HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
Don't be restrictive about new housing construction and allow densification in areas that can support it.
100% SOme of the areas with those height restrictions are getting ugly projects, I think if we want to encourage that we need to get the neighborhoods on board too, so make the structure fit in with the area, at least somewhat, so maybe brick or something. Idealy it would be eco friendly too but one problem at a time XD

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 2:45 PM
Me?!?

Third new apartment community in Conshohocken nearing groundbreaking

Once Equus breaks ground, there will be a total of 936 apartment units under construction between the Matsonford Bridge and the steel plant. Already under construction are 304 units from LCOR at 51 Washington and 280 units from High Street Residential at 101 Washington Street.

https://morethanthecurve.com/third-n...roundbreaking/

Old Posted Oct 17, 2021, 3:42 AM

I have a question, that large empty lot and parking lot to I believe the east of the navy yard, can it be developed?
It feels like such a waste. And if it is, I hope it is actual street fronting buildings, some of the navy yards buildings have way to much parking lot devoted space to be considered a 21st century district to me.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 7:52 PM
Me?!?

Mixed-use development approved for former Exxon property in Conshohocken

https://morethanthecurve.com/mixed-u...-conshohocken/

Old Posted Oct 24, 2021, 9:46 PM

901 Market Street, an office-to-residential conversion in Wilmington, today

The most pixelated sign ever

Old Posted Oct 24, 2021, 10:21 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Amazing ^^

Wilmington is gonna be bustling year round with all these projects.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Third new apartment community in Conshohocken nearing groundbreaking

Once Equus breaks ground, there will be a total of 936 apartment units under construction between the Matsonford Bridge and the steel plant. Already under construction are 304 units from LCOR at 51 Washington and 280 units from High Street Residential at 101 Washington Street.

https://morethanthecurve.com/third-n...roundbreaking/
Nice! I copied your post into the thread for this building. Since it's 12 floors or more, we created a separate thread for this project:
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...67#post9433467

Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 10:36 PM

I mentioned a few moths back that I saw some early construction work going on south of the Ambler train station and behind the Ambler Boiler House. I passed by on the train over the weekend and they are in the process of framing 3 separate 4 story apartment buildings on a once vacant lot. These apartments will be very transit oriented a short walk from the train station and near Butler Ave!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Amazing ^^

Wilmington is gonna be bustling year round with all these projects.
PhillyMag published an article in its IG stories yesterday about all of the restaurant openings upcoming from alums of Philly and NY chefs in Wilmington.

Anyway, I can't seem to find it anywhere, but lots of good stuff. Reiterates my belief that Wilmington should be fashioning itself as the Northeast's version of Richmond VA. A relevant but boutique city with a strong corporate culture.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 5:36 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
PhillyMag published an article in its IG stories yesterday about all of the restaurant openings upcoming from alums of Philly and NY chefs in Wilmington.

Anyway, I can't seem to find it anywhere, but lots of good stuff. Reiterates my belief that Wilmington should be fashioning itself as the Northeast's version of Richmond VA. A relevant but boutique city with a strong corporate culture.
Yea I heard about that article, apparently they were hinting that Wilmington had a great restaurant scene like Philly, and while Wilmington has many great Restaurants & Businesses they need to build up a little more before you can compare to Philly.

However I love that our Tristate has a whole is growing, and we are slowly but surely shaking off the negative.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Yea I heard about that article, apparently they were hinting that Wilmington had a great restaurant scene like Philly.
It didn't go that far. Just that there has been a series of openings by legitimate chefs and that it will likely continue. As with everything in Wilmington, had lots to do with BPG.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 5:49 PM

Quote:

https://philly.eater.com/2021/10/25/...kin-green-room
Love that old Green Room pic there (Le Cavalier).

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 6:36 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
It didn't go that far. Just that there has been a series of openings by legitimate chefs and that it will likely continue. As with everything in Wilmington, had lots to do with BPG.
Ok good, Those good Ol' Reddit folks know how to flip the story.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 12:40 PM

A nice nugget in tech business news yesterday.

The individual dollar amount is certainly nice (although becoming more commonplace, which is a great thing). What's most encouraging is the shift in mindset re: Philly-based companies noted by Bob Moore:

Quote:
‘It’s time to really build’: CEO Bob Moore on Crossbeam’s $76M Series C, that ‘market pull’ and hiring the right team

“The most important thing [for people to know] is that we genuinely believe that we can build an important significant, long-lasting technology company in Philadelphia with this business,” Moore told us in 2018. “We wouldn’t have signed up to do it if not. This is the right mix of opportunity in the market and the team’s ability to make it work.”

This time around, the fundraising process was also different. It took four years to raise a Series A with RJ, back in 2012, when it was quite literally a “hinderance” to be doing so in Philly, the founder said. Previous teams spent so much time and energy explaining to investors why a Philly company was worthy, but between the pandemic — no need to travel for pitch meetings — and the region seeing record-breaking raises so far this year, that notion is gone.

“We don’t spend time pitching Philly anymore, they already believe it’s a great place to start a company,” Moore said of investors. “And we owe that to people like the folks at dbt, DuckDuckGo, Guru — those people who are a few steps ahead of us who have kind of shown the way that you can build these businesses.”
https://technical.ly/philly/2021/10/...s-c-bob-moore/

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 2:22 PM
Me?!?

The growth in Conshy is wild but the roads are going to be completely choked out.

New apartment building in Conshohocken set to break ground. Billed as “Conshohocken’s first ultra-luxury residential offering”

https://morethanthecurve.com/new-apa...tial-offering/

A few specifics about 400 West Elm:

The property is 10 acres,
The building will be 12-stories
Amentities will include
State of the art fitness center
Spacious courtyard with outdoor kitchens
Resort style pool with lap lanes
A 12th-story entertainment lounge, and a rooftop deck with 360-degree views of Conshohocken and its surroundings.
In-building flexible office suites, a conference room, and private work rooms for concentration and privacy.
Then the everyday amenities like a concierge, maintenance-free living, package delivery, bike storage, pet grooming services, dry-cleaning services, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Nice! I copied your post into the thread for this building. Since it's 12 floors or more, we created a separate thread for this project:
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...67#post9433467
Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 2:53 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRevival View Post
A nice nugget in tech business news yesterday.

The individual dollar amount is certainly nice (although becoming more commonplace, which is a great thing). What's most encouraging is the shift in mindset re: Philly-based companies noted by Bob Moore:

https://technical.ly/philly/2021/10/...s-c-bob-moore/
Awesome to see. The city really is on the cusp of a true economic renaissance, growing tech interest, Life Sciences buildings going up left and right, the Hilco development, etc. Very encouraging. Now if only leaders would get on board.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Awesome to see. The city really is on the cusp of a true economic renaissance, growing tech interest, Life Sciences buildings going up left and right, the Hilco development, etc. Very encouraging. Now if only leaders would get on board.
I think more are on board than we realize. There's a really tough constituency in Philadelphia. The wealth and poverty extremes in this city are really pronounced. I mean, even Maria Quinones Sanchez is for business tax reform, but they really have to tow the line.

It feels like our next mayor will be either Rebecca Rhynehart, Alan Domb, or Jeff Brown, and tbh, I'd be happy with any of them. All strike me as competent. Jeff Brown might have the right constituency to break through and actually govern in a really cohesive way, though Rhynehart is my favorite.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 4:23 PM

St. Luke's begins work of $72 million addition to its Upper Bucks Campus

Quote:
St. Luke’s University Health Network started construction this week on a $72 million addition to its Upper Bucks Campus.

The three-story, patient care tower will double the size of its Milford Township hospital at Route 663 and Portzer Road.

The project will add 100 employees to the hospital’s nearly 500-person workforce.

The 118,000-square-foot tower will house cancer services and palliative care on the first floor and expanded obstetrics services, birthing and neonatal intensive care units on the second floor. The third floor will be shelled space available for future development.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=3#cxrecs_s

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 7:47 PM
Future World Dictator

Quote:
I think more are on board than we realize. There's a really tough constituency in Philadelphia. The wealth and poverty extremes in this city are really pronounced. I mean, even Maria Quinones Sanchez is for business tax reform, but they really have to tow the line.

It feels like our next mayor will be either Rebecca Rhynehart, Alan Domb, or Jeff Brown, and tbh, I'd be happy with any of them. All strike me as competent. Jeff Brown might have the right constituency to break through and actually govern in a really cohesive way, though Rhynehart is my favorite.
Cherelle Parker will likely run and while I don't know if I'd say she's the favorite, I think she'll be one of the leading candidates (at least initially). I'm not sure Jeff Brown will actually run, unless I've missed something recently suggesting that he's seriously interested.

Obviously this is all just far out speculation, but if I had to guess right now, I think we'll see a very fractured primary like the 2017 DA primary.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
Cherelle Parker will likely run and while I don't know if I'd say she's the favorite, I think she'll be one of the leading candidates (at least initially). I'm not sure Jeff Brown will actually run, unless I've missed something recently suggesting that he's seriously interested.

Obviously this is all just far out speculation, but if I had to guess right now, I think we'll see a very fractured primary like the 2017 DA primary.
Jeff Brown has been in talks with a political analyst about running, but hasn’t outright confirmed his candidacy.

I agree with 3rd and Brown — any of those three individuals are all qualified in their own way to improve Philadelphia.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations