HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 11, 2008, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattD View Post
But how can the city approve an additional 50K sq. ft. on a building already under construction? I didn't think you'd be able to add that much space and height to a building that's already started but I guess you can.
By the same token, how could they add 50k sq. ft. to a building that has no stipulations on the size or even if it's built or not?

The agreement between the city and the developer only require one tower to be built, which the city calls the "Mixed use tower" but it can have any use, and the developer went with all office.

They don't have to build the condo/hotel tower in order to get any money from the city, therefore there is no pre-set sq. ft. requirement for the whole building set, as was the case with the office tower (required minimum of 550,000 sq. ft.)

I'm guessing they will be able to add the 50k sq ft to the office tower but not to the tower itself, but to the area above the retail portion (NW corner)...

I don't know, that may seem a bit ambitious, not sure if that's even possible seeing how it would block off a good portion of the view/windows of the west facing lower floors of the Wachovia tower.

Who knows...I guess we'll find out how it pans out.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2008, 7:48 AM

On another note, I hate the design of the Wachovia Building... It looks like the Qwest tower, only lighter in color, and with a slant roof instead of the pyramid top.

Can't any other new buildings have vertical lines, rather than the boring, widely-used, and short-look-enducing horizontal lines? Like the US Bank Building tries to do.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2008, 9:47 AM

Looks more like One CPE if you ask me.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2008, 6:53 PM
Closed account

i think it looks great. of course i don't care what it looks like.. at least it's another skyscraper for phoenix.

Last edited by neworleans; Sep 12, 2008 at 7:11 PM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2008, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Hey Renone, any chance for some updated pictures from your office like you used to post?
Because of where I am located, my pictures would only show the dirt ramp. I can't really see into the hole very well. As soon as the construction gets above ground level, I will be able to take some better pictures.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2008, 2:10 AM

Quote:

CityScape developer lands funding

by Andrew Johnson - Sept. 13, 2008 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

The developer of downtown Phoenix's CityScape project will draw on $200 million in funds for current and future projects under a new partnership with a Texas investment-management firm.

Red Development LLC will use the money to help pay construction and development expenses, the company announced Friday.

The money comes from a fund managed by CDK Realty Advisors in Dallas. The firm typically buys stakes in real-estate projects to generate a return for institutional investors. The company has invested in prior Red projects.

The partnership gives Red access to capital at a time when banks and private lenders are hesitant to finance large-scale construction projects.

"In today's market, it's really challenging to get financing, and anything we can do to help us get financing is going to (make) us stronger," said Dave Claflin, vice president of marketing in Red's Kansas City, Mo., office. The firm also has an office in Scottsdale.

An undisclosed portion of the funds will go to CityScape, a $900 million mixed-use development that spans three city blocks near US Airways Center.

The project, which is receiving about $120 million in city incentives, includes office space, a hotel, restaurants and other amenities.

Red is co-developing CityScape with CDK Partners, which is not affiliated with CDK Realty Advisors.

Other projects that will benefit from the partnership include retail developments in Kansas City, Reno and Little Rock, Ark.

The size of CDK Realty Advisors' ownership stake will depend on how much money it invests per project.

Red's projects were not in jeopardy without the funding, Claflin said, but the funding gives the firm additional leverage.

"What this allows us to do is go out and obtain construction financing at the most attractive rates available," he said.

The first phase of CityScape, a 27-story office tower, is under construction and slated to open in early 2010.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2008, 8:48 PM

Thats great news but it doesnt mention anything about resedential units

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 10:25 PM
BANNED

A quick note on the rendering previously mentioned from the latest AZRE magazine... There is a sign on the 2nd floor above PF Changs that says "Jonathan's Steakhouse". Also, they have flags from numerous countries hanging from the 2nd floor along Jefferson, near the Palomar entrance.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 10:39 PM

This there anyway you could scan the picture and post it here?

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 10:42 PM

man I've been trying to get a copy and haven't had any luck. Can someone mail me a copy or scan or take a pic or somthing?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 5:18 PM

Davis ad for Cityscape from AZRE

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 5:37 PM

Awesome, thanks. (Now I just have to get a higher res. version...but I'll work on that. )

Here is the new rendering, side by side with the old version. They are mostly the same, though the Davis rendering looks a bit more chiseled and looks to maybe have a stainless steel facade on the hotel portion? It also looks shorter, but the floor height is the same so it's more realistic whereas the old renderings made it look much taller then Wachovia and that won't be the case.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 6:11 PM

Either way it's all good. I do laugh at all those people just walking hap-hazardly across Jefferson. "Look Marvin, there's retail up yonder!"

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 6:22 PM
BANNED

it's a scene from dawn of the dead

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 8:16 PM

no, it's a scene from Shaun of the Dead

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuilder View Post
After revealing the new name of Copper Square >Downtown Phoenix
I have another scoop. A major, major, major Phoenix Law Firm is going to move into Cityscape when it's done. I know one of the main partners and they just finished the deal. The partner was told Cityscape will be Phoenix tallest!
Any news on who this additional law firm is?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2008, 9:59 AM

I wasn't aware dreaming big and pushing the envelope included another midrise tower with a design that leaves something to be desired.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2008, 6:15 PM

CityScape will not be a new tallest in Phoenix. There are currently discussions of revising the current Halo for additional signage at the top of the Wachovia building but the overall height will not increase and Chase will remain the tallest building.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2008, 6:35 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Rising View Post
CityScape will not be a new tallest in Phoenix. There are currently discussions of revising the current Halo for additional signage at the top of the Wachovia building but the overall height will not increase and Chase will remain the tallest building.
Welcome to the forum. Not that I'm doubting you, but where do you get your info? Its never been rumored that the Wachovia tower would be a new tallest, it was the south tower that has been rumored to possibly eclipse Chase.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2008, 6:58 PM

South Tower will be 417'-3" to the top and just under 400' to the top of the residential floors. Unless value engineering reduces the height of the building. The building will not get taller from those heights. Chase will remain the tallest building in Phoenix. However, South Tower will become the tallest residential building in Phoenix.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest