HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 2:48 PM

Hamilton Virtual Earth 3D

Virtual Earth 3D looked like an interesting program to try out, enough so that it spurred a rare boot into Windows Vista. After half an hour of installation and rebooting I was able to fire up Virtual Earth. It's a like GoogleEarth except it has a complete 3D view of Hamilton's downtown. GoogleEarth only has a couple 3D buildings for Hamilton. You can move the view around however you want using the mouse. After another 10 minutes of my hard disk thrashing I managed to take some screenshots:

I recreated a photo I took:

The only thing Virtual Earth has on GoogleEarth is the complete 3D Hamilton. Other than that, it was really, really sluggish on my core duo 1GB RAM system, on which GoogleEarth under Linux flies. But it's worth a look if you want to have a bird's eye view of downtown Hamilton.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 3:00 PM
Closed account

Wow, that's so neat!! Thanks, Flar. My bldg looks so accurate! You can even see curtains!! hahaha

I think there's a thread about 3D map screenshots in the photo section, you should post in there as the current Hamilton shot they have is crap!!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 4:53 PM
Closed account

very cool....there's definitely not enough parking lots downtown.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2007, 4:58 PM

yes this makes it clear we need more parking :-p

also i can never get a loan at 2am so some more money marts downtown would be cool. its only 2 bux on a hun... and they're open late!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos