HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:25 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
They also have seemed to have purchased the Robinson Building, as it currently is walled off on the ground floor with giant FDP ads.
PREIT bought the Robinson Store and a couple other buildings across from the Gallery 2 or 3 years ago.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:36 AM
The Doctor Is In

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarstruck View Post
Those are some nice street trees you got there. Would be a shame if something happened to them.

-The developer

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Walked by the FDP today. They've put up some brackets on the SW wing of the building for Electronic Screens. They also have seemed to have purchased the Robinson Building, as it currently is walled off on the ground floor with giant FDP ads. Will post pictures after the Birds game.
the ad wraps have been there for a year or more.

You can see sign mounting brackets at various locations, including the corner of 11th and market protruding through the facade of the movie theater area.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
You'll be glad to know DVRPC published a study in November examining this issue... so people are still thinking about it!

https://www.dvrpc.org/Reports/16046.pdf
Making a light rail line where most of the area's residents are already served by the El, are cut of by 95, and directly next to a body of water not populated by mermaids continues to make no sense even in an alternative universe where SEPTA has the kind of capital budget to spend on all other capital projects. The best projector of future demand is present demand, and the buses that run along the Delaware have terrible ridership numbers, and would look much, much worse if they only ran along the projected path of the light rail.

This is the exact kind of speculative, "I want to see buildings so I'll ignore the actual ridership value" light rail plan that has produced lines with terrible ridership in city after city over the last 20 years.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 6:08 PM

Great project for hotel near love park: https://philly.curbed.com/2019/1/7/1...el-center-city We need stuff like this on 15th Street!

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarstruck View Post
Making a light rail line where most of the area's residents are already served by the El, are cut of by 95, and directly next to a body of water not populated by mermaids continues to make no sense even in an alternative universe where SEPTA has the kind of capital budget to spend on all other capital projects. The best projector of future demand is present demand, and the buses that run along the Delaware have terrible ridership numbers, and would look much, much worse if they only ran along the projected path of the light rail.

This is the exact kind of speculative, "I want to see buildings so I'll ignore the actual ridership value" light rail plan that has produced lines with terrible ridership in city after city over the last 20 years.
Valid points and there are probably several other proposals that deserve more attention than this (BSL extension to Navy Yard/ Roosevelt Boulevard), but I still think the Delaware Ave. portion of this plan makes sense if it ties into the 15 trolley and takes over the east lanes of Delaware Ave, which would help separate it from traffic-related issues. 95 is a little bit of barrier for those living on the west side of it (although I never had an issue with walking underneath), but there is more residential being planned directly on the river. Also, bus service is pretty unreliable since it's at the mercy of traffic. I don't know why they decided Pier 70 is where the service should terminate though, being so close to the stadiums and navy yard. There's that branch at Weccacoe and Snyder that goes right there.

EDIT: something like this (I got greedy with the 2nd branch)?

Last edited by Skintreesnail; Jan 7, 2019 at 8:05 PM.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Great project for hotel near love park: https://philly.curbed.com/2019/1/7/1...el-center-city We need stuff like this on 15th Street!
Very sharp. I remember hearing about this awhile back, and I can't remember if it has a thread or not. Juuuuuuust on the verge of being qualifiable for its own thread.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 11:46 PM

Snapped a pic of the huge development going up on the 3600 block of Lancaster:

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
Valid points and there are probably several other proposals that deserve more attention than this (BSL extension to Navy Yard/ Roosevelt Boulevard), but I still think the Delaware Ave. portion of this plan makes sense if it ties into the 15 trolley and takes over the east lanes of Delaware Ave, which would help separate it from traffic-related issues. 95 is a little bit of barrier for those living on the west side of it (although I never had an issue with walking underneath), but there is more residential being planned directly on the river. Also, bus service is pretty unreliable since it's at the mercy of traffic. I don't know why they decided Pier 70 is where the service should terminate though, being so close to the stadiums and navy yard. There's that branch at Weccacoe and Snyder that goes right there.

EDIT: something like this (I got greedy with the 2nd branch)?
I don't know why interchange with the 15 would improve ridership. Neither line would go to any employment centers, and the 15 already connects with the MFL.

Going to the stadiums wouldn't make a ton of sense, as the daily ridership numbers would be minimal. Getting the line down to the Navy Yard is intriguing but there are some real barriers (the CSX rail lines) and it's over three miles between the Navy Yard and the southern end of Pier 70. That's a lot of nothing in between for major $.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Snapped a pic of the huge development going up on the 3600 block of Lancaster
Glad to see Lancaster Mews finally moving along, hadn't seen anything about it in a while.

For reference:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ncaster-avenue

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 6:41 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Coming Soons:

2213 North Broad: 4 stories, 17 units

2225 North Broad: residential conversion to 16 units

1620 Cecil B Moore: 4 stories, 16 units

1316 North Front: 5 stories, 11 units

2013-15 North Front: 17 units, unknown height

304-08 Master St: 4 stories, 10 units

952-56 North 3rd: 6 stories, 25 units

and..

a project close to my heart, 1324-38 Frankford Ave: 4 stories, 51 units

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 7:03 PM

What a very sharp looking development. Glad to see more traditional brick architecture coming back to the mainstream lately.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post

Nice, Fishtown for the win! I've been wondering for years when/if this thing would be coming down:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9710...7i13312!8i6656

Do you know the story here? Hopefully the owners sold out nicely and have no qualms with their 'hoods explosion?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Coming Soons:

2213 North Broad: 4 stories, 17 units

2225 North Broad: residential conversion to 16 units

1620 Cecil B Moore: 4 stories, 16 units

1316 North Front: 5 stories, 11 units

2013-15 North Front: 17 units, unknown height

304-08 Master St: 4 stories, 10 units

952-56 North 3rd: 6 stories, 25 units

and..

Glad to see a lot of new movement around Temple! 1620 Cecil B. Moore will be a hugely positive addition to the corridor, as it is a corner property with frontage on both Cecil B. Moore and N. Willington Street. Although something was built to the west of it, the other lot remained vacant as I graduated. The North Broad projects will also be great additions to a block that has a BSL stop (Susquehanna-Dauphin). Is 2225 N. Broad the large glass building currently (or at least when I was a Temple student) being used as a charter school?

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 9:43 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Nice, Fishtown for the win! I've been wondering for years when/if this thing would be coming down:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9710...7i13312!8i6656

Do you know the story here? Hopefully the owners sold out nicely and have no qualms with their 'hoods explosion?
The owners are happy to move this location of their business to a more car-friendly place.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 9:45 PM

Huge upgrade right there.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
The owners are happy to move this location of their business to a more car-friendly place.
well, hopefully that doesn't mean that they are leaving the City???

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 11:28 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
well, hopefully that doesn't mean that they are leaving the City???
I'm not certain where they are moving-- this is a distribution point for a huge company... only a handful of people actually work at the site every day. Lots of vehicles come in and out to load/unload and Frankford Ave is no longer as convenient at it was when they moved there in 1998.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 3:21 AM

Huge upgrade for Frankford Ave!

On that note, Frankford Ave is getting crazy. It needs to be a one way street at this point, at least between Girard and Lehigh. I hope the city does something about it.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 3:29 AM

Are there any plans in the works to move forward with something on Broad and Washington, across from the new Target? It's an entire city block of vacant lot.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development