HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

22nd Commerce Square Tower [1] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
The preliminary presentation to the Design Review Committee for this project will be next week. They've provided this very detailed document (warning it's 90 pages long!!).

Preliminary Presentation - Site Plan Approval Process - 22nd Commerce Square

I read a good chunk of the document and while I still have reservations concerning the south tower (the overhang and the accordion section) I have more optimism for how this will turn out. The street level appears to be excellent and I am excited to hear more about the central atrium building. One thing that hasn't been mentioned but is interesting is the parking situation. There will be three levels under most of the site BUT due to economics they will be introduced stacked, high density parking to be used by the valet service at the hotel and condos. This roughly doubles the spaces created per floor. Also they are targetting L.E.E.D. ceritfication so there will be the already known accordion solar panels, roof-top solar panels (for hot water heating), rain water collection system for use in the buildings' plumbing, a high number of bicycle parking spaces, a wider sidewalk on Hollis Street, and some new street trees.
Excellent. Thanks, DJ.

Great info about the parking. I quite like that-- would be great to have three levels of underground parking right in the heart of downtown.

More developments like this = more underground parking = more competition among parking spaces = easier to park and (hopefully) less expensive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth