HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Anyway, I'm so happy that now when I want a salad all I'll have to do is go out to Van Ness and pick some greens from the median.
Given the shape this town is in right now, those greens will likely come with a special house vinaigrette.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 6:00 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
Given the shape this town is in right now, those greens will likely come with a special house vinaigrette.
Also likely a side of chocolate pudding and a syringe so you can infuse additional flavor.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:08 PM

I don’t believe 45-53 Third St has its own thread yet. Some fresh renderings are included in this link:

https://sfyimby.com/2021/02/renderin...francisco.html

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:34 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman12 View Post
I don’t believe 45-53 Third St has its own thread yet. Some fresh renderings are included in this link:

Here ya go:
http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show...=1#post9192553

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:56 PM
你的媽媽

Anyone know if 555 Bryant has its own thread?

Quote:
Construction permits were filed seeking approval of a mixed-use residential building with 500 dwelling units on 555 Bryant Street in the South of Market district, San Francisco. The project proposal includes constructing a residential building with 125 accessory parking spaces, three basements, and some retail space.

Conceptual and design plans drafted by Solomon Cordwell Buenz show the plan to be an infill with set-backs to afford more direct sunlight to the asphalt. 555 Bryant Partners LLC are listed as responsible for the development, with Strada accountable for financing. Reuben Law is the legal representative for the LLC.

The building will rise to sixteen stories high, approximately 160 feet high. 20,604 square feet of PDR use is allocated to the building’s floor area. Twenty percent of the total dwelling units will be offered as affordable homes.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 2:50 AM

I guess I'm not the only one that ended up on SF YIMBY site today.

I'll admit I was pretty excited by the range of projects closing in on approvals; even the hilariously ugly ones:

It appears that the BMR project at 7th and Brannan is coming around the bend and eyeballing construction start dates.

I have no idea how planning let this design get by. It feels like Eastern Bloc housing projects to me. I really can't say I've seen something that looks like it's ripe for demolition before it's even built.

Not too far away, a much more attractive project is getting ready for construction:

Just across the street from 681 Florida; 2750 19th (nicely designed by Perry Architects) should get started soon.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 2:55 AM

Nowhere near approval, but just a couple blocks away from the last few I posted; 16th and Florida.

9 stories of housing proposed for a parking lot at 321 Florida Street, via Socketsite:

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 5:19 AM

Glad to see this finally happening (and the project it makes room for):

Quote:
A 139-year-old S.F. Victorian is getting moved this weekend. It's going to cost $400,000
Steve Rubenstein
Feb. 19, 2021

A giant green house is about to do what few San Franciscans have ever done: travel the wrong way on Franklin Street.

Most houses don’t travel at all, let alone in the forbidden direction on a one-way street. But the city is making an exception for the hardy Victorian home that has stood at Franklin and Turk streets for 139 years.

On Sunday at sunrise, the house is scheduled to be loaded onto giant dollies and moved — at a top speed of 1 mile an hour — to its new location six blocks away . . . .

Along the route, parking meters were ripped up. Limbs from an overhanging laurel tree were trimmed. Traffic signs were relocated. Overhead traffic lights are coming down and overhead wires that power the 5-Fulton Muni line will be turned off and unstrung. No-Parking-tow-away-zone signs have been plastered all over like bad checks . . . .

“Why don’t we demo it?” (the mover) pondered aloud, the word “demolish” not slipping easily through his lips. “Look at it. It’s historic. Original lumber. You cannot get lumber like that any more. Tight grain from 800-year-old trees. No knots. It’s a beautiful thing. Move a house, save a tree.”

He gazed at the uprooted house on Friday morning as a half dozen workers prepared to slide it on four steel rails into final position for moving day. He appreciated every little thing about it, taking a final peek at the original gas lantern fittings in the basement that is a basement no longer because the house had been propped up above it a few feet, making the basement an open-air affair. He also took time to admire the home’s steel foundation anchor bolts which, in the middle of the 19th century, were ahead of their time . . . .

After the move is complete, the site at 807 Franklin St. is set to become a 48-unit, eight-story apartment building that will not be built with gas lantern fittings . . . .

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-20633872

It's being moved to 635 Fulton St.

The replacement:

Quote:
As designed by Kerman Morris Architects, the 48 units – a mix of 15 one-bedrooms, 29 twos and 4 threes – would average a little under 900 square feet apiece. As proposed by the project team, all the units will be market rate with an in-lieu fee proposed to satisfy the requirements of the City’s Inclusionary Affordable Housing Program. And yes, the adjacent Shell Station site on the corner of Turk is zoned for development up to 80 feet in height as well.

https://socketsite.com/archives/2018...-approval.html

Yup--another auto service use to bite the dust. This is mostly where I've been buying gas for 40 years. Most likely alternative will be the station on Van Ness that is more deserving of replacement IMHO. When that goes (as it surely will), it'll be a long trip to somewhere.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
It appears that the BMR project at 7th and Brannan is coming around the bend and eyeballing construction start dates.

I have no idea how planning let this design get by. It feels like Eastern Bloc housing projects to me. I really can't say I've seen something that looks like it's ripe for demolition before it's even built.
I'm with you on this one. If that actually looks as bad as the rendering, it'll be one fugly and cheap looking building. It really looks like an homage to the Pink Palace when it was still pink.

https://www.foundsf.org/index.php?ti...e_AAD-6127.jpg

(You'll have to image it in all it's pink spender--I could only find a B/W photo)

But maybe the colors will be a little more saturated or SOMETHING will improve it.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Yup--another auto service use to bite the dust. This is mostly where I've been buying gas for 40 years. Most likely alternative will be the station on Van Ness that is more deserving of replacement IMHO. When that goes (as it surely will), it'll be a long trip to somewhere.
Uh, this project isn’t replacing the shell station, if that’s what you’re implying. The article merely mentions that the station is zoned for development, which isn’t saying much.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2021, 8:04 PM

Quote:
I'm with you on this one. If that actually looks as bad as the rendering, it'll be one fugly and cheap looking building. It really looks like an homage to the Pink Palace when it was still pink.

https://www.foundsf.org/index.php?ti...e_AAD-6127.jpg

(You'll have to image it in all it's pink spender--I could only find a B/W photo)

But maybe the colors will be a little more saturated or SOMETHING will improve it.
Ah yes..... bring back the pink palaces......

Old Posted Feb 22, 2021, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
Uh, this project isn’t replacing the shell station, if that’s what you’re implying. The article merely mentions that the station is zoned for development, which isn’t saying much.
No, Andrew, I'm not "implying" anything; merely stating the inevitable. If the lot is zoned for 8 floors, it'll eventually get 8 floors (or maybe 10 with density bonuses) and no gas station. I'll bet sooner rather than later once the impending project is done. Relax.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2021, 10:06 PM
Build Baby Build

https://www.skylinecapitalbuilders.c...0-19th-street/

2750 19th Street has more pictures on the website. This is a gorgeous project, the side reminds me of columns and the entire addition has a classical feel to it. You can see more shots of the beautiful interiors on the website.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 9:46 PM

98 Franklin - at last there are some drawings of the building as permits have been filed. An attractive addition to the Market/Van Ness area. You can link here for several great images:

https://sfyimby.com/2021/02/new-buil...francisco.html

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 10:05 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Ooooh that does look nice!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 10:21 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
98 Franklin - at last there are some drawings of the building as permits have been filed. An attractive addition to the Market/Van Ness area. You can link here for several great images:

Excellent! Does this have its own thread yet?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Excellent! Does this have its own thread yet?
Yes: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...ight=FRANCISCO

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post

Nice! A solid little cluster forming outside the main core of towers.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:40 PM

Parcel F:

Ramp heading to Salesforce Park:

Mira Tower

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Ramp heading to Salesforce Park:

Was this a long exposure, or were there really no cars on the offramp?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations