HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 4:51 PM

Austin Downtown 3D Paper Model

Hello fellow Central Texans.

When I was in town last weekend for ACL, I got inspired to get back into an old hobby of mine, 3D paper modeling of skyscrapers. I'm not an Austinite, but I have always thought of Austin as my adopted home skyline. San Antonio just doesn't have much going for it. But y'all have definitely exploded in growth over the last few years!

I would love to share the progress I make on this project here, although I don't know if it's allowed. Also, once I start on blocks that have brand-new buildings I may need to be pointed in the right direction to get the correct elevations.

Anyway, below is the first couple of blocks I've created, at 1:2000 scale. I thought One Eleven Congress was a good medium option to start on and build out from there. I still haven't attached the bases or trees, as I am still deciding on what to do for a base.

I do want some help choosing which adjacent block to start working on next. Anything that is directly next to these two blocks is up for consideration.

Let me know what you guys think!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin