HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 27, 2005, 9:52 PM

Quote;
Paul no offense but i've lived in San Antonio and DT San Antonio is isn't necessarily "vibrant" per se' along the lines of San Diego and New Orleans. The River Walk and River Center Mall are a wonderful anchor for DT San Antonio, but that's about as much as a tourist trap imo as Old Sacramento. As far as Downtown Sacramento and San Antonio, Sac offers more galleries, and pubs, that attract younger people imo. I also think there's a much larger variety of cuisine options, although SA Is a wonderful place to experience TexMex. I will say that I think that San Antonio does some things better than Sacramento (The River Walk) for starters and highway planning for another. However in the same respect, Sacramento has a few qualities i couldn't find in SA. Both are wonderful mid sized cities imo. San Antonio still ranks as one of my favorites.

Actually,

San Antonio attracts over 21 million tourists, probably more than New Orleans and San Diego.One source said New orleans attracts 10 million visitors per year.I thought it would be more than that.San Diego i dont know the numbers.

San Antonio downtown mostly Tex Mex? LMAO, hundreds of restruants pubs etc that offer every type of cuisine, in the downtown area.Houston street,St.Pauls Square,Sunset Depot and also the Riverwalk cater to the young crowd.There are 2 arts districts downtowns .Sac is not there yet. have you been to SA lately?OMG, I dont think SAC would be considerd a top tourist covention destination like San Antonio.

Looks like it's moving on up tough, wish we had news of a couple new 400 and 500 footers ?

How many people visit SAC annually?
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations