HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Lincoln Park 2520 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 2:36 PM

^^you are right about 65 E. Goethe - limestone not precast. Also, the windows? Mahogany. Zinc roof, and I believe the wrought iron is truly that. Not cast and not aluminum.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 3:15 PM

Maybe the problem with LaGrange is the budget he gets. If he got the budget of RAMSA buildings he would be able to provide products like RAMSA... I doubt it
“The test of a great building is in the marketplace. The Marketplace recognizes the value of quality architecture and endorses it in the sales price it is able to achieve.” — Jon Pickard, Principal, Pickard Chilton

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 4:58 PM
BANNED

^^^ Well to me he's got major massing and cohesiveness issues. Only LP 2025 has decent massing IMO out of all his highrise projects.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 12:46 AM
tilted & shifted

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 1:55 AM
TL;DR

With this and Ritz-Carlton wrapping up, there will soon be no Lagrange projects under construction anywhere in the city. Unless I'm mistaken, there have been no new proposals either.

There are a few old proposals, but none of them seem particularly likely to be revived (X/O, Union Station tower, Catalyst).

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 2:05 AM
tilted & shifted

400 West Randolph is still active.

It may be redesigned, but here's the current version:

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post

That was me, a couple weeks ago on the 444 West Lake Thread. It's interesting how information goes full circle. I'm pretty sure that LaGrange has nothing to do with this project as Goettsch is now pretty far along in the conceptual design process.

For some reason either our marketing department or the developer's hasn't publicized anything concrete on the design of this building yet (even a couple of us in the office wondered why it wasn't in Crain's rendering reveal last week). But I would hate to be the one to accidentally give away information that is not ready for the public. I will tell you though that if you are searching for news on this project it is most likely going to be re-branded as part of North Riverside Plaza rather than by its Randolph St. Address.

Also, while the redesign looks nothing like the rendering posted above, the massing/site plan are still mostly the same, with the tower in the northeast corner, a 2-3 story parking/amenities/cafeteria podium with roof-top park along the west side and a semi-enclosed plaza open to the river and Randolph St. on in the southeast corner.

Back on topic: blipsman, have you had a chance to get a photo of the crown on 2520 lately? I've been squinting at the completed mansard roof from the ground and I'm curious to see how the details hold up-close (or not hold as often is the case with LaGrange). I particularly thing the matched light grey windows in a light grey roof was a bit of an odd choice, but maybe it will grow on me.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 1:01 PM

I came down LSD last night on my way home from a concert at Lincoln Hall. The massing looks okay enough that this building looks pretty good when all you can see is the silhouette. I thought about taking a picture, but didn't have a camera on me. The whole effect is ruined, though, because there are these red lights that flash incessantly on the rooftop. I assume they were there because of some zoning purpose? Anyone know why this particular building needed them?
“The test of a great building is in the marketplace. The Marketplace recognizes the value of quality architecture and endorses it in the sales price it is able to achieve.” — Jon Pickard, Principal, Pickard Chilton

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew|W View Post
That was me, a couple weeks ago on the 444 West Lake Thread. It's interesting how information goes full circle. I'm pretty sure that LaGrange has nothing to do with this project as Goettsch is now pretty far along in the conceptual design process.

For some reason either our marketing department or the developer's hasn't publicized anything concrete on the design of this building yet (even a couple of us in the office wondered why it wasn't in Crain's rendering reveal last week). But I would hate to be the one to accidentally give away information that is not ready for the public. I will tell you though that if you are searching for news on this project it is most likely going to be re-branded as part of North Riverside Plaza rather than by its Randolph St. Address.

Also, while the redesign looks nothing like the rendering posted above, the massing/site plan are still mostly the same, with the tower in the northeast corner, a 2-3 story parking/amenities/cafeteria podium with roof-top park along the west side and a semi-enclosed plaza open to the river and Randolph St. on in the southeast corner.

Back on topic: blipsman, have you had a chance to get a photo of the crown on 2520 lately? I've been squinting at the completed mansard roof from the ground and I'm curious to see how the details hold up-close (or not hold as often is the case with LaGrange). I particularly thing the matched light grey windows in a light grey roof was a bit of an odd choice, but maybe it will grow on me.
what redesign ? Can we get pics of the redesign ? Also, do you know when they will release info to the public ?

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 6:57 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post

This design is Ricardo Bofill, not Lagrange. (I'll take Bofill any day.)

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 7:02 PM

I had no idea there was ever a design for that site. Hopefully there will be a redesign. Can we have at least one tower over that's not all glass?

Old Posted May 22, 2012, 4:46 PM
THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
With this and Ritz-Carlton wrapping up, there will soon be no Lagrange projects under construction anywhere in the city. Unless I'm mistaken, there have been no new proposals either.

There are a few old proposals, but none of them seem particularly likely to be revived (X/O, Union Station tower, Catalyst).
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think VOA-Lagrange have split up (VOA has scrubbed its website clean of LL projects) and he's back to his old firm. Probably in part because Lagrange seems to be getting new work in NY and Chicago.

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 11:22 PM

*crowd in stunned silence for five days*

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 11:41 PM

He's like those weeds in the crack of your sidewalk that never dies no matter how much you spray them with herbicide. lol
I think you guys will get a real kick out of this article.

Lagrange rebuilds a career

For the second time in less than a year, architect Lucien Lagrange is on the move.

Earlier this month, he left VOA Associates Inc., where he had worked since last summer, to join the Chicago office of Dallas-based HKS Inc. as chief of design for HKS Lucien Lagrange Studio.

The move represents a significant reversal of fortune for the 71-year-old Mr. Lagrange, who rose to fame during the boom years with a series of high-profile commissions but lately has endured some humbling setbacks.

Read more: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...#ixzz1w7Kihjnh
Stay on top of Chicago business with our free daily e-newsletters

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 12:30 AM
Chicagoland Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Forever View Post
He's like those weeds in the crack of your sidewalk that never dies no matter how much you spray them with herbicide. lol

I think you guys will get a real kick out of this article.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...#ixzz1w7Kihjnh
Stay on top of Chicago business with our free daily e-newsletters
My favorite quote:

“I think they were scared to deal with me. I've got 50 years of experience and have done 20 major buildings in downtown Chicago. They thought I was going to take over and push people out.”

Now now Lucien, don't be modest. Honestly, if anything has changed about his disposition in the last year, it's that he's become even MORE conceited. lol

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippis View Post
My favorite quote:

Now now Lucien, don't be modest. Honestly, if anything has changed about his disposition in the last year, it's that he's become even MORE conceited. lol
He allegedly walked out of the Chicago Building Congress banquet a couple of weeks ago without accepting his finalist award because his JW Marriott renovation didn't win in its category. So yeah, he seems to think that he is all that.

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 4:34 AM
tilted & shifted

I live a few blocks away, and I'm really surprised at how well this building meets the street. The massing is terrible, but it looks great at street level. Very elegant.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 7:56 PM
Show me the blueprints

I was randomly looking at the Buenos Aires page on Wikipedia and CANNOT BELIEVE what I stumbled upon...

Just look at this picture titled Puerto Madero towers. It apparently is an redeveloping docklands area of the city. The caption reads "High-rise condominium towers along Dock 3 representing the latest architectural trends in the city, Puerto Madero district."

wiki

This is just too similar to be a coincidence.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 8:39 PM

Whoa! Which one came first?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
Whoa! Which one came first?
According to the Wikipedia entry for the Chateau Tower of Puerto Madero, the 48-floor, 511-foot building was completed in Buenos Aires in 2010.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive