HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 5:33 AM

Guess what??? Phoenix Suns won the game tonight. The final score is 113-100 Suns leads.

Check out this article from azcentral:

Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns eliminate defending NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers with Game 6 win

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...in/7539471002/

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 8:42 AM

On to round 2 with the Denver Nuggets. Hopefully this will be a winnable match with Jamal Murray out with injuries.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
On to round 2 with the Denver Nuggets. Hopefully this will be a winnable match with Jamal Murray out with injuries.
I hear Devin Booker and Jae Crowder ejected from the game last night. He's talking something bad. That's not acceptable!

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
I hear Devin Booker and Jae Crowder ejected from the game last night. He's talking something bad. That's not acceptable!

Video Link
The broadcasters cleared this up last night. Jae Crowder was ejected and has been trash talking the Lakers on social media ever since last night. (he should prolly stop and focus on getting ready for the Nuggets).

Booker was pulled by the coach to keep him from getting into more trouble. He wasn't ejected technically. Just benched for the final 30 seconds to prevent any additional technical fouls.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 8:23 AM

Love the playoff excitement that's in the air!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 3:03 PM

Quote:

Video Link
It’s perfectly acceptable, if the opposing team is going to have a party during a game 3 victory, hearing a word or two after we win the series is the least that can be expected in return. Also, Book did not get ejected.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 7:08 PM
E pluribus unum

I've been listening to the games on the radio (no cable/Sling, so no TNT) and McCoy was ripping the Lakers towards the end of Game 3 for whatever celebrating they were doing on their bench.

Gotta be honest, and this might just be the eternal pessimism that comes with being a long-term Suns fan but I don't like any of their potential matchups moving forward. I'd love for the Mavs to knock off the Clippers, or the Jazz in the semis if it comes to that.

Still holding out hope for Bucks-Suns finals, just to stick it to the league and for the revenge factor that nobody under the age of 35 knows or cares about. Hell, I was still 15 years away from being born when it happened. Also, still kinda bitter about Oscar Robertson leaving the then-Cincinnati Royals for the Bucks and winning a title with them, but at least he got a title.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
I've been listening to the games on the radio (no cable/Sling, so no TNT) and McCoy was ripping the Lakers towards the end of Game 3 for whatever celebrating they were doing on their bench.

Gotta be honest, and this might just be the eternal pessimism that comes with being a long-term Suns fan but I don't like any of their potential matchups moving forward. I'd love for the Mavs to knock off the Clippers, or the Jazz in the semis if it comes to that.

Still holding out hope for Bucks-Suns finals, just to stick it to the league and for the revenge factor that nobody under the age of 35 knows or cares about. Hell, I was still 15 years away from being born when it happened. Also, still kinda bitter about Oscar Robertson leaving the then-Cincinnati Royals for the Bucks and winning a title with them, but at least he got a title.

U can’t get a friends login for TNT or something?lol. Or find it on crack streams? Dang, I love Al McCoy and wish I could hear him but man, it wouldn’t replace watching it on TV.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2021, 6:55 AM
E pluribus unum

Honestly, I don't mind listening to radio. I grew up listening to Marty and Joe call Reds games and my dad used to work for WLW in Cincinnati (no, there's no WKRP but there is a WKRC) and KTAR.

Old habits are hard to break and you can't really do any better than McCoy when it comes to radio basketball (Chick Hearn, RIP). Besides, I work late and/or I'm doing school work so radio is less distracting than TV.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Honestly, I don't mind listening to radio. I grew up listening to Marty and Joe call Reds games and my dad used to work for WLW in Cincinnati (no, there's no WKRP but there is a WKRC) and KTAR.

Old habits are hard to break and you can't really do any better than McCoy when it comes to radio basketball (Chick Hearn, RIP). Besides, I work late and/or I'm doing school work so radio is less distracting than TV.
Cool, well you missed a hell of a game tonight if you listened to it. Go Suns!!!!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 6:33 AM

PHX Suns won the game tonight. The final score is 122-105 Suns leads.

Nice going!! Keep doing that!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 12:25 AM
E pluribus unum

That was a hell of a rally mid-third quarter. I love how seemingly every game so far, someone different has a big night. Last night it was Bridges, Booker before, Crowder, etc.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 12:47 AM

Yep, we have a deep team. Chris Paul was talking about it after the game. At halftime, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith were saying how Denver’s bench is better because they have Paul Milsap. I’m like what? Apparently they missed how great Cam Payne has been since The Bubble!!!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 10:33 PM

Phoenix Suns will play tonight. At 7pm. This is game 3.

Here the schedule:

https://www.nba.com/suns/schedule

Go Suns! Go!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 5:19 AM

Phoenix Suns won the game again tonight. The final score is 116-102 Suns leads.

One more wins away!! Sweep the Nuggets. Swept’em!!

https://www.azfamily.com/news/booker...wo_column_grid

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 3:06 AM

Suns Sweep!! They won the game tonight! The final score is 125-118 Suns leads.

That's a sweep!

WOOO HOOO!!!

Here's a link:

https://www.abc15.com/sports/mvp-nik...clNx9edbr1NwvM

Round 3 next! To the Western Conference Finals!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Suns Sweep!! They won the game tonight! The final score is 125-118 Suns leads.

That's a sweep!

WOOO HOOO!!!

Here's a link:

https://www.abc15.com/sports/mvp-nik...clNx9edbr1NwvM

Round 3 next! To the Western Conference Finals!
Yes!! Down to the final 4!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 2:18 PM

Suns are more than legit - they are the favorite to win it all imho. Yes, I'm biased but...dang...these guys are playing SO WELL right now! It's like 2005 or 1993 all over again ! Crazy fun. Go Suns!!!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 6:29 PM
Todo para la familia

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
Suns are more than legit - they are the favorite to win it all imho. Yes, I'm biased but...dang...these guys are playing SO WELL right now! It's like 2005 or 1993 all over again ! Crazy fun. Go Suns!!!
Vegas still not giving the Suns some love. They still have Nets as the favorite to win it all. You kinow the Nets who may have lost Kyrie Irving for a couple weeks and still await the return of James Harden. ESPN talking heads have said the logical choice is Nets-Jazz or Nets-Clippers. Rat bums keep leaving Suns out the conversation....that's ok....I hope this Suns squad keeps shutting up the haters. I think this team will make the Finals....it will be tough for them to win it all...but it is not impossible. I would rather they face the Jazz in the WCF and the Nets/Bucks in the Finals.

Suns definitely have a good shot to win it all....provided they protect CP3 at all costs.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 10:44 PM
E pluribus unum

ESPN/NBA probably want Nets-Clippers because NYC vs LA. I'm anticipating a lot of questionable fouls against the Suns in the WCF. Thankfully, Saric stepped up big time against the Nuggets and hopefully he can keep that going because it's easy to foul DA and that's what most experts were predicting the Nugs to do this series.

Honestly, I don't like a potential matchup with the Clippers, and apparently Mike Conley is out so Clips have opportunity to tie up that series.

I think the Nets win it all even if it's without the three headed hydra of Irving, Harden and Durant. They only played, what, ten games together during the regular season?

In a perfect, just world, it'd be either/or Suns/Jazz-Bucks or Suns/Jazz-Sixers finals. Unrelated, I'm pulling for Islanders-Canadiens Stanley Cup finals just to piss off Bettman.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest