HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 7:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | One Grand | FT | 28 FLOORS

https://nypost.com/2024/03/13/busine...-neighborhood/

NYC developer plans to build 28-story office tower in trendy Manhattan neighborhood

By Steve Cuozzo
March 13, 2024

Quote:
The developer behind Essex Crossing plans to build a nearly half-million square-foot office tower on Trinity Church land at Hudson Square — a sign of confidence in Manhattan’s troubled commercial market.

Taconic Partners and its investment partner Nuveen Real Estate unveiled images of One Grand, a tower to rise at the corner of Grand and Varick streets where Soho, Hudson Square and Tribeca converge.

The project designed by SHoP Architects is shown here for the first time.

It will rise 28 stories with 430,763 square feet of office space.

The first office floor will be 100 feet above ground with a public school and retail below it.
Quote:
Taconic won’t start construction until it finds an anchor tenant — standard for nearly all new developments. The leasing task falls to a JLL team headed by New York president Peter Riguardi.

Several “supertall” office projects are theoretically planned in Midtown, but their designs are vague and none is anywhere near to coming out of the ground during the market downturn.

One Grand’s more modest size and fully-realized architecture give it a head start over the field.

The land is owned by Trinity Church, which remains one of Lower Manhattan’s major landowners. It chose Taconic and Nuveen to develop the site in 2019.

Taconic says the tower will boast advanced wellness and sustainability features, a 13,000-square-foot amenities center, 20,000 square feet of outdoor space and 14-foot ceiling heights.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 8:05 PM
New Yorker for life

One Grand is exactly what I wanted 175 Park to be called.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 8:38 PM
Show me the blueprints

^Terminal Tower is a excellent runner up IMO.

This proposal looks terrific BTW, but no way should it get built without NYCTA getting an elevator to make the Canal St IRT station accessible*. And like every development that is station adjacent, I would like to see those flood vulnerable street stairs removed and tucked into the base of the new development. I have no idea why this just isn't city and MTA policy at this point.

*This could be done in conjunction with reopening the cross-under with a platform elevator on the southbound side so a second ground level elevator wouldn't be necessary across Varick.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Last edited by Busy Bee; Mar 13, 2024 at 8:53 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 11:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Nice to see SHoP on another project in the city, but I'm not a fan of the roof. A building of this height and design should have a flat roof, or at least one not angled in the way this one is. I think it takes away from the design.

Of course, it could just be the angle of the rendering. Still don't like it. Haircut!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 12:17 AM
Show me the blueprints

^I'm assuming that angle is parallel with Grand.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 2:25 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^I'm assuming that angle is parallel with Grand.
Probably so. Doesn't matter though, I still don't like it. It should be flush with the rest of the tower.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 2:30 AM

this is a rebrand of 2 Hudson Square

Good to hear its still in development. One of the few sites that can produce a sizable highrise after the neighborhood was hit with a height limit.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals