HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 19, 2006, 2:36 PM

Yep.

Old Posted May 19, 2006, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsatlbldr
Site clearing underway, excavation should begin shortly;
This seriously needs a construction web cam right THERE....

Old Posted May 19, 2006, 6:56 PM

Sovereign

May 17, 2006

99 Exclusive Residents Crowning 3344 Peachtree offered from $1 million

ATLANTA - Regent Partners, LLC today announced that the 99 exclusive condominium residences crowning the 48 story mixed-use vertical high rise at 3344 Peachtree will be named Sovereign. The luxury residences begin on the building's 28 th story, and rise 635 feet above the Buckhead skyline to the 48 th story. David Allman, Chairman, Regent Partners, LLC, said, "In choosing a name for these distinguished homes we sought a descriptor that embodies the building's striking appearance, while suggesting a quality of life that until now has been unavailable in Atlanta -- or for that matter the entire southeast."

Sovereign was chosen as the name as the word literally means 'above all others.' With residences starting at the 28 th story, all homes will enjoy a penthouse-like view. Allman adds, "The name, Sovereign, clearly resonates the unique lifestyle that residents of the mixed-use development will enjoy, while providing a distinctive and elegant address that is as outstanding as the building's sweeping architecture.

The office and retail portions of the mixed-use development will be referred to as 3344 Peachtree. The building's address clearly identifies its central location on Peachtree Road, and its desirable location at the center of the soon-to-be completed first phase of the Peachtree Boulevard project.

Old Posted May 19, 2006, 7:20 PM
RePpiN GR sTreeTz !

What an Icon!

-FerrariEnzo is the coolest forumer ever.

[>>]-Grand Rapids Boom Rundown-[<<]

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 10:46 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

That sure is a beauty.

Old Posted May 25, 2006, 1:26 AM

Foundation work underway.

Drilling the deep caissons;

Close-up, some look to be about 10' in diameter;

Old Posted May 25, 2006, 1:42 AM

thanks man, good stuff.

Old Posted May 25, 2006, 3:08 PM

jfsatlbldr you could really set up some awsome webcams!!!

Old Posted May 25, 2006, 4:44 PM

jfsatlbldr thanks for the pics
Vista Tower, Chicago 1,1199 ft UC 45 Broad St, New York 1,115 ft UC
9 DeKalb Ave, New York 1,066 ft 53W53, New York 1,050 ft UC

Last edited by kazpmk; May 26, 2006 at 1:16 AM.

Old Posted May 25, 2006, 10:06 PM
Legomancer

jfsatlbldr - Awesome pics!!! Are you taking these from the top of the Intercontinental Hotel? You always have the best Buckhead pics!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 7:54 AM
JoeCooper

Have they started cassion drilling on the site yet?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
Have they started cassion drilling on the site yet?
This photo should answer your question.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 8:09 AM
JoeCooper

Thanks! That picture says more then 1,000 words. For as long as it took to break ground on this project, the construction is moving along very quickly! I should have looked back at those pics, I forgot they were there. It's been so long since anyone has been on this thread. I just brought it back from the dead.

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jun 16, 2006 at 8:17 AM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 2:11 PM
fan of all that scrape

Buckhead is out of control! I love it! There's more going up in Buckhead than most major cities. Atlanta is a True "boomtown" IMO.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 5:45 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherinCarolina
Buckhead is out of control! I love it! There's more going up in Buckhead than most major cities. Atlanta is a True "boomtown" IMO.
I know, what's going on is great! The developers who have great potential are saying F the NIMBY's and driving their projects into full throttle. I love it, keep it up Buckhead!!! If every city got things done like in Buckhead, we'd see much better skylines throughout the US.

An example would be Houston. I love the fact that back in the 1980's they could build as high as they wanted, if the the city sided with all those so called NIMBY's and other anti progress groups, the spactacular Williams Tower would have never been built. That's a cool tower, standing at 901' all to itself.

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jun 16, 2006 at 7:35 PM.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
I know, what's going on is great! The developers who have great potential are saying F the NIMBY's and driving their projects into full throttle. I love it, keep it up Buckhead!!! If every city got things done like in Buckhead, we'd see much better skylines throughout the US.

An example would be Houston. I love the fact that back in the 1980's they could build as high as they wanted, if the the city sided with all those so called NIMBY's and other anti progress groups, the spactacular Williams Tower would have never been built. That's a cool tower, standing at 901' all to itself.
Notice comments like this come from people who don't actually live in Buckhead (or Atlanta, for that matter). I'm all for high-rises and density, but I also respect the beautiful Buckhead neighborhoods that are trying to avoid what happened to others in the area. Georgia 400 basically wiped out some of the most charming streets in Buckhead, and the trend only continues with more develpoments that should be downtown or in Midtown. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now ...

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 2:15 PM
Back on the road again

Vandynole, I understand and appreciate your comments. I'm a long-time Atlanta resident. I don't get upset with folks getting excited about high rise development in Buckhead. This is a skyscraper forum. We are members because we love skyscrapers. Don't confuse densification immediately along the Peachtree corridor, which is what is occurring with the present Buckhead high rise boom, with the GA 400 expansion from I-285 down through Buckhead to I-85. What does GA 400 have to do with these posters getting excited about high rise Buckhead Peachtree corridor development? After all, it was the sprawling northern suburbs that made the push for the GA 400 extension so compelling in the first place. Don't blame Buckhead developers for GA 400...blame residents north of I-285 clamoring for a short cut to downtown. No neighborhoods are being destroyed with the current building boom in Buckhead. It's all Peachtree corridor development. The densification of Buckhead (and Midtown, and Downtown) is precisely what the metro needs, in my opinion.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 2:20 PM

I hear ya. I just thought the previous poster's "F the NIMBYs" comment was a little insensitive, given Buckhead's battle with GA 400.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 2:22 PM
Back on the road again

Granted. A bit insensitive. True.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 4:46 PM
JoeCooper

My comment was directed toward the developers view on Buckhead, there's no getting around it, it's just the way it is. Look at when Park Avenue Condo's were built? I would be mad if they started building stuff in the Cathedral Hill neighborhood here in St. Paul, when they could just continue to add onto downtown. I honostly think it's kinda insane that they are trying to develop a third skyline when Atlanta already has Midtown and Downtown. Why not fill in more gaps in that area and make one mega skyline? Those are awesome buildings that are under development in Buckhead, and I am glad to see them getting built, they are just being built in a weird location. I could see midtown having Terminus, Mansion on Peachtree, 3344, ect...........

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jun 19, 2006 at 4:58 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive