HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 1:17 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Some detailed plans for the Plateau area in Gatineau

Concept 1:

http://www.ville.gatineau.qc.ca/pdf/..._concept_1.pdf

Concept 2:

http://www.ville.gatineau.qc.ca/pdf/..._concept_2.pdf
Ça serait très bien mais je ne leur fais pas confiance. Ça prendrait de la vision et du courage pour réaliser de tels quartiers. J'espère sincèrement qu'ils vont faire un menteur de moi!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 7:53 PM

This will be 2 blocks away from my condo. I really hope it gets built, so I can walk over to a local farmer's market on weekends to buy fresh fruit and veggies. The park, library, shops, condos etc will make it a vibrant area once built. I believe they are still on schedule and construction is set to start in 2009, I am crossing my fingers for no delays!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 11:07 PM
Awesome!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 2:37 AM

A second hotel for Orleans....geeze construction boom town (boom burb?)

I wonder where they will put it? Town Centre perhaps?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 6:50 PM
National Capital Region

Montreal and Shefford (near 174 exit) 7 storey retirement home

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 7:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
Montreal and Shefford (near 174 exit) 7 storey retirement home
Ottawa seems to be getting a glut of retirement home applications these days....for the life of me I can't think what is at this corner at the present time...it is near the interchange with 174/Montreal Road and there is commercial to the north further down the hill etc.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2008, 11:39 PM
Awesome!

The most recent towers in the south end (completed in 2006-07) Riverside near Uplands

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

Old Posted Nov 30, 2008, 10:58 PM
National Capital Region

edit: New proposal see http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...wpost&t=162184

render of riverside/hunt club office tower.. although signs for development on this property have been up for years IIRC

PREMIER OFFICE SITERIVERSIDE AT HUNT CLUB ON THE BANKS OF THE RIDEAU RIVER OTTAWA, ONTARIO

Phased Development of 650,000 sq. ft. Riverside Office Park will be at the centre of Ottawa’s ever-expanding business community. Its unique location will allow easy access to Ottawa’s International Airport for air travel within Canada or to the far corners of the world. U.S. customs pre-clearance is now available.

Connect by automobile to highway 416 to the west for connections to the 401 (Toronto) or onto the Queensway for Highway 417 and connections to Montreal and Quebec.

With local OC Transpo routes and the transit station nearby, a great many employees working at Riverside Office Park will use public transit to and from their work environment.

Last edited by waterloowarrior; Dec 11, 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2008, 11:01 PM
National Capital Region

here's the Kanata West concept plan

Last edited by waterloowarrior; Jan 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2008, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_speed3108 View Post
Tower Crane in Orleans:

There appears to be a new Tower Crane around Tenth Line and the North Service Rd (Jeanne D'arc)

Anyone have any idea what that is for????
I was going to ask the same thing.

It seems pretty substantial (around 8-10 floors).

Old Posted Dec 11, 2008, 8:21 PM
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
I was going to ask the same thing.

It seems pretty substantial (around 8-10 floors).
There is something under construction in that area according to this late Spring bird's eye view shot but not sure if it's what you are referring to.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

Old Posted Dec 12, 2008, 7:37 AM

^^
Drove by today and it looks about done.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2009, 11:00 PM
National Capital Region

Kanata West

This state-of-the-art, master-planned park will be designed as a mixed-use site, equally capable of handling both business office and industrial applications.
  • 145 total acres of Development Land
  • Direct highway 417 exposure and access
  • Tract sizes ranging from 5 to 50+ acres
  • All underground utilities including: municipal water and sewer lines, high-pressure natural gas lines, and advanced fiber optic lines
  • Carefully designed covenants that protect property owners
  • Available turnkey packages
  • Well-suited for any number of business opportunities

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 8:06 AM
National Capital Region

Quote:

1701 Kilborn Avenue - (The Regional Group)... dev. application page

January 2009 Update

I am pleased to advise you that Playfair Residents Limited has withdrawn their zoning application. They have agreed that any new development on the Playfair property will have to respect the existing zoning on the site. [14 storeys]
I understand that the owner will soon be bringing forward a site plan application that will propose a development that respects the existing zoning.

The zoning outlines what is permissible to build on a particular site and a site plan details how the site will be developed. A site plan deals with all of fine details of a development such as access, grading, loading zones, landscaping, locations of parking, urban design and other detail features of any proposed development.

One of the most important parts of a site plan is the urban design aspect. As I am sure you are aware both the City Planners and the local community felt that the design of both the tower and the town homes, in the former proposal, did not integrate, from a design standpoint, with the adjacent community. City planning staff will be reviewing any proposed site plan to ensure that the design integrates well with the existing community.

In my last update to you I outlined a consensus position with myself, city staff and the local community. A site plan is where we implement the consensus position. Therefore, any new site plan will have to contain the following:
  • Underground resident parking.
  • Limited traffic access off of Playfair Drive by segmenting the garage and reducing parking access off of Playfair.
  • Maximize visitor parking spots.
  • Provision of adequate parking for residents similar to parking at the condo at 1705 Playfair Drive.
  • Provision of fencing, appropriate to the site to delineate Carleton Condominium Corporation # 500 property from the rest of the site.
  • Construction of a new entrance for Carleton Condominium Corporation # 500 off of Playfair Drive that provides a more appropriate and distinctive entrance for Carleton Condominium Corporation # 500.

Once we have received a site plan we will be meeting with the individuals and groups representing those most closely affected by the application to develop a consensus position. They include NoRezone, the Board of Directors of the Carleton Condominium Corporation (CCC) #500, the Board of Directors of Rosewood Estates and Protect Vista on the Park.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 1:13 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Kanata West

This state-of-the-art, master-planned park will be designed as a mixed-use site, equally capable of handling both business office and industrial applications.
  • 145 total acres of Development Land
  • Direct highway 417 exposure and access
  • Tract sizes ranging from 5 to 50+ acres
  • All underground utilities including: municipal water and sewer lines, high-pressure natural gas lines, and advanced fiber optic lines
  • Carefully designed covenants that protect property owners
  • Available turnkey packages
  • Well-suited for any number of business opportunities
Any thoughts on the timeline of this....to me this seems very long term in terms of build out and very autocentric.

Interesting that the developers of this (Taggart/Tamarack/Doran etc) are also the group behind the residential development at the top right of the photo and they have an old aerial of that area....a lot of it is being developed with 'product' as we speak.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 3:03 PM
Mooderator

Taggart also was involved in blowing up that crater for 180 Kent, and I think Doran is working on the Mondrian condo. They seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 5:37 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Taggart also was involved in blowing up that crater for 180 Kent, and I think Doran is working on the Mondrian condo. They seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies.
Yep, they are in a lot of stuff in Ottawa...family run businesses. They are big in building sprawl and auto-centric stuff in the suburbs...Charlesfort they ain't.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2009, 5:01 PM
National Capital Region

Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Interesting.

It looks like their main access road will be through the Marriott property to be developed to the west....

It looks like Walkley Nissan is moving... I wonder if it will still be on Walkley

Between this development and the Marriott, the Bank/Walkley area is showing signs of improving... about time considering how close to a transit station it is. Maybe this will be the impetus to redevelop the horrible mall where the current Shoppers/Value Village is.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_speed3108 View Post
Tower Crane in Orleans:

There appears to be a new Tower Crane around Tenth Line and the North Service Rd (Jeanne D'arc)

Anyone have any idea what that is for????
I haven't been by this area lately, but I'm going to guess that it was for a retirement residence called The Promenade.
http://www.alavidalifestyles.com/our...nd-events.aspx

It says the address is 100 Rossignol, which is just north-east of 174/10th line.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs