HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 10, 2022, 8:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The first sister has reached double digits - working on floor 10 right now. Five more floors to go.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 4:50 PM

This must have quite the impact on the skyline when looking from Riverview

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 6:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
This must have quite the impact on the skyline when looking from Riverview
Not so much as you might think (as of yet). I imagine the final five floors will make the difference, and, if the other two sisters get built, the shear massing of this project will have a tremendous effect on the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 8:52 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Not so much as you might think (as of yet). I imagine the final five floors will make the difference, and, if the other two sisters get built, the shear massing of this project will have a tremendous effect on the skyline.
The crane has more impact than the building.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 8:54 PM

I find it quite noticeable coming inbound on Gunningsville boulevard, but I agree that the next five stories will definitely put it above everything else in the immediate area and will make more of an impact on the skyline.

After decades, the skyline is finally growing again. Such a shame for St-Bernard’s square. Now the lack of news for the Ashford development is becoming worrisome. I sure hope this round of growth doesn’t fizzle out with a bunch of 6 story suburban buildings.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I find it quite noticeable coming inbound on Gunningsville boulevard, but I agree that the next five stories will definitely put it above everything else in the immediate area and will make more of an impact on the skyline.

After decades, the skyline is finally growing again. Such a shame for St-Bernard’s square. Now the lack of news for the Ashford development is becoming worrisome. I sure hope this round of growth doesn’t fizzle out with a bunch of 6 story suburban buildings.
The lack of news in the ashford development is 100% normal. They had originally planned an at least decade long buildout but pushed things forward because the market is heating up. Ashfords development, from what we know, is supposed to be substantial. They have been working with the city on it and they have their full support. This will be a game changer for the city and they should take their time to make sure it’s done right.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post

It looks like Ashford wants to build up their residential portfolio north of Main Street before they start their major development on the Assomption land. It appears that they'll next be constructing two more apartment buildings on Lorentz Drive. I think that after those are completed, they'll start their development south of Main Street. There's a lot of planning involved with a new street, moving the market etc.

And it is a shame that St. Bernard's square didn't happen. I just hope the new land owner builds something comparable and not a smaller, scaled down version.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 12:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Article on the "three Sister" in the T&T today.

T&T photo

The photo above shows John Lafford on the eighth floor of the first sister.

Not much new in the article that we didn't already know, but it confirmed that the move in date for the first sister is September 1st 2023. The second sister will be built by fall 2025, and the third sister will be finished in the fall of 2027.

The proper name for the development is actually The Three Sisters Along the River.

Monthly rents will average $1200-$2000/month, although the penthouse suites will be considerably more. Despite this, Lafford expects the penthouses to lease very quickly.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 2:09 AM

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
The crane has more impact than the building.

I love that it already has a presence on the skyline!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 10:02 PM

Nitpick on the thread title: These buildings are closer to 47 metres (155 ft) when measured from the ground. 58 metres (191 ft) is elevation from sea level. This makes them just a tad taller than the Blue Cross Centre (43 m).

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 5:57 PM

Drove by this site the other day, looks like a great addition to the Skyline!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
Nitpick on the thread title: These buildings are closer to 47 metres (155 ft) when measured from the ground. 58 metres (191 ft) is elevation from sea level. This makes them just a tad taller than the Blue Cross Centre (43 m).

Tiny, really.

Was hoping for taller

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 1:28 AM

What floor are they on now?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 3:41 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
What floor are they on now?
Twelve.

They should be at full height by the end of August.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2022, 2:24 PM

I drove by this morning and noticed that they've already got a lot of windows installed on the lower floors. I'm impressed by how much progress they're making on this building.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2022, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I drove by this morning and noticed that they've already got a lot of windows installed on the lower floors. I'm impressed by how much progress they're making on this building.
Yeah once they were around the 5th floor, they started with the exterior going up as well. I drove by it quite often. It’s been neat to see it progressing.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2022, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Yeah once they were around the 5th floor, they started with the exterior going up as well. I drove by it quite often. It’s been neat to see it progressing.
I have to say that Mr. Lafford has been impressive in what he's been able to accomplish in Moncton. The high quality Birch Meadows project was completed in a timely manner, and now this building if following suit.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2022, 6:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have now started work on the 14th floor of the first sister. This building should be topped out by mid August for sure.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2022, 7:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting aerial (presumably drone) shot of the First Sister at the 14th floor level:

photo found on Facebook

One more floor to go! This photo must be about a week old. The 14th floor is now covered, and work will presumably start on the 15th floor within the week.

I see that underground parking is under construction for what will eventually be the Second Sister. I'm not sure if this is new, or pre-existing. The Second Sister wasn't to start construction until 2024 (unless there has been a change).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces