HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 5:48 AM
Khurram Parvaz

Smile Columbia University in the City of New York

Check out my step by step modeling of every single building on the campus of Columbia University in the City of New York. Perhaps the greatest school (in the greatest city) in the world. What can one say that already has not been said.

Post your own experiences with the school (in and around). The relationship between the school and the city for starters has been one of intrinsic value.

The 116th Street - Columbia University train station celebrates its 110th anniversary on Oct 27th (a month from now).

The school fits so well into the fabric of the great City of New York. It also creates a reason for humanoids to venture and travel beyond 80th Street. It creates a reason for people to travel Uptown just as Yankee Stadium creates a reason for people to venture to the Bronx or Citi Field creates a reason for people to travel to the proximity of LaGuardia airport. Columbia University in the City of New York is another landmark - another pin - on a map that diversifies the population of the City of New York to differentiating areas of the city. HERE BELOW is my personal album of my pictures of Columbia University (along with online pictures).

BTW a shout out (hello) to the amazing Andrew Dolkart, Mark Wigley, and Skyscraper Museum head Carol Willis. Such amazing minds, and people. Thank you for inspiring me and continuing my fastened love for architecture, engineering, and all that these fields entail. Nothing but the utmost respect.

Also I would like to thank the amazing staff at Barnard College for welcoming me with open arms, and mentoring me. Barnard is an amazing oasis of learning for women, and for me to have a glimmer of taste of life at Barnard was special this past July. The amazing President Debora Spar whose goal is to get more underrepresented and financially struggling students into Barnard is inspiring for me personally. Dean Avis Hinkson is amazing as well.

Video Link

Quote:
"Within the rectilinear boundaries of 114th Street and 120th Street, of Broadway and Morningside Drive, there is a peaceful oasis of the life of the mind, defiantly independent of the surrounding marketplace racket of Manhattan. The best things of the moment were outside the rectangle of Columbia; the best things of all human history and thought were inside. If only you had the sense, you could spend four years in an unforgettably exciting and improving alternation between two realms of magic. That doubled magic is lasting me a lifetime. All my writings such as they are trace back in once sense or another to my four years at Columbia."

Herman Wouk

Video Link

MY PICTURES

"STAND, COLUMBIA! ALMA MATER"

Last edited by THE BIG APPLE; Sep 23, 2014 at 6:01 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture