HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 5:21 AM
MANNING IS HERE!!!

i dream of the day colorado has 5 million people living in endless sprawl, then we too can be like lost angeles!

blm...thankfully denver is growing smartly with more than it's fair share of infill, densifying the already densest parts of the IW and adding all the rail too. and weren't you part of that 90's migration? you complain about the transplants yet you ARE one!

on the topic of "getting out more often"... http://www.gjmphotography.com/gallery2/ I guess I am really slacking. I mean zero european cities? I should slit my wrists.

Cityscapes, skylines, landscapes and more at http://www.gjmphotography.com/

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 5:45 AM
under the influence...

Bronco, if you feel the need to prop up your own state, then please do so, but start your own thread. Last time I checked, the title of this one is still Arizona.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 6:02 AM
BANNED

oh my god who fucking cares if you think denver is better than phoenix. Good for you, thats why you dont live in phoenix. I live here because I love it here, but you don't see me going around telling people my city is better than thieir city, its just a retarded thing to argue about.

Argue about sports, or beer, or whos girlfriend is hotter, or who has the best car or whatever. But cities? get a fucking life.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 6:06 AM

Bronco-
There are many in Phoenix who are pushing for "smart growth" a la Denver....
Don't be surprised if you don't start hearing more and more about Phx infill/ Growing core density in the next 5 yrs...

I would never dream to insult Denver as your Downtown is a model of which I hope Downtown Phx should become like...

Just know that we have seeds in place that may help us get to your level soon and that many are trying.
We don't have so many unique older buildings but in place we can make the most out of the existing ones and add some delightful towers and mixed use stuff step by step.....
I'll have to invite you to a future Phx infill photo post and maybe you'll see all of the cool Modern stuff going up.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 7:03 AM
UrbanPHX

I dream of the day I move to a sprawl free city like Denver...you know like an area out near DIA?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 3:39 PM
MANNING IS HERE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Vandercook View Post
Argue about sports, or beer, or whos girlfriend is hotter, or who has the best car or whatever. But cities? get a fucking life.

i was arguing about sports with vertex and that spilled over into this thread when he decided to take a shot at colorado after i was playfully joking and appreciating AZ and people seemed to realize that.

loftlovr...phx seems to be doing a lot of good stuff, esp in tempe. i can't wait until the LRT line finally opens up there.

phx: dia is indeed in the middle of no where, and denver indeed has sprawl...but why didn't you pick highlands ranch as an example instead of DIA? i mean, DIA is an airport, car rentals and hotels. So far sprawl hasn't even reached there yet minus Brighton's sprawl, but only because we built the airport out by there in the first place. Just helping you to bash Denver properly

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 8:38 PM

We need a licensed therapist to join somewhere on the Mountain West forums..or is that a prerequisite for the moderator's job??? Anyway, some folks take things much too seriously and are either missing the filter that promotes civil, respectful discourse or need to look into some anger management.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
MANNING IS HERE!!!

I'm ricky bobby's dad (Talledega Nights)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest