HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 7:00 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Deleted

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Is this Link still relevant or the latest plans?

https://www.som.com/projects/philade...district-plan/

I tried to look up the "30th St District plans" for 2022 and this is what popped up after looking through some older dates links.
So, at this point, I would say the SOM renderings have little value other than showing what's possible if the Schuylkill Yards is built. Not that it will look anything like that, but something along those lines.

An important note about the SOM renderings: Brandywine Reality is 100% spearheading the Schuylkill Yards. The 30th Street District vision, area north of the Cira Centre, was created in collaboration with Amtrak, Drexel, and Brandywine. This includes the current renovations of the 30th Street train station.

http://www.phillydistrict30.com/current-projects-1

Basically, besides updating the station, PennDot/Amtrak are conducting studies of how to modify I-76 and current trains.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 7:30 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
So, at this point, I would say the SOM renderings have little value other than showing what's possible if the Schuylkill Yards is built. Not that it will look anything like that, but something along those lines.

An important note about the SOM renderings: Brandywine Reality is 100% spearheading the Schuylkill Yards. The 30th Street District vision, area north of the Cira Centre, was created in collaboration with Amtrak, Drexel, and Brandywine. This includes the current renovations of the 30th Street train station.

http://www.phillydistrict30.com/current-projects-1

Basically, besides updating the station, PennDot/Amtrak are conducting studies of how to modify I-76 and current trains.
That link you linked with the 3 major plans is good, can't wait to see the proposal for the 76/676 ramps.

And another thing I just thought of looking at the SOM pictures which 100% aren't confirmed; I think we will see at least 1 Super-tall in that area, and my reasoning for that is that UC is a MAJOR HUB just like Center city is so a dense area with a significant tower will be an important anchor to that area even if only 1 is built.

Also I know the concerns are that "Covid killed offices" wellll Covid did kill offices and the atmosphere of how the past world was, that being said In person will always be #1 over a zoom call, and as time pasts we will see everything build back up and packed like pre covid just like how it is doing so now.

So I think people should worry so much about the future of UC and the plans, it will turn out better then we even imagine just like how Center city is currently, did anyone in 1990 think two Comcast towers with a potential 3rd one around the corner to be built in the 2000's?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2022, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
That link you linked with the 3 major plans is good, can't wait to see the proposal for the 76/676 ramps.

And another thing I just thought of looking at the SOM pictures which 100% aren't confirmed; I think we will see at least 1 Super-tall in that area, and my reasoning for that is that UC is a MAJOR HUB just like Center city is so a dense area with a significant tower will be an important anchor to that area even if only 1 is built.

Also I know the concerns are that "Covid killed offices" wellll Covid did kill offices and the atmosphere of how the past world was, that being said In person will always be #1 over a zoom call, and as time pasts we will see everything build back up and packed like pre covid just like how it is doing so now.

So I think people should worry so much about the future of UC and the plans, it will turn out better then we even imagine just like how Center city is currently, did anyone in 1990 think two Comcast towers with a potential 3rd one around the corner to be built in the 2000's?
I think a super-tall can anchor the area eventually. The stars just need to align with a tenant willing to occupy the office space and a hotel to take us into the clouds. We are blessed with the best business school in the entire world. Anything is possible.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2022, 2:17 AM

The towers are cool and all, but I REALLY HOPE we get that West Bank river trail as seen in the renders.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 4:03 PM

Sorry if this is an incorrect bump of this thread.

This article quotes that the cap of 30th street is not happening anymore?

Quote:
Drexel and Brandywine originally wanted to create an even bigger Schuylkill Yards by capping part of the Amtrak railyard north of 30th Street station and extending the street grid over the tracks. But Sweeney told the Inquirer he dropped the idea because of the difficulty of building over the Northeast Corridor train line and the amount of time it would take.
https://billypenn.com/2023/10/25/sch...t-development/

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post

I could be wrong, but I think this is referring to a different area when it says "part of" the rail yard. The rail cap project we've seen renderings of is a separate Amtrak development from schuylkill yards called the 30th st station district, unless Im misremembering

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 5:31 PM

Quote:

there are no firm plans in place to advance the cap over the railyard right now.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 9:53 PM

Quote:

It sounds to me like the area directly north of 30th street which is already a parking platform... The Schuylkill Yards project never included anything to the North. Within the Amtrak station master plan is a highrise with additional station concourse and platform access located directly north of 30th Street station.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 12:24 AM

ZONING PERMIT
ZP-2023-012485

Quote:
FOR THE RELOCATION OF LOT LINE TO CREATE THREE LOTS (PREMISES 5, 6, AND 7) FROM THREE EXISTING LOTS (DEEDED 3100 JFK BLVD, 3101 & 3151 MARKET ST)
https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=661835551

I saw this today & decided to post here as to not knowing or unsure what future site within SY this applied to.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool-ski View Post
ZONING PERMIT
ZP-2023-012485

https://eclipse.phila.gov/phillylmsp...ctId=661835551

I saw this today & decided to post here as to not knowing or unsure what future site within SY this applied to.
Looks like there's been movement on 3001. I wonder if this could be related to that.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:24 AM

That sounds like they want to put two buildings between 3151 Market Street and the elevated railroad. Unless one of the properties to the east of 3151 Market will eventually have open space. One of these sites was shown to be for the visionary supertall...but those 2016 renderings are visionary.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
That sounds like they want to put two buildings between 3151 Market Street and the elevated railroad. Unless one of the properties to the east of 3151 Market will eventually have open space. One of these sites was shown to be for the visionary supertall...but those 2016 renderings are visionary.
https://schuylkillyards.com/developm...huylkill-yards

Not sure if that's still their plan, but it shows the three buildings and presumably lots between 32/Market/JFK/Highline.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 5:34 AM

Those two buildings visualized between 3151 Market and the elevated railroad have never changed on the site map since 2016, only removing the lines for the terraces of the visionary supertall and other visionary designs. I presume they're gonna change the layout a bit

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 5:36 AM

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 2:22 PM

Does anyone know if the rail line in the middle is active?

Old Posted Dec 22, 2023, 2:28 PM

Yes, it is incredibly active.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2023, 5:15 PM

What about the 1,000 foot tower? Is it dead?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2023, 6:30 PM

That was in the visionary renderings from 2016. It was never real

Old Posted Dec 24, 2023, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnlover2005 View Post
What about the 1,000 foot tower? Is it dead?
In TK2001’s mockup, it would go where the green plot is in between the buildings (which is currently a low rise building and a surface parking lot used by Drexel). It’s still a possibility but the originally Schuylkill Yards renderings were visionary. Plus, in today’s day and age post COVID, I’m not sure the demand would be there anytime soon for a super tall unless the building was 3-4 different uses.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals