HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 12:30 AM

The shorter of the 2 cranes at the 7th Street project is coming down today:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/EDR/tempe

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 8:42 PM

Fence going up at Mirabella.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 3:47 PM

Article about market outlook from AZ bigmedia: https://azbigmedia.com/here-is-azres...state-outlook/

But what's weird is it has a seemingly new rendering for 100 rio? am I crazy have we seen this before?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 5:54 PM
High Voltage

^We've seen a few different renderings for that site.. Don't recall seeing this one though. I'm not going to hold my breath, however. I believe that site is going to be awhile before it gets developed. I like the rendering, and it would be nice to see it done.

Edit: This is an encouraging comment from the article. Considering that I work in the industry:

" Overall, Metro Phoenix’s office market is performing well, with tech being a major driver,” says Bryan Taute, executive vice president at CBRE. “Downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale continue to garner attention from tech companies, but Tempe tops the charts in terms of tech rent growth. All of these areas have seen significant demand from tech companies looking to draw from a high concentration of Millennials.”

https://azbigmedia.com/here-is-azres...state-outlook/

Last edited by TAZ4ate0; Jan 24, 2018 at 6:47 PM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Article about market outlook from AZ bigmedia: https://azbigmedia.com/here-is-azres...state-outlook/

But what's weird is it has a seemingly new rendering for 100 rio? am I crazy have we seen this before?

Don't think I've seen that rendering of 100 Mill before. Hopefully it's new and there is something moving.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 8:33 PM

Quote:

Based on the rendering - this evidently will take place AFTER city of Tempe takes down that pesky A-Mountain?

More room for towers!

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 9:23 PM

https://azbigmedia.com/canopy-hilton...w-hotel-tempe/

Quote:
Driftwood Acquisitions & Development (DAD), a company with decades of hospitality experience and a strategic focus on hotel and resort acquisitions, today announced plans to build a new Canopy by Hilton (NYSE: HLT) in Tempe, Arizona. The $60M+, 200-room Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown, University Area is in the heart of Tempe on University Drive, across the street from Arizona State University (ASU), one of the largest public university campuses by enrollment in the United States. DAD is purchasing the land parcel from The OPUS Group to anchor a corner of OPUS’ highly anticipated full block, mixed-use development Union Tempe, featuring two residential high-rise apartment towers connected to 31,000 sq. ft. of retail and restaurant space.
Posted in Union thread too.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Based on the rendering - this evidently will take place AFTER city of Tempe takes down that pesky A-Mountain?

More room for towers!
Hahaha didn't notice that. What a strange omission.

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for posting. Glad they won't leave a gap.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 12:01 AM

It wasn't mentioned in the Scottsdale thread, but they are also building one of those Canopy's in Old Town Scottsdale. It looks nice, 6 stories with a rooftop pool/ club. I wonder if Tempe will over build on the hotels since Watermark is planning one, the Athletic District is planning some, the Kimpton, the Westin and the Omni to name just a few.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 12:02 AM

Also the "Mill", the Cambria on College that was just posted on here and whatever that mixed use development is by the Hanover is suppose to have one as well...

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 12:42 AM

I don't think there is any way they can all get built this cycle. Lenders will get nervous at some point. Hopefully, we will some of the better ones get completed.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 1:35 AM

New hockey home, renovated Wells Fargo Area on tap at ASU

New details regarding the new hockey arena (5K seating and just north of WFA) and the complete renovation of the lower level bowl for Wells Fargo Arena. This is great news and WFA really needed the work.

http://arizonasports.com/story/13920...on-tap-at-asu/

Link also to the document:https://public.azregents.edu/Shared%...e-CMT-Book.pdf

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
More info:

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/new-arizo...ro-performance

Definitely going to be the coolest Light Rail station.
There was some discussion a while back about the potential rendering of ITSB 7 from Studio Ma. Looks like Architekton-Grimshaw was chosen as the Design Professional team. Also according to the map, the building will take over the car wash and retail building that used to house America's Taco Shop. Construction slated to begin Oct 2018

Info begins on pg. 37.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
There was some discussion a while back about the potential rendering of ITSB 7 from Studio Ma. Looks like Architekton-Grimshaw was chosen as the Design Professional team. Also according to the map, the building will take over the car wash and retail building that used to house America's Taco Shop. Construction slated to begin Oct 2018

Info begins on pg. 37.
Nice. A lot going on for ASU. Will be interesting to see what Architekton has planned. The map still seems to show the building overlapping the light rail.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 8:32 PM

Miscellaneous notes for Tempe:
  • "The Hayden" (hotel/condos at 5th and College) passed the DRC without any significant opposition
  • There is a fence up around the site for the 'Collective' at 7th and Myrtle (next to the Westin site). Fence has signs for UEB. Seems premature, as that project hasn't even gone through entitlements. But maybe sign of good things to come?
  • They are underway tearing up the parking lot where Mirabella will go. Have to say it gives me joy to see that parking lot gone, even if it's not for USA Place.
  • Use permit hearing upcoming for the Barmeier building. The market/restaurant concept still appears to be in the works.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post

Info begins on pg. 37.
I'm kinda bummed if the Studio Ma. renderings get completely pitched. That map in the link doesn't look like the project will cover as much ground as in those renderings, which means we might lose out on that cool transparent canopy looking thing. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, either way, I want the light rail station to look cool like other university public transit stations around the country.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutteringpunk View Post
I'm kinda bummed if the Studio Ma. renderings get completely pitched. That map in the link doesn't look like the project will cover as much ground as in those renderings, which means we might lose out on that cool transparent canopy looking thing. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, either way, I want the light rail station to look cool like other university public transit stations around the country.
With Architekton at the helm, this project is in great hands.

http://www.architekton.com

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
With Architekton at the helm, this project is in great hands.

http://www.architekton.com
Oh I have no doubt the design will look cool, I just hope we don't lose too many of the original concepts from the initial rendering. I'm hoping for a similarly vast atrium, that canopy thing I mentioned, and what I assume would be some sort of tunnel through the main building. Mainly, I don't want to see these ideas scaled back. This station is more or less THE official ASU stop, so I'm hoping the surrounding environment leave a big impression for those riding the rail.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:27 PM
Modulator

Here's the FAA Evaluation submitted for the Canopy:

Quote:
Overview

Study (ASN): 2018-AWP-100-OE
Prior Study:

Received Date: 01/08/2018
Entered Date: 01/08/2018
Map: View Map

Construction Info Structure Summary

Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM (Months: 0 Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 05/01/2018 to 10/31/2018

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Canopy by Hilton Tempe
FCC Number:

Structure Details Height and Elevation

Latitude (NAD 83): 33° 25' 20.80" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 111° 56' 16.90" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Tempe
State: AZ
Nearest County: Maricopa

Proposed

Site Elevation:

Structure Height:

Total Height (AMSL):

Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 6:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post

More room for towers!
Good observation! Wasn't Tempe at one time, long ago, considering leveling A Mountain for that exact reason, to open up space for development?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest