HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 24, 2007, 3:58 PM
I'm going slightly mad.

Smile St. Louis: The Union Club

Thought I would start a thread to chronicle the construction of the Union Club in St. Louis. This will be a 4-story mixed use building with “39 spectacular units with walk out terraces, gas fireplaces, and underground garage parking with a private elevator right in the heart of Lafayette Square. Beautiful residences designed for a luxurious, urban lifestyle.” (From the developers website at:

http://www.gilded-age.com/unionclub.html

The design of this building is just wonderful. It works very well with the area and was a challenge to get the details ironed out due to Lafayette Square’s Historic District status. The underground parking garage has since been eliminated from the plans and there is only one parking space per unit in the ground level garage. That could present an overflow parking problem. The ground floor will have 6,000 sq-ft of retail space that is yet unleased. Parking might be an issue for that too. (damn cars!).

Here is a render from the website:

And an older render from a billboard at the site:

These pictures are from this morning. The caissons are almost completed and foundation work is well underway.

I have very high hopes for what this development will bring to the area. There are several parcels across the street that could use a little love too. The only real challenges I see are the location (near freeway) and parking situation. It's a very beautiful building and I can't wait to see it on opening day!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2007, 7:06 PM
TL;DR

Hey, I recognize that historic building in the background! I'm not sure what it is, but I know there's a Schnucks behind it.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2007, 9:27 PM
I'm going slightly mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Hey, I recognize that historic building in the background! I'm not sure what it is, but I know there's a Schnucks behind it.
The building in the background is a library. One of the many that were built by Andrew Carnegie over 100 years ago. There used to be a grocery store just to the north, but it has since closed. (That is the lot I mentioned that could use a little love.) There is a new grocery store coming very soon to a lot about 3 blocks east of the union club that everyone (well, almost everyone) is VERY excited about. (Count me in the very excited crowd).

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 3:44 AM
I'm going slightly mad.

Caissons are done. The outer wall forms are going up, as are the columns for the parking garage and the retail space up front.

Fairly quick progress.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2015, 5:24 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive