HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Jul 1, 2019, 6:02 PM

There's also these for-sale townhomes at 5th & S that look like they're getting close to completion:

https://fiveon5th.com/

Old Posted Jul 1, 2019, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
Crane is up at Capitol and 28th street, looks like that boutique hotel will be going up higher soon!
Wood frames going up on top of the first floor - I guess there won't be any steel involved. Is this still supposed to be 8 floors??

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 6:27 AM

Anyone think yamanee will move ahead now?

https://amp.sacbee.com/news/business...232267257.html

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c01 View Post
Anyone think yamanee will move ahead now?

https://amp.sacbee.com/news/business...232267257.html
I hope so.

This is the one "type" of project that we really need as far as ownership housing goes. It might be in the wrong place, but, there are very few "condo" projects.

There are many people who want to live downtown/midtown but do not want to be forced to rent.

Good news is across the street there is a 50% complete new 3-story affordable condo project by the same lady who build the Pushkins condo project on Capital.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 7:38 PM

I would definitely love to see some updated pictures of construction in Sacramento if anyone has the time to do it!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 3:10 PM
Kodachrome

Colliers Sacramento 2019 Q2 Office Market Report

“Market vacancy rate is now at a 17 year low. Downtown tenants in Class-A high-rise
floors facing $3.50/SF rents or higher will seriously consider relocation options in
Natomas or other nearby suburban submarkets to cut costs or find more efficient space.”
I would guess this will make it harder fill the proposed Tower 301 where rents are quite
a bit higher than 3.50/SF.

Read more here: http://colliers-sacramento.com/Marke...port_FINAL.pdf

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 7:34 PM

Crews have started to remove the fences around the old villas at capitol towers. Also they are removing fixtures from the insides. Hopefully construction is soon to follow

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 7:48 PM
Kodachrome

Tower 301 CEQA Notice of Availability of the Draft EIR

the City of Sacramento, Community Development Department, as Lead Agency, has issued a Notice of Availability for the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Tower 301 Project (P18-078) located at 301 Capitol Mall.

The Comment Period is from July 3, 2019 to August 19, 2019.

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/Comm...Impact-Reports

Comments are invited from all interested parties. Written comments on the Draft EIR should be submitted to the following address no later than August 19, 2019 (Public counter hours are 9AM-4PM, except weekends and holidays):

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
Tower 301 CEQA Notice of Availability of the Draft EIR

the City of Sacramento, Community Development Department, as Lead Agency, has issued a Notice of Availability for the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Tower 301 Project (P18-078) located at 301 Capitol Mall.

The Comment Period is from July 3, 2019 to August 19, 2019.

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/Comm...Impact-Reports

Comments are invited from all interested parties. Written comments on the Draft EIR should be submitted to the following address no later than August 19, 2019 (Public counter hours are 9AM-4PM, except weekends and holidays):
Interesting how they say in the beginning that construction will begin "December 2019". Doubt it will happen though as December is coming quick w/o an anchor tenant named.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2019, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb90 View Post
Crews have started to remove the fences around the old villas at capitol towers. Also they are removing fixtures from the insides. Hopefully construction is soon to follow
Ive been wondering wtf was going on with this. The construction fence has been there for 6+ months and no activity. We are mid summer this is prime construction time.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2019, 7:21 PM

Yesterday they started putting up the tower crane for the building at 10th street.

Probably in new few months the crane will be up for the hotel near golden one center. It's awesome that this many buildings are going up at once, but at the same time with all of these new buildings under construction while the building density will be much better (all of the buildings are replacing surface lots or single story buildings) the skyline isnt going to change. We have so many other buildings and densely packed tall trees unless the building is pushing 20+ stories you won't even see it driving in from the freeways or hills.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 7:01 PM

I've noticed the Natural Resources building popping up above the trees from several approaches into the city.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 10:38 PM

You all see the final 4 proposals for the I street Bridge replacement? They are taking public commentary.

I have to say I like aspects of 3 out of the 4--unfortunately, if I was a betting man, I think they will choose the one I absolutely hate. Have not found info on the design firms involved.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanadvocate View Post
You all see the final 4 proposals for the I street Bridge replacement? They are taking public commentary.

I have to say I like aspects of 3 out of the 4--unfortunately, if I was a betting man, I think they will choose the one I absolutely hate. Have not found info on the design firms involved.
https://www.kcra.com/article/final-4...plans/28358557

They're not awe-inspiring, but any bridge across the rivers is a welcomed addition to the region. My rankings are:

1. Solar Arch
2. Spring
3. Thru
4. Garden

Which means they won't select Solar Arch, which is the most expensive, but alas.. There's something about the Garden design I can't put my finger on but I don't like, it's like the towers seem too disproportional, like it reminds me of something you'd see in a middle eastern oil city, I don't know. Of course they will probably select Thru because it's the cheapest.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
https://www.kcra.com/article/final-4...plans/28358557

They're not awe-inspiring, but any bridge across the rivers is a welcomed addition to the region. My rankings are:

1. Solar Arch
2. Spring
3. Thru
4. Garden

Which means they won't select Solar Arch, which is the most expensive, but alas.. There's something about the Garden design I can't put my finger on but I don't like, it's like the towers seem too disproportional, like it reminds me of something you'd see in a middle eastern oil city, I don't know. Of course they will probably select Thru because it's the cheapest.

Anything but Thru, it just looks like the one it's replacing...zzz, boring.

Who actually decides?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofFrost View Post
Anything but Thru, it just looks like the one it's replacing...zzz, boring.

Who actually decides?
Completely agree! I wonder how much sway public commentary has but Thru is so uninspired and too practical--sounds exactly like what the council will vote for. Lol.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 9:51 PM

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Big win for the urban core, I'm glad that a project this size has finally gotten off the ground. When was the last time a residential project of this size has started in Sacramento?

I hope that the Commons continues to grow to its full extent, having three high rises close to Downtown at full buildout will help fill out the skyline and bring more people closer to the urban core.

If anyone was wondering, the article said that demo will start August 1st, and vertical construction will start around mid September and end in 2 1/2 years. The height of the building will be around 85 ft according to site plans and will contain 218 units.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 10:14 PM

I think the project under construction at 21st and Q is larger.

Of course 11th and J is much taller but the units might be lower.

This is great and all, number of units is a big win, but like I said in the previous post this building will not even break the treeline. I really hope we can get some taller buildings because right now its looking like we are going to have a super dense urban core than no one can see because it's all hidden. If you drive down US 50 from 5th street to 34th street you are barely see anything even as there are literally 1000's of units under construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post
Big win for the urban core, I'm glad that a project this size has finally gotten off the ground. When was the last time a residential project of this size has started in Sacramento?

I hope that the Commons continues to grow to its full extent, having three high rises close to Downtown at full buildout will help fill out the skyline and bring more people closer to the urban core.

If anyone was wondering, the article said that demo will start August 1st, and vertical construction will start around mid September and end in 2 1/2 years. The height of the building will be around 85 ft according to site plans and will contain 218 units.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
I think the project under construction at 21st and Q is larger.

Of course 11th and J is much taller but the units might be lower.

This is great and all, number of units is a big win, but like I said in the previous post this building will not even break the treeline. I really hope we can get some taller buildings because right now its looking like we are going to have a super dense urban core than no one can see because it's all hidden. If you drive down US 50 from 5th street to 34th street you are barely see anything even as there are literally 1000's of units under construction.
Yah the Press Building is 277 units and 19J while taller takes up less space length to width wise so it only holds 175 units.

Personally I believe that the heights of our buildings will increase slowly over time and there are a few buildings right now that are fairly tall and will break the skyline (the two office buildings on O St, the Nat Resource HQ, the new Court building, 10K by Mohanna, Richards Dev, etc.).

However, I believe that in order to diversify the skyline developers need to take larger risks and perhaps build for sale lofts like they did with The Sawyer and L St. Lofts, those buildings are fairly tall and there is only a small for sale market in the urban core. With the additions of WeWork in the urban core that can potentially bring up to 2400 jobs and the larger influx of rich kids from the Bay, hopefully developers start to build a little taller, even if it's slowly and offer larger for sale units because I am sure that many people want to live in the Urban Core permanently rather than buying the homes out in Natomas.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area