HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 3:19 PM

The new sign for Bankroll went up yesterday:

IMG_6943 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

IMG_6948 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

The lobby looks nearly finished:

IMG_6908 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

They're having a Super Bowl party there for investors, before a "February 2023" opening.

https://www.gamingtoday.com/news/ban...wl-appearance/

I do find it odd that the second story windows were never put in; the exterior still looks pretty lackluster compared to the renderings:
Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.21.29 AM by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 4:24 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_phl View Post
The new sign for Bankroll went up yesterday:

IMG_6943 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

IMG_6948 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

I do find it odd that the second story windows were never put in; the exterior still looks pretty lackluster compared to the renderings:
Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 10.21.29 AM by Stephen Henry, on Flickr
Looks like the windows were never replaced (and added) at the Gap Outlet space. I guess that concept was scrapped?

A good power wash will help a lot though.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
A good power wash will help a lot though.
Yes, my god. How satisfying would that be to do it?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 5:58 PM
Show me the blueprints

^ Maybe that will come in the spring. Powerwashing in winter is not the best idea with water seeping into mortar lines and potentially freezing. No good formasonry all around.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 7:13 PM

Also, FYI, anyone with a PHL Free Library card can now access Philadelphia Business Journal articles without a paywall.

Introducing: Philadelphia Business Journal Online

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 7:24 PM
PHL

Quote:
Also, FYI, anyone with a PHL Free Library card can now access Philadelphia Business Journal articles without a paywall.

Introducing: Philadelphia Business Journal Online
Yo this is so sick, thank you!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 8:37 PM

I been walking around the city today seeing all new buildings and everyone wearing green. I look forward to the national media showing the Philly skyline if the Eagles win the Superbowl tonight. I'm glad Philly has added more to the skyline since 2017. Go birds!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 9:12 PM

Marquee is now lit in time for the game. Go birds!

IMG_6964 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 9:45 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Marquee is now lit in time for the game. Go birds!

IMG_6964 by Stephen Henry, on Flickr
That looks great, werent we having a discussion not to long ago that they werent going to do the lights like that, did they end up getting approval or did they go with different lights ?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
That looks great, werent we having a discussion not to long ago that they werent going to do the lights like that, did they end up getting approval or did they go with different lights ?
I think they had a temporary flat sign and there was some concern they were going to leave it like that. I think they always had approval for this sign, though they did specify in the CCRA agreement that the lights wouldn't flash.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 3:11 AM
Midrise

Quote:
I think they had a temporary flat sign and there was some concern they were going to leave it like that. I think they always had approval for this sign, though they did specify in the CCRA agreement that the lights wouldn't flash.
There are so many stipulations about lighting in the Memorandum of Agreement with the Center City Residents’ Association, including a prohibition of neon: https://files.constantcontact.com/d3...e1d09e74ac.pdf
(g) Signs and Lighting.

(i) Tenant agrees that it will not install or use any spotlights that will be visible from neighboring properties.

(ii) Tenant agrees not to install, or seek to install, any lights that are directed into the windows of any neighboring properties.

(iii) Tenant agrees not to install, or seek to install, any neon, strobing, crawling, moving, or animated lighting on the marquee or façade of the building.

(iv) Tenant agrees that all signs installed on the marquee and façade of the building shall be internally illuminated and shall use ambient light sensors to automatically reduce the intensity of the illumination during periods of darkness.

(v) Tenant agrees that the intensity of the luminance of any signs installed on the marquis and façade of the building shall not exceed a maximum of 7,500 nits and shall not exceed 0.3 foot candles of light above the ambient light levels.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
There are so many stipulations about lighting in the Memorandum of Agreement with the Center City Residents’ Association, including a prohibition of neon: https://files.constantcontact.com/d3...e1d09e74ac.pdf
(g) Signs and Lighting.

(i) Tenant agrees that it will not install or use any spotlights that will be visible from neighboring properties.

(ii) Tenant agrees not to install, or seek to install, any lights that are directed into the windows of any neighboring properties.

(iii) Tenant agrees not to install, or seek to install, any neon, strobing, crawling, moving, or animated lighting on the marquee or façade of the building.

(iv) Tenant agrees that all signs installed on the marquee and façade of the building shall be internally illuminated and shall use ambient light sensors to automatically reduce the intensity of the illumination during periods of darkness.

(v) Tenant agrees that the intensity of the luminance of any signs installed on the marquis and façade of the building shall not exceed a maximum of 7,500 nits and shall not exceed 0.3 foot candles of light above the ambient light levels.
Those look like LEDs and I can’t imagine CCRA is about to take them to court to enforce the CBA. It was a stupid concession to begin with.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 3:32 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
Those look like LEDs and I can’t imagine CCRA is about to take them to court to enforce the CBA. It was a stupid concession to begin with.
I wasn’t suggesting that they’re not in compliance with the CCRA MoA. The original restoration plan approved by the Historical Commission — pre-Bankroll Club — included restoring the neon along the top of the marquee. That portion now appears to be some form of internally lighted channel signage. I haven’t seen it lit yet; not sure whether it has been completed and wired up.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Yo this is so sick, thank you!
Time for me to go get a Library Card!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 8:12 PM

File this one under the NIMBYs f*ck it up again.

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20230213.html

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post

Ugh, I was just telling my wife about this drama when we walked by on Friday. Such a shame. While Old City has certainly seen some investment recentl, I can't help but think there's a lot more that would be done if not for the NIMBYs (certainly not the sole reason)
Really a shame, that was a nice proposal.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post

Absolutely infuriating.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Absolutely infuriating.
Hopefully it's just the nuclear negotiating option and the NIMBYs come around

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
Yes, my god. How satisfying would that be to do it?
There has to be more to come with the exterior space…right? Hard to imagine dropping $20mm on an interior retrofit and then leaving the outside looking like that? Maybe just painting that hideous beige 70s brick where the old Gap space used to be a slate gray or something?

They power-washed it about 3-4 years ago about a week after i called Gap HQ to complain about it lol. So the non theater portion, at least, has been recently power-washed despite its current appearance - which is saying something.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
Hopefully it's just the nuclear negotiating option and the NIMBYs come around
Yeah that’s my thought, the developer is probably trying to get them to agree to the earlier proposal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development