HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Another perspective. It appears to be topped out.

Another 8 stories with the pending crown this would have actually been a skyline changer like One Atlantic!

Still a great addition to the skyline!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfarley30 View Post
Another 8 stories with the pending crown this would have actually been a skyline changer like One Atlantic!

Still a great addition to the skyline!
That is what I meant, so close, but yet so far..

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
That is what I meant, so close, but yet so far..
How much higher will the pending crown add....like two equivalent floors?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
How much higher will the pending crown add....like two equivalent floors?
At best.....

Old Posted Nov 22, 2020, 11:08 PM

Old Posted Nov 22, 2020, 11:46 PM

MidtownTim also had a nice update on IG. You can see the rebar for the next floor rising.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3arJDJ...d=gf7u0oi83j8e

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
MidtownTim also had a nice update on IG. You can see the rebar for the next floor rising.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3arJDJ...d=gf7u0oi83j8e
It does seem odd that the cranes would have been raised to those heights if the tower was "topped off"...my bet is on a couple more floors at least

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 4:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
It does seem odd that the cranes would have been raised to those heights if the tower was "topped off"...my bet is on a couple more floors at least
It appears that the rebar shown in the picture is directly above the elevator core and is most likely only for the roof-top access floor. I don't believe it's necessarily for the pouring of a complete floor.
The crane may have been elevated to that higher level for the assembly of the lattice style crown, which rises quite a bit above the top floor.
Also, the Southern crane is much higher than the other so that they clear each others working radius.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 2:26 AM

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 5:15 PM

Looks like they are finally starting to add the X-bracing on the north face of the building.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 1:39 PM

Look at that SHIT HOLE POND where Opus was going..Disgraceful...

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
A picture is worth a thousand word...

Maybe it's time GA goes completely blue one more time. It would be great for business - especially for the city...

But in other news - There's about another 4 floors (in the structural hat that hides the ugly stuff), which means a half of "diamond" equals 4 floors of height.

Two of those "floors" will be glass enclosed. It'll look impressive once completed.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post

Maybe it's time GA goes completely blue one more time. It would be great for business - especially for the city...

But in other news - There's about another 4 floors (in the structural hat that hides the ugly stuff), which means a half of "diamond" equals 4 floors of height.

Two of those "floors" will be glass enclosed. It'll look impressive once completed.
So should it reach the height of the shortest crane?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post

Should be 3 equivalent floors remaining in the crown; the bracings for the top diamond is present in the picture ( and one of the bars was already in place on Saturday), the top (covered) floor in the image is actually above the diamond.(above the center of the X)

Old Posted Dec 8, 2020, 7:25 PM
i ain't no bubba

Taken Sunday 12/6

I'm looking forward to seeing how the recessed balconies will look when completed...I haven't seen a rendering that includes this detail.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Taken Sunday 12/6

I'm looking forward to seeing how the recessed balconies will look when completed...I haven't seen a rendering that includes this detail.
TBH it distracts from the whole "exoskeleton" gimmick that they're been marketing for so long on this project. But it's something flashy for Atlanta to get excited about for a bit.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 9:57 PM

Temporary Access

The open balconies should be enclosed in glass when the building is finally completed.

They are probably leaving the spaces temporarily open for easy access while they add a more refined finish to the exposed concrete floors and supports.

You can view a post on this page that contains an interior perspective of a interior balcony. Post #484
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...226166&page=25

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
The open balconies should be enclosed in glass when the building is finally completed.

They are probably leaving the spaces temporarily open for easy access while they add a more refined finish to the exposed concrete floors and supports.

You can view a post on this page that contains an interior perspective of a interior balcony. Post #484
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...226166&page=25
This isn't correct. You can clearly see the exterior curtainwall system installed at the back of the balcony. You would not have curtainwall installed if these were still "awaiting glass enclosure." The image you reference is the condition where there is no balcony.

Exterior space is a great draw and en vogue in office design but I tend to agree the way it's executed on this building muddles up the sleek exoskeleton design. It clearly was an afterthought and looks like one.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLarchitect View Post
This isn't correct. You can clearly see the exterior curtainwall system installed at the back of the balcony. You would not have curtainwall installed if these were still "awaiting glass enclosure." The image you reference is the condition where there is no balcony.

Exterior space is a great draw and en vogue in office design but I tend to agree the way it's executed on this building muddles up the sleek exoskeleton design. It clearly was an afterthought and looks like one.
Be careful, lest you get accused of being too negative or anti Atl....

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLarchitect View Post

I feel the same way. Still love this project, but I was disappointed with this unexpected change that wasn’t shown in any of the renderings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta