HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

125 Greenwich Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 3:26 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It is the old design. I don't really see how the confusion comes in. We've been talking about this tower even before Shvo bought the site and changed plans for a taller tower.
In that case I've never been happier to be wrong.

I'm guessing 1356' may not be the final height either, but it'll probably be a supertall then. Hopefully the design is as great as the height

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 5:24 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

O okay so we can still get the champagne out. Good good.

Some sort of early April Fools joke at SSC I guess. Well, in the end, you made me even happier Zapatan because you toyed with my emotions, and now, they went from low to high.

I was actually bummed out at first, for like 20 minutes.

Even the cat in your avatar was sad.

I deleted the previous permit from SSC. Mods could go ahead and erase that from history.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 1:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I'm guessing 1356' may not be the final height either, but it'll probably be a supertall then. Hopefully the design is as great as the height
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Yeah this building could be under construction before we have any decent renders to know exactly what it will look like. Also, about the filings, those will be changed as well to reflect whatever current plans are. I believe the initial filings for 432 Park were for a 5-story building.

The good news as that things are moving along at the site.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 12:44 AM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=06

Quote:
02/23/2015

AMENDMENT FILED HEREWITH TO SUPERSEDE APPLICANT OF RECORD RONALD BOYER, LICENSE #085831, OF LANGAN ENG., ENVIRON., SURV. & LA, WITH NEW APPLICANT OF RECORD MARK FISKIN, LICENSE #72550, OF URBAN FOUNDATION/ENGINEERING, LLC. ALSO SUBMITTING REVISED PLANS.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 12:51 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Some sort of early April Fools joke at SSC I guess. Well, in the end, you made me even happier Zapatan because you toyed with my emotions, and now, they went from low to high.

I was actually bummed out at first, for like 20 minutes.

Even the cat in your avatar was sad.

I deleted the previous permit from SSC. Mods could go ahead and erase that from history.
No problem

Glad I could be of service in an odd way

Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 12:43 PM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
03/09/2015

INSTALLATION OF 38 LINEAR FEET OF HEAVY DUTY SIDEWALK SHED DURING NEW BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, FILED SEPARATELY.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 2:22 PM
New Yorker for life

March 12, 2015

This is supposed to be finished in 2 years, similar to 111 W. 57th. Looking at the speed in which 432 Park rose, I believe it.

Excavtion was in full swing yesterday...

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 10:20 PM
BANNED

A 1,356 foot tower is UC and not a single dancing banana from you guys? #spoiled

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 11:08 PM
DENNAB

Is it a confirmed 1356 though? If it'll take two years then it probably is but I bet that's not the final height. I think the design will make or break this one.

I mean, a 1356 foot box next to the WTC might look a little weird although I'm still happy it's getting built. If it looks interesting and ends up a little taller (or even shorter) than the WTC then I'll be really happy

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 11:28 PM

I can't believe their building this, in a crazy type way! Keep us updated.

Last edited by Onn; Mar 18, 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2015, 3:02 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
A 1,356 foot tower is UC and not a single dancing banana from you guys? #spoiled
We are too spoiled.

Well, they are still excavating ... but yeah it will be U/C in no time.
And yes, I do believe we will get a 1,300 footer here. As stated, that 841' permit is pretty old.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 12:27 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
I think a lack of excitement also comes from not having a design, and the proximity to the WTC site where other supertalls are going up.

But put a crane on site, and I think the excitment picks up, even without a clear design.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 3:20 PM
Certified Idahoan

Fun

While I would like to see a design or render; Wouldn't it be fun to watch a supertall be built without any hints as to the design? I believe the discussion and speculation would be remarkable. I can just see the what the anticipation would be like for first steel, first facade and the crown reveal among other things. As long as it doesn't come out looking like a massing model that is

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 12:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Boise View Post
While I would like to see a design or render; Wouldn't it be fun to watch a supertall be built without any hints as to the design? I believe the discussion and speculation would be remarkable. I can just see the what the anticipation would be like for first steel, first facade and the crown reveal among other things. As long as it doesn't come out looking like a massing model that is
That would only be fun if the reveal were a great design.

A slowly unveiled horror would be too much, a big letdown.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 12:20 AM
DENNAB

From the massing model posted on the gate in post #407 it looks to be between 841' and 1356'

Maybe they've compromised at ~1100'?

I could be wrong and don't know if that's even accurate but we'll see

Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 12:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
From the massing model posted on the gate in post #407 it looks to be between 841' and 1356'

Maybe they've compromised at ~1100'?

I could be wrong and don't know if that's even accurate but we'll see

I wouldn't try to speculate anything based on that, although it looks 432 Parkish in both form and height.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2015, 11:56 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
I wouldn't try to speculate anything based on that, although it looks 432 Parkish in both form and height.

True... I have a fear that it's just going to be a box and I really don't understand why architects can't be more creative... I mean really, a 3 year old could design that.

As far as height I also am not convinced it will hit 400 meters. While the ~850 foot figure may have not been accurate or up to date I just have a gut feeling that it is no longer in the 1300's, perhaps for the best.

If the skyscraper Gods really love us it'll top that

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 12:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
As far as height I also am not convinced it will hit 400 meters. While the ~850 foot figure may have not been accurate or up to date I just have a gut feeling that it is no longer in the 1300's, perhaps for the best.

If the skyscraper Gods really love us it'll top that

Well, if it does end up shorter, I'll take it as a sign that the skyscraper gods are displeased with you personally....

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 12:57 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Well, if it does end up shorter, I'll take it as a sign that the skyscraper gods are displeased with you personally....
Ha, well, that could be a good thing considering that ~1350 is perhaps the worst possible height for this design and location. Being the same height as 4WTC would look better proportionally I think even though it would look best at ~1150 IMO.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 1:03 AM

If this building had a nice pointed top kinda like verre, I would be happy with it. I would be pretty annoyed if the best they could do is a box, especially for a tower in such a prominent location.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction