Innovation & Technology Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 4:35 PM

Maybe Chris is referring to the West Market business district: Market-Arch, 16th-Schuykill? That area - a very small part of Center City - can feel a little desolate on weekends. But otherwise, even on a beautiful summer weekend when half the region is down the shore, CC (outside these few blocks) is still very much alive.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 5:30 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Maybe Chris is referring to the West Market business district: Market-Arch, 16th-Schuykill? That area - a very small part of Center City - can feel a little desolate on weekends. But otherwise, even on a beautiful summer weekend when half the region is down the shore, CC (outside these few blocks) is still very much alive.
Actually thats where I was . Maybe I just went at the wrong time (3 p.m.). Probably went on a bad day.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuyWho View Post
That's just evil
True evil would be scrapping CITC and giving 1900 Arch a twin

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Actually thats where I was . Maybe I just went at the wrong time (3 p.m.). Probably went on a bad day.
Wrong place, wrong time. It's mostly office buildings with some retail that is mostly limited to banks, kinkos, or lunch spots for office workers, all of which are either totally closed or close early on weekends. North of Arch - except for around the Parkway - is mostly residential until you get to Fairmount Ave. But had you ventured south to Chestnut St, it would have been a different story, like night and day different.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
So you were in the middle of the financial/business district at 3pm on a weekend and you then claim the entire city of Philadelphia is a ghost town. Baha. Oh.

I have nothing more to say to you

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 8:58 PM
Philly Rising Up!

I imagine everyone is having some pent up frustration because we are not see the foundation and/or steel girders rise fast enough on CITC and FMC. Somebody please post some pics of the holes in the ground at CITC and FMC so we can have a reality check, please.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 9:21 PM

I don't know if they broke into the asphalt of the current parking lot at the CITC but you won't see anything sticking out above street level for another year. FMC should be rising a lot sooner. They don't have to build underground parking.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 9:55 PM

Not directly related to the building, but I was invited to a Diversity Recruiting event yesterday at Comcast for area IT professionals. They are really getting behind the "Philly is the Next Tech Hub" idea. They were really pushing the message that they wanted to become partners with the IT community in Philly. They also discussed the need to fill 1500 new IT positions in the new tower. Not sure if this is news, but also heard that there were meetings between them and Drexel as recent as yesterday to discuss ways to work together to create opportunities for small IT businesses in the city.

No real news on the building or the timeline, but they did allude to big things being planned by the company that they couldn't discuss at this time. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Comcast smartphone down the line...

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaz View Post
Not directly related to the building, but I was invited to a Diversity Recruiting event yesterday at Comcast for area IT professionals. They are really getting behind the "Philly is the Next Tech Hub" idea. They were really pushing the message that they wanted to become partners with the IT community in Philly. They also discussed the need to fill 1500 new IT positions in the new tower. Not sure if this is news, but also heard that there were meetings between them and Drexel as recent as yesterday to discuss ways to work together to create opportunities for small IT businesses in the city.

No real news on the building or the timeline, but they did allude to big things being planned by the company that they couldn't discuss at this time. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Comcast smartphone down the line...
Very interesting things to hear! If Comcast can manage to energize Philly's tech scene it could bring 10s of thousands of jobs and residents to Philly.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Very interesting things to hear! If Comcast can manage to energize Philly's tech scene it could bring 10s of thousands of jobs and residents to Philly.

Well if any company in the city could do it, Comcast would be it. There's not much they haven't been able to accomplish.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 2:57 PM
BANNED

By late summer or early fall 2015 there should be a nice number of cranes up in CC and UC. For 2014 in CC all we will get will be holes in the ground for CITC the W hotel and maybe 1919 market if that ever starts. I wonder when groundbreaking ceremony will be held for comcast 2

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 3:06 PM

I've heard First week or second week of July 2015.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 3:33 PM
Realtor

I updated building philly blog today. More and more activity.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 3:39 PM

I was by the site today. It looks like they have spent a good amount of time marking the property. They have laid out what area's will be dealt with first and what sewage/power lines need to be dealt with. The surround sidewalk is officially closed and each day I have been by there seems to be more and more people on site.

The temp. crane is now down, so heavier work looks to be moving forward, as 1900 Arch starts to put the finishing touches on their building.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 7:15 PM

I hope they start a WEBCAM soon so we can see for ourselves what's happening 24/7

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetrella802 View Post
I hope they start a WEBCAM soon so we can see for ourselves what's happening 24/7
Yeah, it's COMCAST for cryin' out loud, and it's their Innovation and Technology Center. They should be able to handle that.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Yeah, it's COMCAST for cryin' out loud, and it's their Innovation and Technology Center. They should be able to handle that.
They'll have to hire someone to reset the modem every 30 minutes during peak viewing hours.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy007 View Post
They'll have to hire someone to reset the modem every 30 minutes during peak viewing hours.
That won't work. They have to coincide with the "supposed" 2 hour time slots for technicians to come out.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 9:15 PM

That'd be the height of irony, wouldn't it? Comcast sets up a construction webcam, but can't keep the damn thing functioning.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 11:29 PM

Comcastic aint it??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture