HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 11:41 AM

snapped this on Thursday, Dec 19th 2019.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
^^^
Great pic. Impressive skyline growth, esp. on the southside. Hopefully Oceanwide will get going again. On Wed/Thursday a cold storm should dump lots of snow on the San Gabriels, so pic opportunities should be really good up on the perch in the Baldwin Hills (Kenny Hahn Park?). Should be clear and sunny by Friday/Sat. Camera bearers, get up there. Postcard quality pic opportunity in a few days! DTLA and snowy mountains.

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 24, 2019 at 12:26 PM.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
^^^
Great pic. Impressive skyline growth, esp. on the southside. Hopefully Oceanwide will get going again. On Wed/Thursday a cold storm should dump lots of snow on the San Gabriels, so pic opportunities should be really good up on the perch in the Baldwin Hills (Kenny Hahn Park?). Should be clear and sunny by Friday/Sat. Camera bearers, get up there. Postcard quality pic opportunity in a few days! DTLA and snowy mountains.
Right, those San Gabriels with snow are the prettiest mountains in the lower 48 in my opinion because of the sheer contrast. I also think LA looks equally special at night as well, once Perla and Oceanwide and Metropolis and others get full occupancy the skyline will stand out even more among the basin, a few of those buildings will add colorful night life. We're just getting started!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:19 PM

Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 10:59 PM

Beautiful night time shot. I love LA.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2019, 6:38 AM

It's a unique skyline shot you can only get when the local topography allows it. It's not often that you see a skyline silhouetted by the glow of the city itself. These are about a year old but it shows off the effect beautifully:

Sunset by Ordinary Photography, on Flickr

Dusk by Ordinary Photography, on Flickr

Night by Ordinary Photography, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 12:54 AM

Does anyone know when the 6AM project is supposed to start and finish?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Overall nice project. I can’t get over those white lines running up the top portion of the building though. There is no symmetry, it doesn’t compliment anything and just abruptly stops at those balconies. It would look much better without them IMO.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 3:32 PM

Beautiful pics of LA guys!!!! Also I really like the Perla.. definitely love the fact that old LA has been getting the attention it has been so long overdue for! I remember what it was like in the late 80s and throughout the 90s into the 2000's... STRAIGHT UP urban decay!!!! It has come a LONG way but has a long way to go still! I think with a few of the projects planned and those UC the core and especially that East Side by skidrow will be a really interesting blend of AMAZING old school and new architecture. Hope to see a few more 30 plus floor towers break ground soon!!!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybox View Post
Definitely needs a tall peak right between 777 Tower and the Ritz-Carlton/Marriott Marquis Tower. Hopefully the proposed Figueroa Centre and Olympia Towers will fill in that gap.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
Definitely needs a tall peak right between 777 Tower and the Ritz-Carlton/Marriott Marquis Tower. Hopefully the proposed Figueroa Centre and Olympia Towers will fill in that gap.
It would need to be a supertall to really make an impact as the Bunker Hill towers are already at a higher elevation.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 9:17 PM
LADevelopmentMap.com

^^^ amazing photos!

I think the Fig Centre at 975 feet is going to make the impact we all want in that gap

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSupertall View Post
^^^ amazing photos!

I think the Fig Centre at 975 feet is going to make the impact we all want in that gap
The design is extremely underwhelming though. I wish they would creat something like the spire which was planned in Chicago.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 2:59 AM

Quote:
^^^
Most snow since winter '16/'17

(Greg Weber via AP)

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 4:08 AM

Incredible picture! Higher elevations in Angeles crest got over 4 feet of snow. Another round Sunday to Monday!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 6:34 AM

Whoa, that snow is like down to 1k feet

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSupertall View Post
^^^ amazing photos!

Has the project been approved & financed, or is it still just a proposal? Also the 64 story condo tower next to Pelli 777 S. Fig. Read somewhere that they have started to prep the site for construction. Is this true?

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 28, 2019 at 12:40 PM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
Most snow since winter '16/'17

(Greg Weber via AP)
Nice pic. Any more snow and glaciers will form. Lower elevations greening up like Ireland. Hopefully some photographers (pw etc.) will get up to the Baldwin Hills and take the classic pic with the DTLA skyline and the snowy mountains before the haze returns and the snow melts and post the pics here. Should be some real good chamber of commerce backdrops for the Rose Parade and Bowl. Shivering cold but pretty.

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Nice pic. Any more snow and glaciers will form. Lower elevations greening up like Ireland. Hopefully some photographers (pw etc.) will get up to the Baldwin Hills and take the classic pic with the DTLA skyline and the snowy mountains before the haze returns and the snow melts and post the pics here. Should be some real good chamber of commerce backdrops for the Rose Parade and Bowl. Shivering cold but pretty.
Hey, I'm a photographer. And I just happened to make it to the Baldwin Hills yesterday.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 10:41 PM

Beautiful shot, so clear after the storm. Alas, not much different than last winters pics, same cranes hanging over Oceanwide and no new highrises. Hopefully that will change this year with Onni and Crescent Hgts threatening to break ground, late 2019 (forget that) or early 2020. Hooters tower and the convention center expansion hotel (Marriott) should be happening also, but I'm not holding my breath on any of them at this point.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations