HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Tour des Canadiens I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 14, 2012, 10:17 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
FROM
Allison Lampert from The Gazette Blog:

Looks like the Tour des Canadiens might be getting taller.

Developers of the 48-storey condo tower near Montreal’s Bell Centre are looking to add extra floors now that the estimated 500 unit project is virtually sold out, I hear.

Sales of the condo project associated with the Habs blew away the expectations of its developers, Canderel and Cadillac Fairview Corp. Ltd.

Buyers in the project include a mix of parents buying condos for their university-aged children, aging boomers looking for a place to downsize upon delivery in 2016, non-Montrealers looking for a pied à terre in the city - and of course, investors looking to rent their units, I’m told. Unlike the situation at several projects in downtown Toronto, speculation in the project – where buyers flip their units for a profit as soon as the project is completed - is at a minimum.

Haven’t yet gotten a call back from Canderel, but a spokesperson for Ville Marie confirmed that the downtown borough is currently studying a new permit request for the project. The Tour des Canadiens is authorized to go as tall as 61 storeys.

SOURCE: http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...tour-des-habs/
Interesting, this either confirms Travis' scoop or Madame lambert reads SSP!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 8:18 AM
MTL♥

wow!!!! so what are we talking??? 180m??

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 8:20 AM
MTL♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Excellent news travis3000, thanks for sharing!

Two 50 floor towers side by side...In Montreal? Never thought I'd see the day, weird
I think its just getting started!! 1992 all over again except 10x bigger! lol

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S MTL View Post
wow!!!! so what are we talking??? 180m??
I'd say more like 170m tops, which is still good mind you!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 2:33 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Welcome back, Montreal.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2013, 10:39 PM
Look at me!

Kind of wished they had kept the big screens on the base like in the original proposal 1 1/2 years ago...

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 4:02 PM
The good old days are now

Exclamation Officially 50 floors

Quote:
Tour des Canadiens gains two additional floors

The most talked-about condo project in town will stand tall with 50 floors, making it Montreal's tallest residential project

MONTREAL, Jan. 23, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The consortium of The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited, Canderel, the Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ and the Club de hockey Canadien announced today the addition of two floors to the Tour des Canadiens, a condominium building that will be erected at the intersection of rue de la Montagne and l'avenue des Canadiens in the heart of downtown Montreal. This brings the total number of units at Montreal's ultimate 50-floor residential address to 552.

"We are delighted to be adding to this scope at the Tour des Canadiens. This is a very successful step in Cadillac Fairview's multi-phased, multi-year development plan for downtown Montreal", said Sal Iacono, Senior Vice-President, Development and Portfolio Management at Cadillac Fairview.

Thirty-two new condo units starting in the mid $300s, located on the 44th and 45th floors are now available. Each unit features an efficient use of space inspired by a European approach to interiors and unobstructed views of the city. Future owners will also enjoy access to unique common areas such as a magnificent terrace on the 10th floor, equipped with a pool, cabanas and a sundeck, grilling and alfresco dining, a state-of-the-art fitness centre with exercise, yoga and aerobics rooms, a chic, contemporary party room with bar and kitchenette, as well as a rain spa and hydrotherapy room, perfect for relaxing after a tough day.

"The enthusiasm elicited by this unique concept, in which sports and entertainment are an integral part of everyday life, has been unprecedented, and this interest quickly transformed itself into intent to purchase. To satisfy this growing demand, we have increased the number of residential units now available," said Daniel Peritz, senior vice-president, Canderel.

Whether it's a one or two-bedroom apartment or a penthouse, each unit will be delivered with integrated Euro-style appliances, including refrigerator, convection oven, cooktop, dishwasher, microwave and vent hood. Starting at $1.4 million, the penthouses will feature three bedrooms, unsurpassed suite finishes and panoramic views. They will offer the ultimate in luxury, with 10-foot ceilings and unobstructed views at the very top of Montreal's tallest condo building. This represents a not-to-be-missed opportunity for even the most discerning buyer.

"What an example of a healthy market in Montreal. The success of this great project is not only due to its emblematic colors but also to the commitments of its investors and promoters to offer a product of quality, well-situated and that answers current needs," added Normand Bélanger, President and CEO, Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ.

Future owners will also benefit from exclusive access to the Montreal Canadiens. Every year, they will be given priority for purchasing tickets to regular season games and will be able to enjoy a two-hour skating session for two people at the Bell Centre. They will have the possibility of being selected to attend preseason games in a private box or behind the Canadiens' bench. They will also be invited to participate in private workouts and take a VIP tour of the players' dressing room. Ultimately, owners will have unprecedented privileges offered by the Habs.

As the National Hockey League (NHL) gears up for a new season, Kevin Gilmore, executive vice-president and chief operating officer of the Club de hockey Canadien reiterated his enthusiasm for the Tour des Canadiens, an incomparable residential complex in Montreal, which allows residents to be part of the action at the Bell Centre and brings the hockey club even closer to its fans.

"As the hockey adage goes, the Tour des Canadiens is literally raising its game with the addition of two new stories to the building. Concretely, this addition reflects not only the magnitude of the project in itself, but also its quality and consequently the positive response from potential buyers", said Kevin Gilmore, Executive Vice President and COO of the Montreal Canadiens.

Located in the heart of downtown, just steps from the city's business, sports and cultural activities, it will be the only residential project to offer direct access to the Bell Centre, the metro, the train stations and underground Montreal. For more information on what the project has to offer and to find out more about the grand opening, Habs fans are invited to sign up online at www.tourdescanadiens.com.

For more information, please visit www.tourdescanadiens.com

http://www.facebook.com/TourDesCanadiens
http://www.youtube.com/user/TourDesCanadiens
http://www.twitter.com/TourDesCH

SOURCE: Tour des Canadiens
For further information:

Émilie Dutil-Bruneau
edutilbruneau@national.ca
514-843-2370
514-654-3180
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1103...itional-floors

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 5:21 PM
Look at me!

Well glad its finally official.

Quote:
making it Montreal's tallest residential project
Why? Is Avenue considered mixed-use, or will be a significant increase in metres, like up to 176m!

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Well glad its finally official.

Why? Is Avenue considered mixed-use, or will be a significant increase in metres, like up to 176m!
I think Avenue will still be taller. Remember they don't take other proposed projects into account when they say stuff like this, they just look if there's any completed residential projects that are larger and pretend they're the only ones building anything.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 7:22 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I think Avenue will still be taller. Remember they don't take other proposed projects into account when they say stuff like this, they just look if there's any completed residential projects that are larger and pretend they're the only ones building anything.
Oh I see. In any event I think its fait to assume that it will be pretty much the same height as l'Avenue, and we all know that the latter can go as high as 57 floors /200m. Let the race continue I say...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 1:40 AM

L'article donné par Mtlskyline précise un point qui m'avait toujours intrigué. Lors d'un ajout d'étages dans un projet, je me demandais si les étages nouvellement offerts à la vente étaient les derniers, dans ce cas-ci les deux derniers.

Ça me semblait improbable que quelqu'un qui a acheté un penthouse au sommet accepte qu'il y aura désormais deux étages de plus au-dessus de lui. (La nature humaine étant ce qu'elle est...)

Mais non : on nous dit que les deux "nouveaux étages" seront les 44e et 45e sur cinquante. L'honneur des riches propriétaires des derniers étages est donc sauf !

J'espère aussi que la course aux étages entre l'Avenue et la TDC continue. J'aimerais même que ça nuise au Rocabella au point d'entraîner sa non-construction ! Le Rocabella me semble en effet une nuisance visuelle pour les deux autres tours. Mais je suis sans doute le seul ici à penser ça...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 2:46 PM

Mais le site du Roccabella est encore plus important que celui de la Tour des Canadiens, tassé sur le Centre Bell avec le stationnement hors sol. Ça serait malheureux qu'un terrain vacant ou un stationnement de surface demeure sur René-Lévesque encore des années. Même chose pour l'Icône en face.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 4:04 PM
Look at me!

Je suis d'accord avec uqam+ a propos du roccabella. J'avais toujours imagine quelque chose avec de la gueule, et surtout, quelque chose de plus haut. Mais j'ai appris a accepter la situation telle quelle est a cause qu'on a pas seulement le Rocca mais aussi L'avenue, Habs, Icone.

Par curiosité, que vois-tu sur le site di Rocca idéalement?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Je suis d'accord avec uqam+ a propos du roccabella. J'avais toujours imagine quelque chose avec de la gueule, et surtout, quelque chose de plus haut. Mais j'ai appris a accepter la situation telle quelle est a cause qu'on a pas seulement le Rocca mais aussi L'avenue, Habs, Icone.

Par curiosité, que vois-tu sur le site di Rocca idéalement?
Sur René-Lévesque qui est LA grande rue des tours de bureaux de Montréal, à côté d'un édifice de Kohn Pederson Fox et non loin des tours de Peter Dickinson, Pei/Cobb et SOM, le lieu justifierai une tour de bureaux de hauteur et de qualité architecturale comparables. Ceci étant, le terrain n'est pas contrôlé par une firme aux poches profondes comme Cadillac Fairview et même eux nous offrent une tour Deloitte de seulement 26 étages. Ça ne semble pas réaliste pour le court ou moyen terme d'avoir quelque chose de ce calibre.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 12:57 AM

Mon impression est peut-être mal fondée. Mais il me semble qu'avec la Tour des Canadiens, l'Avenue et l'Icône en face, ça crée déjà pas mal d'engorgement dans le secteur. On risque de perdre l'effet de perspective sur ce qui sera peut-être les deux plus belles tours d'habitation de Montréal.

J'aimerais bien voir une maquette qui montrerait l'effet de tous les projets réalisés pour avoir une idée plus nette.

Il me semblerait par ailleurs plus important de prolonger le canyon de René-Lévesque vers l'ouest plutôt que de tout réunir en une sorte de feu d'artifice final dans le même quadrilatère. Je sais bien, par contre, que la propriété des terrains joue un rôle clé, bien avant les considérations esthétiques...

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 1:53 AM
Utilisateur enregistré

Quote:
Originally Posted by uqam+ View Post
J'aimerais bien voir une maquette qui montrerait l'effet de tous les projets réalisés pour avoir une idée plus nette.
Voici une image que j'ai faite il y a quelques temps. C'était bien avant que la hauteur du Roccabella soit augmentée et qu'on voit un rendu de la Tour des Canadiens qui ne soit pas mauve. Je me demande d'ailleurs ce qui advient de l'Îlot Overdale. J'imagine que ceux qui croyaient qu'il s'agissait d'un projet fantaisiste avaient raison.

By sherbrooke2 at 2012-07-17

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 3:41 AM

Tres, tres joli mes amis! Montreal en a vraiment besoin du developpement, WOW!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2013, 3:01 AM

This article mentions a bit:
http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...is-just-a-tax/
Every single time I watch the game and see the big sign for the Tour des Canadiens, my anticipation rises!

Last edited by Mamiamato24; Feb 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 5:39 AM
The good old days are now

I think this might be a new render with the +2 floor adjustment. Don't have time to count though!

http://www.ibigroup.com/projects/canadians-tower

Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 4:55 PM
Look at me!

^I counted 36-37 floors on the tower, not sure about the base. Looks about 50 to me, though!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive