HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
You’re out of ur mind if u think u only spent $4.87 at Chik-fil-A for lunch. Unless you have the appetite of a small child lol especially the downtown location since prices are inflated due to ASU location
Maybe he eats a 5 piece chicken nugget box and a cup of water. Idk. As I said in the year of our lord 2019 ~$10 per meal is about the best you can expect.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 6:38 PM

Quote:
You’re out of ur mind if u think u only spent $4.87 at Chik-fil-A for lunch. Unless you have the appetite of a small child lol especially the downtown location since prices are inflated due to ASU location
The sandwich, with tax, cost that much. I'm not making it up.

The really fantastic Chicken Caesar salad at Bowl of Greens is about $8 and that's great too. Why are you arguing about this? It's not really debatable that there are few places where one can have lunch under $10 downtown, there should be more. Every other city has many.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:01 PM

Are we really fighting over McNuggets right now??

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:01 PM

Development anyone?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Are we really fighting over McNuggets right now??

we shouldn't be, there's a contingent on this site that really likes to get into pedantic arguments over other's opinions. Some opinions that are actually factual information even incite arguments - it's always the same 2-3 people. That's why I lurked on this site for a decade before finally joining. Might be better to go back to lurking if I can't even say I wish there were more places I could get lunch under $10 without people wanting to have a drawn-out argument.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post

we shouldn't be, there's a contingent on this site that really likes to get into pedantic arguments over other's opinions. Some opinions that are actually factual information even incite arguments - it's always the same 2-3 people. That's why I lurked on this site for a decade before finally joining. Might be better to go back to lurking if I can't even say I wish there were more places I could get lunch under $10 without people wanting to have a drawn-out argument.
Its just some friendly banter

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Is it a food fight??

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
No kidding lol if you’re easily offended by a couple of harmless posts and are threatening leaving a forum because of it, then maybe the Interwebs just isn’t for you. I just like to call BS when I see it...

So how about Link Phase 1 huh guys!? Looking great lol

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 8:04 PM
Modulator

Quote:
No kidding lol if you’re easily offended by a couple of harmless posts and are threatening leaving a forum because of it, then maybe the Interwebs just isn’t for you. I just like to call BS when I see it...

Walked by yesterday and the South facade on the lower levels is up. Still no green garage panels though, lol. Guess they are waiting to do that last.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 8:41 PM

Quote:

I'm not offended, it's just annoying to have someone arguing with you about how much you spend on lunch and saying you wish there were more inexpensive options. Why do you not understand how simple that is?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not offended, it's just annoying to have someone arguing with you about how much you spend on lunch and saying you wish there were more inexpensive options. Why do you not understand how simple that is?
You’re confusing your battles there buddy lol my only reply was to your unrealistic response about Chik-fil-A

You criticize other posters for arguing with an opinion of yours but yet you’re the one that gets their panties in a bunch and all defensive when someone offers a varying opinion than yours. Hypocrite much? Moving on...

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 9:17 PM
Skyriser

biggus, if lunch was just $4.87 you really don't eat that much--that's a snack for me.

I think that's what's throwing people off here, many of whom like myself likely skip breakfast and be starving for a big meal as the time comes. Accordingly, it's totally reasonable to seek other options beyond the high priced fare downtown. I don't remember there being grab-and-go style things downtown that are at good price points--maybe the Fry's will see this through.

Moreover, development news is going to slow down for the summer. We focus on that when there's something to talk about and these goofy "discussions" fill the void.

In any event, I hope you keep posting here fwiw, I enjoy your insights.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 9:23 PM

One Chick Fil A sandwich with a cup of sauce is about 600 calories. That's about as much as any adult person of a healthy weight should be eating at lunch. If you're having breakfast and then a slightly heartier dinner you'll hit a 2,000 calorie day very quickly. I really don't want to get into a dietary discussion though, not all of us have the same views and that is something that will be very subjective. Personally I can't have a sandwich, fries, and a soda. You'll be well over 1,000 calories (most of them empty) which is about half a normal person's daily allotment.

I've identified the point of your argument: my idea of a lunch is not as much food as your idea of a lunch. The point remains the same which is for a downtown worker there simply are not enough places in Phoenix offering a cheap lunch. Everything here caters to the recreational eating crowd; people who are going to eat with friends and aren't doing it five days a week so they aren't concerned as much with the cost. It's not like I don't understand how restaurant pricing works, I've spent lots of money at plenty of meals. I'm just not going to spend $12-$15 every day for a 10 minute bite before going back to the office.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
One Chick Fil A sandwich with a cup of sauce is about 600 calories.
Whoa!!! That's a lot of sauce for one sandwich.

One cup of sauce should easily accommodate two sandwiches imo.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 10:43 PM

Not about to jump in on this food fight, so instead heres some actual development news!!
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...dJcm0ifQ%3D%3D

Construction of a long-anticipated multifamily housing infill project on Roosevelt Street and Third Avenue is expected to break ground later this summer.

The multifamily housing project, which will be five stories high with 70 housing units, is the newest project by real estate development firm Habitat Metro.

The firm has several existing projects in the downtown Phoenix area including the Found:Re hotel and Portland on the Park condos.

The new project, named Eco Phx, will cater to the “underserved market of environmentally conscientious residents,” according to the developer's website.

Tim Sprague, a partner at Habitat Metro, described the project as “something that has never been built in this community.”

The apartment complex will include environmentally friendly features, including the use of solar energy, water reuse for irrigation and a “carshare program” for residents, said Sprague.

The plans include mixed-use ground-floor retail space and rental units ranging from studio to two bedrooms along with a gym and swimming pool.

Phoenix Business Journal previously reported on the sustainable housing project at the site, located at 301 W. Roosevelt St., back in 2016.

According to Sprague, Eco Phx qualifies under the Opportunity Zone tax incentive program through the city of Phoenix, which aims to attract development and investment in certain low-income neighborhoods.

However, Sprague said that while the apartments will be at market rate, they are “not planning to have affordable housing at this point.”

Demolition on the site began in late May to make way for Eco Phx.

The building, which recently housed Forno 301 and Phoenix Natural Medicine and Detox Center, was constructed in 1948, and operated as a small, independent grocery store serving mostly senior citizens in the area.

The shop was shuttered in 1984 to be converted into offices and retail space, according to the Historic Preservation Office at the city of Phoenix.

In the late 1980s, the building underwent renovations by the property owners, and therefore could not be placed on the Phoenix Historic Property Register. However, there was a 30-day demolition hold, given that the site was over 50 years old, said Michelle Dodds, an officer at the Historic Preservation Office.

Eco Phx is expected to be completed within 18 months. Montana-based Sletten Construction Inc. has been hired to construct the apartments, said Sprague.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 10:52 PM
BANNED

Seriously, do we need a $10 Bucks and Under thread to satisfy this mundane conversation, if so, move it there. Page after wasted page of this drek.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Whoa!!! That's a lot of sauce for one sandwich.

One cup of sauce should easily accommodate two sandwiches imo.
The sandwich is honestly just a sauce delivery vessel.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 11:51 PM

Found some updated renderings for Aspire Fillmore on CCBG's site, not sure if they've been posted before, but:

https://phxrising.city/aspire-fillmore-update-2/

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
The sandwich is honestly just a sauce delivery vessel.
Ain't that the truth!!!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 12:18 AM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPHX View Post
Found some updated renderings for Aspire Fillmore on CCBG's site, not sure if they've been posted before, but:

https://phxrising.city/aspire-fillmore-update-2/
This thing will just overtake the Ho on the skyline. What a beast.

Anyways no more sandwich stuff, people are starting to get cranky and likely need a sandwich too.

Someone should make a food thread anyways. We don't have a restaurant and dining thread here which is where more of these opening news/discussions should happen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest