HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
30 years ago I had a basement apartment at 1465 Carlton St. A family lived above, and it was very well maintained. Since it was sold and made into more apartments the decline is painful to see. There should be laws that maintain the Heritage Street Scape. In some parts of the US all changes to historic houses must be approved and buildings maintained. I expect that this will never happen in Halifax. I had hoped that Wade and Sam might do something about maintaining historic heritage, but disappointingly no.
Anecdotally, I believe it exists to some extent in parts of Halifax, as a former coworker who was living in the Hydrostones had to apply to make any changes which may alter the appearance of the structure, but this may have just the Hydrostones?

Looking through the proposal, it seems that just one of the College Street victorians will be moved, so presumably the others will be leveled. Definitely no restrictions there, unfortunately.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth