HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 4:22 PM
It's Hammer Time

Whoa direct to Las Vegas?! Not a trip to Calgary then Las Vegas?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 5:41 PM

yo i checked, if you do all the deductions it does come down to 12$. but goes up to about 70$ for the fees. Westjet comes up to 65$ with the fees.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2007, 9:28 PM
It's Hammer Time

Fuel farm planned at airport
Apr 19, 2007

The president of Tradeport International hopes to have a fuel farm in place near the airport by the end of the year. Richard Koroscil told councillors last week that the airport only has less than half a day’s supply of fuel on site and he wants to move quickly on the project which is being developed by a consortium of airlines.

"We’re working with them to form a fuel consortium which will be all of the airlines getting together to build a facility, a storage facility which at the end of the day really reduces their operating costs as well", Koroscil explained, noting the presence of a pipeline near the section of highway six that runs past the airport.

"It’s still early in their design stage, but they would like to have this facility up and running before the end of this year."

Glanbrook councillor Dave Mitchell is enthusiastic about this new kind of farming in the agricultural area surrounding the airport. "That’s a real good news story for all of us,” he declared. “being able to take massive amounts of trucks off our highways and be able to hook into the Enbridge pipelines which is right there."

He also said the Mount Hope community was “very, very supportive”. A potential hitch in the plans may be the firefighting capability associated with the airport. A fire in the early 1990s engaged over 600 firefighters from 47 units in a two day battle that consumed 3 million gallons at a fuel storage and dispensing facility Denver, Colorado.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2007, 5:18 AM

Hamilton Airport is hosting a launch event for Flyglobespan on May 1st at the Warplane Heritage Museum. It is by invitation only and they will have a Flyglobespan plane there. It is from 2 to 4 pm and you should be able to get a good view of the plane from the East Cargo Road going to the UPS building.

Key Speakers at the Launch will include:

Hon. Jim Bradley, Ontario Minister of Tourism
Michael Upton, Deputy Consul-General, British Consulate-General Toronto
Fred Eisenberger, Mayor of Hamilton
Richard Koroscil, President and C.E.O., John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
Stephen Elmy, Regional Manager - North America, Flyglobespan

They will even have free transport to Hamilton International from Union Station for the people from Toronto who may get lost finding Hamilton.

I am trying to get invited to this event. I do have friends in low places. Even if I can’t get invited, I will be up there to take pictures.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:08 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeHamilton View Post
Hamilton Airport is hosting a launch event for Flyglobespan on May 1st at the Warplane Heritage Museum. It is by invitation only and they will have a Flyglobespan plane there. It is from 2 to 4 pm and you should be able to get a good view of the plane from the East Cargo Road going to the UPS building.

Key Speakers at the Launch will include:

Hon. Jim Bradley, Ontario Minister of Tourism
Michael Upton, Deputy Consul-General, British Consulate-General Toronto
Fred Eisenberger, Mayor of Hamilton
Richard Koroscil, President and C.E.O., John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
Stephen Elmy, Regional Manager - North America, Flyglobespan

They will even have free transport to Hamilton International from Union Station for the people from Toronto who may get lost finding Hamilton.

I am trying to get invited to this event. I do have friends in low places. Even if I can’t get invited, I will be up there to take pictures.

Hey where did you hear about this? Im actually in the process of trying to get a Media Pass for May 1st. Shoud know by this week, However thanks for letting me know about getting some good pics.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Town View Post
Hey where did you hear about this? Im actually in the process of trying to get a Media Pass for May 1st. Shoud know by this week, However thanks for letting me know about getting some good pics.
From a person who had been invited to this event and they where nice enough give me a copy of their invite.

Last edited by LikeHamilton; Apr 23, 2007 at 4:14 PM.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:15 PM
On Guard For Thee

Vegas would be a great destination from service from YHM--traffic to Las Vegas is exploding--here in Windsor people are constantly going thanks to low-priced package deals and ease of service from Detroit. The Vegas and FL should work fine from YHM--WJ seems to have done okay with their route to MCO. Any idea what the source of these services will be--one of the larger carriers like Transat or Sunquest coming in with a bigger presence?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 2:06 AM
Closed account

I would be suprised if it wasn't westjet.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 12:26 PM

Any chance for the GTAA to take over Hamilton and run all the charters from there?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 1:08 PM
Pro Urban Degenerate

The GTAA has their own agenda to develop a 2 billion dollar tax payer funded airport in Pickering with a massive supply of employment lands. Acknowledging the potential in Hamilton would likely devastate their scheme.

Last edited by HAMRetrofit; Apr 24, 2007 at 5:35 PM.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitguy View Post
Any chance for the GTAA to take over Hamilton and run all the charters from there?
Not really. Hamilton International Airport (hi) is owned by the City of Hamilton and is managed by Tradeport International Corporation under contract for 40 years (30 left). Tradeport is 100% owned by YVRAS (Vancouver Airport Services). They recently purchased the balance of the shares of Tradeport. Most of the senior management and more than half of the Board of Hamilton International Airport (hi) are from YVR. YVRAS owns or operates 18 airports and maybe as big or bigger company than GTAA.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
NEW Airport Shuttle Service

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 – HAMILTON -- Richard Koroscil, President and CEO of the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (hi), is pleased to announce the new hi shuttle service which is set to begin May 1, 2007.

The hi shuttle will provide an important link between the airport, downtown Hamilton hotels and the Hunter Street GO Station. Shuttle fares will be $12.50 one way and $20 round trip.

“Our customers have told us that they want more ground transportation options and we are excited to be delivering through the hi shuttle program,” said Koroscil. “Introducing the hi shuttle coincides perfectly with the May 1st launch of flyglobespan, our new UK air carrier partner offering daily flights to and from 13 UK/Irish destinations.”

The hi shuttle service will be provided by Hamilton Limo, a first rate transportation company, owned by Henry Mizzi and Marcus Rosen.

“We are very pleased about offering the hi shuttle in partnership with Hamilton International Airport. Hamilton Limo looks forward to offering visitors a professional and economical ground transportation alternative between the airport and the downtown amenities,” said Rosen.

The City of Hamilton’s Economic Development Department and Hamilton International Airport each contributed seed funding towards the implementation of the new hi shuttle program to help ensure its success.

Further information about the hi shuttle service can be obtained by visiting www.hishuttle.com or calling 905-296-3629.

The buses will be hourly from 5 am to 8 pm from the GO Station and 5:35 am to 8:35 pm from the airport. Airport employees with identification are to receive a discounted monthly rate of $65.

Last edited by LikeHamilton; Apr 27, 2007 at 1:59 AM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 10:25 PM
It's Hammer Time

Did you watch the news? They showed the shuttle bus. Nice exterior!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 2:20 AM
Closed account

Good news, hopefull they have good ridership to keep it going. Its going to be a pretty exciting day in 6 days.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 2:21 AM
Closed account

I got my invite today for the media event on tuesday.

Likehamilton how have you made out?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 2:48 AM
It's Hammer Time

The shuttle service.....

Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Town View Post
Likehamilton how have you made out?
I will be there!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2007, 3:08 PM
It's Hammer Time

It looks like Hamilton Airport is being considered for a Jazz expansion to Halifax and Winnipeg........

This was done in 2005 when soon Jazz announced service from YHM to Ottawa and Montreal.

It would be nice if Jazz serviced Winnipeg to give YHM more Western connection.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 6:50 PM
It's Hammer Time

It's a big day tomorrow! So what times does Flyglobespan land to YHM tomorrow??

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
Closed account

^ The first aircraft departing is already here (came a few weeks ago to get cabin retrofits at the airport and possibly a paint job into flyGlobespan colors as it is a leased 757-200 from Icelandiar) and a second is to arrive at 4:20pm from somewhere in the UK. Then they depart about the 8 oclock hour not to sure exactly to where I dont have time to look at the schedules. Apparently they dont increse to 3 flights a day till july 1st.

I will post more tonight when i get home as i have some other details unless someone beats me too it.

Happy Flying

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure