HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Demolition permit has been issued for Canadian Tire Gas Bar. The development agreement for the new station was recently approved. This will open up the right-of-way to allow for the widening to get underway hopefully later this year.
Station will return as an Irving (realigned properly after widening I'm guessing) which it was in the past.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Demolition permit has been issued for Canadian Tire Gas Bar. The development agreement for the new station was recently approved. This will open up the right-of-way to allow for the widening to get underway hopefully later this year.
How much widening do we expect this year? Are all the properties from Connaught up to Windsor accounted for in terms of being able to encroach on for widening? I've been surprised to see the new development at Oxford/Bayers have retail so close to the sidewalk. Do they really plan to get an extra lane of traffic in there?

Likely! I guess I just am not clear about it. Will be interesting to watch.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatscat View Post
How much widening do we expect this year? Are all the properties from Connaught up to Windsor accounted for in terms of being able to encroach on for widening? I've been surprised to see the new development at Oxford/Bayers have retail so close to the sidewalk. Do they really plan to get an extra lane of traffic in there?

Likely! I guess I just am not clear about it. Will be interesting to watch.
I can't find the old plans online that showed the property requirements but having a look at Explore HRM it appears only four properties don't have the ROW strip in front. The gas station, 6538 & 6544 Bayers and 6524 Bayers which is the one HRM bought and demolished. Outside of that the ROW seems to line up well.

As for B Young it's not noticeable in-person but the street ROW is actually wider on the Connolly-Oxford block than it is Connolly-Connaught. It might be snug but four lanes can fit through there. From Oxford-Windsor the widening will be to the north and the property is already created so those buildings are safe.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 1:40 AM

Quote:
The gas station is closed, fencing is up, and an excavator is on site.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure